If we go big in the draft, Mario Hezonja is an option at SG in FA

NBASupes

There are a lot of guys at SG who are attractive for us as FAs this upcoming off-season. I don't see it at center. Resigning Dedmon is our best option and even then, we need a real legit talented center which is a major weakness. 

Our strengths: Bench depth, both forward positions and BBIQ. 

Our weaknesses: Defense, Center, talent, and skill in general. 

Dennis isn't really a weakness or a strength moving forward. Prince and Collins are strengths moving forward. If Marco is traded likely will be, he's a strength which will create a weakness at SG. At center, we are loaded with non-starters who lack talent and size. I like the way we run the system on offense but defense has to severally improve. 

4 minutes ago, AHF said:

He is 22 and improving.  Price point guy but there is a right price for him for sure.

Of course, I don't even see him as a starter next year but someone to consider for Marco's role which is good for 24-26 MPG. 

2 minutes ago, nathan2331 said:

I want us to sign Hezonja, but is he still a SG? Seems like the Magic have had trouble figuring him out. I wanted the Hawks to sign him and LaVine this off season, but it seems like I'm one of the few who rate him highly.

Orlando doesn't run an effective system with an effective personnel which is good for development. 

• Like 1

Yeah he’d be a nice pickup and I wouldn’t expect him to cost too much 

personally I don’t like too many SGs this free agency has to offer which is another plus Doncic gets on my board if we actually had the first pick option.

I’ve rarely if ever seen any real-time game minutes from him so I can’t judge him off of a highlight reel.  You can make a highlight reel of Malcolm Delaney.  

I’d rather let that fancy new training center pay some dividends by keeping Bellinelli in tip-top shape for 4 years.  Somehow the Ginobili in his game has surfaced after he leaves the Spurs.  Far more positive impact in the locker room than Hezonja I’m guessing too.

Edited by benhillboy

11 hours ago, benhillboy said:

I’ve rarely if ever seen any real-time game minutes from him so I can’t judge him off of a highlight reel.  You can make a highlight reel of Malcolm Delaney.  

I’d rather let that fancy new training center pay some dividends by keeping Bellinelli in tip-top shape for 4 years.  Somehow the Ginobili in his game has surfaced after he leaves the Spurs.  Far more positive impact in the locker room than Hezonja I’m guessing too.

Sheesh, I was about to say Belli is old and then i looked his age was like wow... :-(

• Moderators
10 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Sheesh, I was about to say Belli is old and then i looked his age was like wow... :-(

Beli has another solid 4 years of play in him.  He should be a catch for a team looking to contend in that window.  If I were another team, I'd rather have him now than Korver last year.

• Like 4