• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Yeah it's that time of the year again..

StephenHawking

vor 6 Minuten, TheFuzz sagte:

I don't think Bud is perfect either, but he's pretty damn good. We're pretty blatantly tanking under Bud, some of the decisions made are ridiculous, BUT may be mandated.

I honestly don't think so. Everything Bud intends to do serves the purpose of winning I think. Schlenk is fine with losing but he would neither lose on purpose as in subbing out the best players or do the wrong play-calls. 

I honestly don't think so. Everything Bud intends to do serves the purpose of winning I think. Schlenk is fine with losing but he would neither lose on purpose as in subbing out the best players or do the wrong play-calls. 

Don't be too sure. We're losing a lot of close games. I wouldn't be entirely surprised if Bud was making some internationally bad decisions here and there to preserve the tank. I think he knows what's at stake for the franchise.
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, nathan2331 said:
1 hour ago, StephenHawking said:

Don't be too sure. We're losing a lot of close games. I wouldn't be entirely surprised if Bud was making some internationally bad decisions here and there to preserve the tank. I think he knows what's at stake for the franchise.

You apologist are amazing.  Bud isn't intentionally losing.  This has been covered already.  Below are excerpts written by the AJC during the season.

Ultimately they, the Front offices might “tank” for the lottery in the way they build the roster, but coaches and players don’t tank. It’s against their financial self-interest to do so and, in nearly every case, it also runs counter to their pride and sense of professionalism.

Budenholzer’s job is clear: Win games and develop his young players. Really, that’s always been his job. It’s just that the organizational focus has shifted more to the latter. Whether that’s what Budenholzer would rather do is beside the point because it’s what he’s being paid to do.

• Like 1

You apologist are amazing.  Bud isn't intentionally losing.  This has been covered already.  Below are excerpts written by the AJC during the season.

Ultimately they, the Front offices might “tank” for the lottery in the way they build the roster, but coaches and players don’t tank. It’s against their financial self-interest to do so and, in nearly every case, it also runs counter to their pride and sense of professionalism.

Budenholzer’s job is clear: Win games and develop his young players. Really, that’s always been his job. It’s just that the organizational focus has shifted more to the latter. Whether that’s what Budenholzer would rather do is beside the point because it’s what he’s being paid to do.

Whatever, if we keep losing games, Bud's intentions don't matter. If we can at least agree that the Hawks are good at developing players, then you'll know he's the right man for the job.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, nathan2331 said:

Whatever, if we keep losing games, Bud's intentions don't matter. If we can at least agree that the Hawks are good at developing players, then you'll know he's the right man for the job.

Taurean Prince has not made much progress...Neither has Bembry

Taurean Prince has not made much progress...Neither has Bembry

Prince has made progress, I don't know what you're watching. He's shooting better than we thought he could and Bud can't force him to play better defense, he's got to learn that. Bembry's had a tough time with injuries, but his book is still being written. Are we going to discount the improvements players have under the Hawks coaching staff?

• Like 1

22 hours ago, nathan2331 said:

Losing Al was not the problem, not finding an adequate replacement was. Howard was a poor fit for what we needed from a center and Al covered up a lot of deficiencies in the team, but Korver's slow decline and Carroll's departure meant the end of the 60-win team. While Al's skillset is fairly unique, we can find other guys who can make similar impact in the future.

While the criticisms in this thread our valid, as fans can we ever say the Hawks underachieved. For all of Bud's problems, the team performs better than it should on paper.

Cleveland losing LeBron to Miami was not the Cavs problem, it was not finding an adequate replacement was. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
12 hours ago, nathan2331 said:

Prince has made progress, I don't know what you're watching. He's shooting better than we thought he could and Bud can't force him to play better defense, he's got to learn that. Bembry's had a tough time with injuries, but his book is still being written. Are we going to discount the improvements players have under the Hawks coaching staff?

Bud didn't improve his shooting...Practicing shooting did...What about his basketball IQ?  It is worst than last year

Cleveland losing LeBron to Miami was not the Cavs problem, it was not finding an adequate replacement was. 

Lol, that's a wild statement when you read that. We only lost 5 more games replacing Horford with Howard. Other guys play suffered because of that, but the point is that Horford isn't that great.
  • Like 2

Bud didn't improve his shooting...Practice shooting did...What about his basketball IQ?  It is worst than last year

A lot of things are worse than last year. If you really don't think Bud is good at improving players, then I can see why you'd want to get rid of him, but I disagree strongly.
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, nathan2331 said:
8 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:
Bud didn't improve his shooting...Practice shooting did...What about his basketball IQ?  It is worst than last year

A lot of things are worse than last year. If you really don't think Bud is good at improving players, then I can see why you'd want to get rid of him, but I disagree strongly.

Like what?  He is turning the ball over at an alarming rate this year

2 hours ago, nathan2331 said:
2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Lol, that's a wild statement when you read that. We only lost 5 more games replacing Horford with Howard. Other guys play suffered because of that, but the point is that Horford isn't that great.

Win-Losses aren't as important as to what type of team we were. Last year, our play had an expecting 38 win season. We knew we snuck a number of lucky Tim Hardaway Jr. wins late in games down big going into the 4th. I think saying we only lost 5 more games is disingenuous when we had a target on our back after the 60 win season, everyone stealing our style and the loss of Carroll which did make an impact as Bazemore just couldn't replace Carroll in his role. 

2 hours ago, AHF said:

I find the notion that Bud is doing his absolute best to win every game while his boss is deliberately shooting for losses just adorable. 

From some of the late game coaching decisions, I know Bud is doing a tank job. Some of his late games rotations go v. some of the rotation decisions he made in the last 3 seasons. 

• Like 1

Win-Losses aren't as important as to what type of team we were. Last year, our play had an expecting 38 win season. We knew we snuck a number of lucky Tim Hardaway Jr. wins late in games down big going into the 4th. I think saying we only lost 5 more games is disingenuous when we had a target on our back after the 60 win season, everyone stealing our style and the loss of Carroll which did make an impact as Bazemore just couldn't replace Carroll in his role. 

It is disingenuous to say Horford is only good for 5 wins more than Howard, but my point is that he just like all the Hawks players we've had since Nique have been very replaceable. Bud with some top tier talent is going to make us a contender.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, nathan2331 said:

It is disingenuous to say Horford is only good for 5 wins more than Howard, but my point is that he just like all the Hawks players we've had since Nique have been very replaceable. Bud with some top tier talent is going to make us a contender.

Easily. He's worth 15 more wins than Howard. Howard is trash. Teams win in spite of Howard. Teams win due to Horford. If Horford is playing poorly, Boston losses games. Howard can play well and Charlotte loses by 20 at times. Horford is more valuable than Nique. Nique was just a slightly better 80's version of Melo with less skill and more athletic ability. Horford equals wins. Horford NEVER had a losing season in his career outside of his rookie year and he was a big reason defensively we improved his rookie year. 

Edited by NBASupes

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

From some of the late game coaching decisions, I know Bud is doing a tank job. Some of his late games rotations go v. some of the rotation decisions he made in the last 3 seasons. 

Get use to this defense people

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Where is the proof that his boss told him to lose games?

You look at the actions and results this season and it is pretty compelling.  Expecting anyone to say they are losing on purpose (especially after watching the league run Hinkie off) is too high a burden of proof.  It is like asking "when did OJ say he killed anyone?"  The evidence speaks for itself with how the team has been constructed and how it is being run.  Bud and Schlenk will always talk about competing first.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, AHF said:

You look at the actions and results this season and it is pretty compelling.  Expecting anyone to say they are losing on purpose (especially after watching the league run Hinkie off) is too high a burden of proof.  It is like asking "when did OJ say he killed anyone?"  The evidence speaks for itself with how the team has been constructed and how it is being run.  Bud and Schlenk will always talk about competing first.

Still speculation on your part.  And no one in their right mind was going to resign Millsap and Hardaway to those salaries which doesn't necessarily equal having the worst roster in the league.  In fact. the guys who replaced the players not resigned have a similar or higher efficiency ratings anyway.

• Like 1