• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

capstone21

5 minutes ago, AHF said:

Denver ended up super lucky with the timing on these key games against the T-Wolves given their peak health and Minnesota's low point.

I wouldn't call it lucky when Denver would probably have 52-53 wins right now if Millsap hadn't gotten injured during the year.

• Moderators
Just now, KB21 said:

I wouldn't call it lucky when Denver would probably have 52-53 wins right now if Millsap hadn't gotten injured during the year.

H2H is a tiebreaker so timing is a lucky break on that.  Minnesota would also have 50 some wins without the injuries.

• Like 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, KB21 said:

It's going to be so fitting to see the Denver Nuggets be the team to knock the Timberwolves out of the playoffs and also knock Atlanta out of getting that pick.  Jokic and Millsap are developing that chemistry.

Are you rooting for the pick to convey to Minnesota instead of Atlanta?  Your tone seems that way but I'm not sure you are rooting for that in the same way you are rooting for Schlenk to fail given that this trade preceded Schlenk's arrival.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AHF said:

Are you rooting for the pick to convey to Minnesota instead of Atlanta?  Your tone seems that way but I'm not sure you are rooting for that in the same way you are rooting for Schlenk to fail given that this trade preceded Schlenk's arrival.

I'm not rooting for it, but I do think it is poetic justice since Schlenk didn't even try to match the offer for Millsap and have him turn out to be the reason he doesn't get that pick.

What I hope happens is that Denver passes Minnesota, but New Orleans is the team that falls out of the playoffs, giving the Hawks the 18th pick.

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, KB21 said:

What I hope happens is that Denver passes Minnesota, but New Orleans is the team that falls out of the playoffs, giving the Hawks the 18th pick.

Wait...What?  Why do you care about Denver?  Shouldn't you only care about the pick?

• Moderators
25 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Wait...What?  Why do you care about Denver?  Shouldn't you only care about the pick?

Rooting for Sap because if Sap succeeds he can use that as ammo against Schlenk.

• Moderators
30 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Sounds like we are all aboard the train for Memphis to beat New Orleans.  Roll Grizzlies!

• Like 1

• Premium Member
Just now, AHF said:

In fairness, he liked Sap and wanted to keep him here.  

So he doen't realize that Sap is almost 33 years old and not worth $30 mil per year and John Collins is a more than adequate inexpensive replacement for him as he ride that decline train over the next few years

• Like 1

Just now, Peoriabird said:

So he doen't realize that Sap is almost 33 years old and not worth $30 mil per year and John Collins is a more than adequate inexpensive replacement for him as he ride that decline train over the next few years

Paul Millsap is absolutely worth that money over the next two years, and the Hawks would be a lot better off having John Collins sit and learn behind Millsap for those two years.

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Paul Millsap is absolutely worth that money over the next two years, and the Hawks would be a lot better off having John Collins sit and learn behind Millsap for those two years.

He is learning with out him so I don't understand why anyone would want to pay $30 Mil per season for a baby sitter

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, KB21 said:

You had me until your said "worth that money" and "sit".  Look, there is help available and you don't have to suffer alone.  Call me @ 770- WTF-KB21

• Like 2

• Premium Member
Just now, KB21 said:

He is learning how to play losing basketball without Millsap.  

What's losing Basketball?  The team plays the right way from what I see...John in fact is more efficient than Millsap this year so maybe Sap needs to learn from John

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

What's losing Basketball?  The team plays the right way from what I see...John in fact is more efficient than Millsap this year so maybe Sap needs to learn from John

He's efficient because Bud limits his usage within the offense.  He is clearly lacking in fundamental areas that Paul is very strong in, such as playing from the mid post and playing defense.  

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, KB21 said:

He's efficient because Bud limits his usage within the offense.  He is clearly lacking in fundamental areas that Paul is very strong in, such as playing from the mid post and playing defense.  

That's because he is 20 and a rookie?  He opened up his game last game a was still efficient.

• Like 1