• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

How Will The Hawks Look Next Year?

Peoriabird

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, KB21 said:

Ayton's ceiling is directly tied to his defensive potential, which I don't believe he will ever meet.  He's not a rim protector despite his size and long arms.

I think Doncic has both a high floor and a high ceiling.  You don't find many 19 year old players with as well developed skill level as Doncic has.  

Nope.   I give Ayton the title because of his timing.  Moreover, his ball handling and feetwork for a man his size is on the level of embiid and Olojuwon.   He has real speed and agility.   The guy if he puts it all together is a generational talent.  My guess about Doncic is that he will be good but he will never be more than good.  People are expecting Dirk but they ought to get ready for Nikola.   That's not a slight.. just saying that he will be good starting but prolly not much better than thatas he continues. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
9 hours ago, KB21 said:

I think Doncic has both a high floor and a high ceiling.  You don't find many 19 year old players with as well developed skill level as Doncic has.  

Totally agree.

• Moderators
9 hours ago, CBAreject said:

Don’t disagree and he might go #2, but I bet he is #3-6.  Bamba and JJJ could easily go ahead of Doncic bc “you can’t coach height”

Hope you are right and he is there for us.  Would be super disappointing if he is off the board.

5 minutes ago, AHF said:

Hope you are right and he is there for us.  Would be super disappointing if he is off the board.

If Doncic is on the board and Ayton and Bagley are off. I hope San Antonio is in love with Doncic cause I am flipping him for Leonard. Hopefully we can land just enough to get us a shot at adding LeBron James. Dennis, Leonard, Prince, Dedmon, and others is formidable if not special even v. GS.

Edited by NBASupes

6 hours ago, NBASupes said:

The issue I have is the Hawks have good potentially good players in Prince, you have a good one in Dennis, you have two solid ones in Baze and Dedmon and no one is stopping and saying, man don't take Doncic because of Prince or Baze, or don't take Ayton, Bamba, JJJ or Carter Jr for Dedmon. No one is. Why do it now because Collins is young? We already know what type of player he is. If the player who's available is a great fit for what we do, why pass on him? 

I didn't say not to take Bagley, but that's a lot different than passing on someone because of Baze or Dedmon. If you can't see that then I'll just wait for Collins to show you. 

In other news, you really, really, really need to stop saying people are overrating Doncic because he's white. It makes you look very ignorant. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, High5 said:

I didn't say not to take Bagley, but that's a lot different than passing on someone because of Baze or Dedmon. If you can't see that then I'll just wait for Collins to show you. 

In other news, you really, really, really need to stop saying people are overrating Doncic because he's white. It makes you look very ignorant. 

Not really. Prince is a better player and prospect than Collins. I am not passing on none of the top 5 for anyone on this roster currently. We don't have KP or anyone like Booker. 

They are. He's not a sharp shooter. He's a slasher who has potential be become a very good shooter but his shooting ability isn't Steph Curry or Jimmer. It's good for his age. But people see his whiteness and give him the white typical attributes with the abilities he has. Then they overrate him to the moon.

Edited by NBASupes

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Not really. Prince is a better player and prospect than Collins. I am not passing on none of the top 5 for anyone on this roster currently. We don't have KP or anyone like Booker. 

They are. He's not a sharp shooter. He's a slasher who has potential be become a very good shooter but his shooting ability isn't Steph Curry or Jimmer. It's good for his age. But people see his whiteness and give him the white typical attributes with the abilities he has. Then they overrate him to the moon.

You are full of it on his race.  I couldn't care less what his race is.  Not even sure what the "white typical attributes" are referenced here but I think this will lead us down a dark place.  

Let's drop the race discussion and take it to the politics board if people want to continue with that.

• Like 1

You can’t know what a person’s motivations are in rating Doncic too high or too low, so let’s not speculate about that.  It’s just a blind guess about things that are unknowable and it’s divisive.  Someone could do a study to see if white players tend to be over-drafted or under-drafted based on career production, and that might tell you something about general biases, but even then, to apply it to an individual as an accusation isn’t wise.  

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, AHF said:

You are full of it on his race.  I couldn't care less what his race is.  Not even sure what the "white typical attributes" are referenced here but I think this will lead us down a dark place.  

Let's drop the race discussion and take it to the politics board if people want to continue with that.

I wasn't referencing you. You never tend to be over the top like the RealGMers who are. I noticed that a lot recently. I didn't think it was messed up. We do it for Football all of the time with QBs. For example: Jameis Winston who is an average athlete would get assumed Black attributes when that wasn't his game. 

Do you see what I am saying. It is not to disrespect Doncic. Hell,  I didn't even bring him up. The other poster did. I was just explaining why I stated it.

4 minutes ago, CBAreject said:

You can’t know what a person’s motivations are in rating Doncic too high or too low, so let’s not speculate about that.  It’s just a blind guess about things that are unknowable and it’s divisive.  Someone could do a study to see if white players tend to be over-drafted or under-drafted based on career production, and that might tell you something about general biases, but even then, to apply it to an individual as an accusation isn’t wise.  

That's not what I saying. I wasn't saying that. I was simply saying that people see elite prospects like Doncic they want to put things on him that remind them of people who look like him when that's not his game. Why the hell are you two coming at me? I literally said his prospect chart is similar to Harden. Every draftnik is comparing him to every white euro to have played in the NBA. Drazen, Toni, Hedo, Peja,  etc. That's not me doing that. So why come at me and not the others. It makes no sense to me?

5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

That's not what I saying. I wasn't saying that. I was simply saying that people see elite prospects like Doncic they want to put things on him that remind them of people who look like him when that's not his game. Why the hell are you two coming at me? I literally said his prospect chart is similar to Harden. Every draftnik is comparing him to every white euro to have played in the NBA. Drazen, Toni, Hedo, Peja,  etc. That's not me doing that. So why come at me and not the others. It makes no sense to me?

YOU are the one that said people are overrating Luka because he is white.

14 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I didn’t single you out.  I just didn’t like where the conversation was trending.  I’ve seen too many conversations turn nasty over race and politics on sports forums.  Just a reminder to give people the benefit of the doubt and not make assumptions about their motives.  

• Like 1