• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Schlenk states we will take bad contracts for picks

NBASupes

23 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

https://www.ajc.com/sports/basketball/hawks-will-have-significant-cap-space-flexibility-this-summer/JJKN9QODkOKXcpDEI4k76J/amp.html?__twitter_impression=true

The one that I want is the #12 pick from LAC. I want Miles or Mikal Bridges. I'll take Gallo contract 

Yup reading between the lines that’s exactly what he means but the draft picks could very well be for this year or future drafts....which kinda makes it less exciting but I’m with you man ...if you can get one of the Bridges by taking on a bad salary to move up it’s a no brainer 

one can only hope we get that lucky as well as getting the number 1 pick.

• Like 3

Just now, KB21 said:

Translation: He's not going to add anyone that can help this team win.  The Hawks are going to continue with this stupid youth movement, which means there will be no end to the losing anytime soon.

You don't know that, what you do know is he wants more picks.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, JTB said:

Yup reading between the lines that’s exactly what he means but the draft picks could very well be for this year or future drafts....which kinda makes it less exciting but I’m with you man ...if you can get one of the Bridges by taking on a bad salary to move up it’s a no brainer 

I’m hoping for a trade with Denver for 14 and either Plumlee or Faried for 18 and 30 that would be cool with me and Denver has to extend Jokic.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, davis171 said:

I’m hoping for a trade with Denver for 14 and either Plumlee or Faried for 18 and 30 that would be cool with me and Denver has to extend Jokic.

I don't want either player. No more Plumlee and no to Faried.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Just posting a random message here. There is no obligation to reply to it just because it's here.

~lw3

Hello!

im an ass and I sometimes like to be ignorant as well.....and that is the reason I’m replying!

Good Day! Lol

Edited by JTB
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I don't want either player. No more Plumlee and no to Faried.

May not want them but I like how @davis171 brought up a realistic trade that could happen.

i can see Schlenk doing that deal as well as the Nuggets. It’s a good trade for the hawks to move up and to free Denver up a bit of cap space to do whatever they need to do.

at least Faried is a beast on the boards but we’d likely get Plumlee if this deal was actually in the works 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, JTB said:

May not want them but I like how @davis171 brought up a realistic trade that could happen.

i can see Schlenk doing that deal as well as the Nuggets. It’s a good trade for the hawks to move up and to free Denver up a bit of cap space to do whatever they need to do.

at least Faried is a beast on the boards but we’d likely get Plumlee if this deal was actually in the works 

How would that deal be good for the Hawks when it doesn't help the Hawks win at all?

• Like 1

That's a pretty horrible deal. The 18 and 30 for the 14 is a good value if Denver wants to take it. But add bad contracts in the mix, oh my. Not a deal I would expect a decent GM to make. Not even Billy King

That said, I get where Davis is going. But I would do that deal if I could add Miles Plumlee to the deal. That would be a good value

Edited by NBASupes

26 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

That's a pretty horrible deal. The 18 and 30 for the 14 is a good value if Denver wants to take it. But add bad contracts in the mix, oh my. Not a deal I would expect a decent GM to make. Not even Billy King

That said, I get where Davis is going. But I would do that deal if I could add Miles Plumlee to the deal. That would be a good value

Moving up is very expensive you underrate how difficult it is it'll take that type of ammo to move up imo maybe we can take Marvin to move up to 11 in a similar move with Charlotte. But my example is if for example lets say Knox falls to 14 and the hawks have him graded in the top 10 and know that he will not be there at 18 or 19 so we take on Faried for that opportunity I'd love the aggressiveness. Faried > Plumlee. Faried's contract is only 2 yrs and the hawks could hypothetically move on next year as it would be an expiring deal at 13 mill which isn't to bad compared to some bad contracts out there.

Edited by davis171

2 hours ago, JTB said:

You’re correct in that these moves will more than likely not impact this draft.  Most teams will not know their cap situation till after the moratorium and free agency to feel the urge to attach valuable assets to shed salary.

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Faried is an expiring deal so that doesn't hurt my head too much.  Plumlee is on the books for two more years so that is much less palatable.  Taking on a bad deal would require a sweetener in either case but Faried I take on cheaper than I do Plumlee.

Just now, AHF said:

I predicted this too.  Taking on bad contracts means not skimping on the payroll to save money.  It means investing the money in picks rather than vets.

It means committing to multiple losing seasons in the name of being young and fun.