• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

It’s official Bud is gone ....but for nothing in return

JTB

5 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

So they aren't worried that he would be hired somewhere else?

Considering to the degree that Budenholzer is playing with house money, I would not be surprised if the Bucks had not been in steady communication with Bud's agent.

Casey getting fired was seemingly not on most folks radar and likewise seems an excellent fit for Budenholzer's system.  Be interesting to hear more about how the Knicks search played out as he did take his name out of the Suns search and would be surprised that the Knicks would prefer Fisdale.

Edited by Jungle Jack

• Admin
8 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

What are they waiting on before they hire him then? A letter of recommendation from the Hawks?

I wonder ... prob just doing their due diligence ... they still had meeting to do with Becky and someone else (I forget who) ... if they want him they should hurry before Toronto starts calling

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, Jungle Jack said:

Casey getting fired was seemingly not on most folks radar and likewise seems an excellent fit for Budenholzer's system.

How is Toronto a great fit for Bud's system?  Toronto is middle of the road with 3 point shooting and Derozan can't shoot them at all.  Isn't Valanciunas their starting center backed up by Nogueira

3 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

How is Toronto a great fit for Bud's system?  Toronto is middle of the road with 3 point shooting and Derozan can't shoot them at all.  Isn't Valanciunas their starting center backed up by Nogueira

DeRozan being a 30% or so beyond the 3 is decidedly not ideal.  Valanciunas is the starting 5.  I would guess it would be the combination of a new voice for the team, less iso's (not that the Raptors ran it the entire time), solid on development for both rookies and vets and so forth.

Casey getting fired is cruel and while I understand where they are coming from, LeBron is a historic player who words simply cannot convey. 

Also, as for the Bucks announcing, I would think any HC candidate has to have the Greek's blessing first and foremost.

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

But shouldn't go to Toronto, they're gonna be rebuilding pretty soon. Too much ISO ball and not enough 3pt shooting.

Bucks are a young up and coming team with a legitimate star.

• Premium Member
58 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Bucks are a young up and coming team with a legitimate star.

How does a team with this so called legitimate star... spending into the luxury tax finish as an 7th or 8th seed or lower not win a playoff series over a 5 year period?

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

How does a team with this so called legitimate star... spending into the luxury tax finish as an 7th or 8th seed or lower not win a playoff series over a 5 year period?

Bad coaching- Kidd

Giannis 'star' trajectory started last year, this is year 2 for him. He needs an improved jump shot and a 3 ball. Teams pack the paint against him and there are no other reliable 3 point shooters to clear the paint.

Luxury Tax - bad GM overpaying guys like Delly, Snelly, Telly and Henson. 

Bad personell in subsequent drafts selecting 'length'. That team lacks shooting and all the supporting cast plays the same way. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Bad coaching- Kidd

Giannis 'star' trajectory started last year, this is year 2 for him. He needs an improved jump shot and a 3 ball. Teams pack the paint against him and there are no other reliable 3 point shooters to clear the paint.

Bad personell in subsequent drafts selecting 'length'. That team lacks shooting and all the supporting cast plays the same way. 

Giannis gets beat to death in the paint for the very reasons you pointed out. Unlike Simmons, he can at least shoot free throws well. The Bucks are hosed whereas the 76ers have mucho cap space next year.

Paul George going to Philly would be Brons worse nightmare. Bron going to Philly would be the Celtics worse nightmare.

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Bad coaching- Kidd

When you start blaming everyone else for the so called star's failures, then maybe the so called star isn't as good as you think.  I guess that's how Toronto feels about Derozen...Can't be him!

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

When you start blaming everyone else for the so called star's failures, then maybe the so called star isn't as good as you think.  I guess that's how Toronto feels about Derozen...Can't be him!

What we've seen is that a star player alone is not enough. Unless you have complementary pieces, a good system and good coaching you won't get far. 

DeRozan shrinks when the light is brightest, that's a him problem (8 and 13 points in last 2 games).  Giannis played well in a losing effort.

• Premium Member
Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

What we've seen is that a star player alone is not enough. Unless you have complementary pieces, a good system and good coaching you won't get far. 

Who in the heck is helping Lebron???

• Premium Member
26 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Who in the heck is helping Lebron???

C'mon Peo....

1. Lebron is in a class by himself, there is LeBron and everybody else and he's doing this for 8 straight ECF appearances.

2.  LBJ needed Dwayne and Bosh the first time around to win a ring.

3. The East is sorry, LBJs competition is weak. Indy had more fight in them than the cRaptors.

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

C'mon Peo....

1. Lebron is in a class by himself, there is LeBron and everybody else and he's doing this for 8 straight ECF appearances.

2.  LBJ needed Dwayne and Bosh the first time around to win a ring.

3. The East is sorry, LBJs competition is weak. Indy had more fight in them than the cRaptors.

Now you are moving the goal post...I simply stated why a so called legitimate star can't win a playoff series and is always an 8th seed or less over a 5 year period...Not why he hasn't beaten golden state in 6

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

Now you are moving the goal post...I simply stated why a so called legitimate star can't win a playoff series and is always an 8th seed or less over a 5 year period...Not why he hasn't beaten golden state in 6

No gold post moving here, i didnt bring up Lebron.

Giannis has not been a star for 5 years though, he's been in the league 5 years. Like I said before,  last season was the 1st year he was trending to stardom. This season definitely.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23502098/mike-budenholzer-emerges-focus-milwaukee-bucks-toronto-raptors-coaching-searches

The Raptors opened talks with Budenholzer over the weekend, and those conversations were continuing Monday, league sources said. The Bucks considered Budenholzer their front-runner after the opening round of interviews and are working to re-engage him in talks that will include an ownership stake, league sources said.

Looks like Milwaukee may be offering Bud an ownership stake to get him.  It wouldn't surprise me if they also offer him the POBO position as well.  

Heh, if Coach Buttz and his agent negotiate a coach/owner situation for him that's flat out crazy.  If he deserves that, wtf do you pay Coach Popo or other guys who've actually .. ya know, won in the playoffs?

I don't begrudge him though.  Get that money, Buttz

• Like 3

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, kg01 said:

Heh, if Coach Buttz and his agent negotiate a coach/owner situation for him that's flat out crazy.  If he deserves that, wtf do you pay Coach Popo or other guys who've actually .. ya know, won in the playoffs?

I don't begrudge him though.  Get that money, Buttz

Well, we already know that Bud has a helluva of an agent...1. his POBO/Coach gig with the Hawks was for a boatload, 2. He got to high tail it from the Hawks without losing a penny...and now this. Get yours Bud!

Bucks though...:er:. Talk.about a conflict of interest... as owner will he fire himself as coach or POBO if he gets that too?

• Like 3