• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I’m concerned we TANKED too late

JTB

1 hour ago, hazer said:

I perceive the Hawks ain’t won $hit in the last 10 years.

I'll caveat that. The Hawks haven't won anything since they have been an Atlanta.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, KB21 said:

What's the point of even having a team if all you want to do is lose?

3 hours ago, hazer said:

The point of that is to be a pretender, which Hawks have been for a decade. That’s good enough for some, I guess...

It’s like being the WCW fall guy. OH you’re in the ring against Ric Flair. OH you’re on TV under the bright lights. But everybody knows why you’re there, everybody already knows who’s gonna win, and then nobody remembers your name or even if you were there last year. Even if you were there for 10 years in a row. You’re fodder. I can’t understand for the life of me the shortsightedness of some who are just happy to be in the match. Fodder, to be forgotten. It’s insulting...

• Like 2

10 hours ago, hazer said:

It’s like being the WCW fall guy. OH you’re in the ring against Ric Flair. OH you’re on TV under the bright lights. But everybody knows why you’re there, everybody already knows who’s gonna win, and then nobody remembers your name or even if you were there last year. Even if you were there for 10 years in a row. You’re fodder. I can’t understand for the life of me the shortsightedness of some who are just happy to be in the match. Fodder, to be forgotten. It’s insulting...

What's insulting is this idea that "I would rather suck than be competitive if I don't win a championship."  That's basically what this boils down to.  You think that drafting high in the lottery every year is the magic elixir that is going to bring a championship to Atlanta.  It's not.  it's going to bring a lot of suffering and misery to the Hawks.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KB21 said:

What's insulting is this idea that "I would rather suck than be competitive if I don't win a championship."  That's basically what this boils down to.  You think that drafting high in the lottery every year is the magic elixir that is going to bring a championship to Atlanta.  It's not.  it's going to bring a lot of suffering and misery to the Hawks.  

“Okay.” ~ Jimmy Conway

Edited by hazer

3 hours ago, KB21 said:

I've been suffering watching us epically fail in the playoffs. So maybe I'll suffer trying to actually get a superstar. Either way I suffer. At least this way I will not have to waste time watching the playoffs knowing we were fodder for real teams. 

You say we were competitive. If we were competitive we wouldn't have gotten swept as a number 1 seed.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, noble said:

I've been suffering watching us epically fail in the playoffs. So maybe I'll suffer trying to actually get a superstar. Either way I suffer. At least this way I will not have to waste time watching the playoffs knowing we were fodder for real teams. 

You say we were competitive. If we were competitive we wouldn't have gotten swept as a number 1 seed.

WRONG!  Not being competitive is not making the playoffs at all and being satisfied with losing just because you want to chase a superstar player to give you the perception that you have a chance.

Just now, KB21 said:

WRONG!  Not being competitive is not making the playoffs at all and being satisfied with losing just because you want to chase a superstar player to give you the perception that you have a chance.

So you were fine with just making the playoffs only to know we never had a real shot at a title and would get embarrassed every season? I'm not saying tanking will get us said superstar, I'm just saying if you are going to be a losing team, might as well get something out if it. All We got before was to say we made the playoffs then lose key role players that got us there. Eh, maybe one day we will be a real team that has a real shot at being a championship team, or at least a team fans outside of Hawks fans actually want to see.

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, noble said:

So you were fine with just making the playoffs only to know we never had a real shot at a title and would get embarrassed every season? I'm not saying tanking will get us said superstar, I'm just saying if you are going to be a losing team, might as well get something out if it. All We got before was to say we made the playoffs then lose key role players that got us there. Eh, maybe one day we will be a real team that has a real shot at being a championship team, or at least a team fans outside of Hawks fans actually want to see.

I don't mind not being a title contender cause Philly isn't a title contender but getting Swept as a #1 seed by Cleveland missing several players and struggling with New jersey in the 1st round,  or only beating Washington in the 2nd round because Wall got injured?  And having that old azz roster?  It was time for a change

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I don't mind not being a title contender cause Philly is a title contender but like said getting Sept as a #1 seed by Cleveland missing several players and struggling with New jersey in the 1st round,  or only beating Washington in the 2nd round because Wall got injured?  And having that old azz roster?  It was time for a change

That's the thing. I agree. But some would rather have just kept going with retooling with middle tier players who played solid team basketball and make the playoffs. Problem is, that doesn't work at the NBA level. Once the playoffs start, if you don't have that one game changer, you have zero chance of making it to a finals. 

9 minutes ago, noble said:

That's the thing. I agree. But some would rather have just kept going with retooling with middle tier players who played solid team basketball and make the playoffs. Problem is, that doesn't work at the NBA level. Once the playoffs start, if you don't have that one game changer, you have zero chance of making it to a finals. 

That absolutely works at the NBA level.  Good team basketball will always be better than having one great player.

48 minutes ago, KB21 said:

That absolutely works at the NBA level.  Good team basketball will always be better than having one great player.

Then how come the number 1 sead raptors are getting destroyed by lebron alone? A lot people say this is the worst team lebron had in years and i would say this raptors team is better than us in 2015. So what does that say about having one great talent vs a bunch of ok talent playing team ball? 

Also i got a good laugh when some people on twitter started calling the raptors the new hawks because lebron owns them every year lol

Edited by AtlKauzie
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, KB21 said:

Really? When was the last championship team without a superstar on it? I'll wait...

56 minutes ago, AtlKauzie said:

Then how come the number 1 sead raptors are getting destroyed by lebron alone? A lot people say this is the worst team lebron had in years and i would say this raptors team is better than us in 2015. So what does that say about having one great talent vs a bunch of ok talent playing team ball? 

Also i got a good laugh when some people on twitter started calling the raptors the new hawks because lebron owns them every year lol

I'm sure the Raptors should just bottom out and suck for 5 plus years since they are losing to the player the NBA wants in the NBA Finals.

4 minutes ago, KB21 said:

I'm sure the Raptors should just bottom out and suck for 5 plus years since they are losing to the player the NBA wants in the NBA Finals.

Not his point. You know it. No superstar, the Raptors, regardless of how well they play team ball, can't stop a superstar. It may not be what you want,  but truth is superstars are a must to win a ring.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Too late or too early? One can argue that we might have had a shot in the East this year the way the playoffs are unfolding. That assumes we keep the same team, add Collins/Dorsey, and try to add some vets at the minimum.

I think the way Dwight handled himself at the end of last season ruined what could happen this year. He was out speeding the night before an elimination game, not a good look. Gutting that team had to be done at some point, but watching the playoffs this year has me wishing we were in it for one more run.

2 hours ago, noble said:

Not his point. You know it. No superstar, the Raptors, regardless of how well they play team ball, can't stop a superstar. It may not be what you want,  but truth is superstars are a must to win a ring.

They can't?  They just beat a Wizards team with "superstar" lottery picks John Wall, Otto Porter, and Bradley Beal.  I mean, they were drafted in the top 3 picks of the lottery, so all three must be superstars, right?

21 minutes ago, KB21 said:

They can't?  They just beat a Wizards team with "superstar" lottery picks John Wall, Otto Porter, and Bradley Beal.  I mean, they were drafted in the top 3 picks of the lottery, so all three must be superstars, right?

Again, name the last team to win a championship without a superstar.  Winning a series then getting swept isn't winning anything. 

You are so resistant to superstars. I don't get it. 

9 minutes ago, noble said:

Again, name the last team to win a championship without a superstar.  Winning a series then getting swept isn't winning anything. 

You are so resistant to superstars. I don't get it. 

Define superstar first.