• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I’m concerned we TANKED too late

JTB

• Premium Member
Neither Dwight Howard or Paul Millsap would have made our team competitive. Just to speculate, I think it was pretty obvious that Dwight may have been an overall negative as it appeared he disrupted our chemistry and I’m sure his OVERALL impact on the court towards our success was neutral. Do you agree ?

Just curious, what exactly do you think Schlenk should’ve/could’ve done to make our team competitive?

Because neither guys got their respective teams over the hump when they left.

Exactly this, Millsap’s asking price was too high for what myself and many other Hawks fans I know thought and Dwight just wasn’t a fit. Definitely not a guy you want in the locker room from player development and culture perspective.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

4 hours ago, EazyRoc said:

Neither Dwight Howard or Paul Millsap would have made our team competitive. Just to speculate, I think it was pretty obvious that Dwight may have been an overall negative as it appeared he disrupted our chemistry and I’m sure his OVERALL impact on the court towards our success was neutral. Do you agree ?

Just curious, what exactly do you think Schlenk should’ve/could’ve done to make our team competitive?

Because neither guys got their respective teams over the hump when they left.

If you truly believe that, why was Dwight traded?  If he was such a bad fit chemistry wise, we possibly could've lost even more games.   We took on a bad contract in Plumlee, traded a very high 2nd round pick, and brought on a player in Belinelli that we had to trade because he was "too good".

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Hate to burst that bubble about Schlenk selecting Collins....most of the credit goes to BudCox, Asst. GM Peters, the existing scouting department and minority owner Mit Shah.....who as a Wake Forest alum asked Bud and Co. to check him out....waaaay before Schlenk was hired. And as Schlenk so aptly put it, he was scouting players for a late GSW pick so he relied on the existing hawks scouts and front office reports.

ECFs in 5 years? Don't see it.

AAAAAAAAAND she’s back!

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Hate to burst that bubble about Schlenk selecting Collins....most of the credit goes to BudCox, Asst. GM Peters, the existing scouting department and minority owner Mit Shah.....who as a Wake Forest alum asked Bud and Co. to check him out....waaaay before Schlenk was hired. And as Schlenk so aptly put it, he was scouting players for a late GSW pick so he relied on the existing hawks scouts and front office reports.

So I guess we’ll just have to see how good ole Schlenk can draft this year then, with the 3 first rounders. And I believed the 3/5 timeframe with Bud onboard, it’ll be pushing it now with what looks like a first-time head coach. Unless...Fiz.  

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

OMG...We need you more than ever here!  Welcome back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

If you truly believe that, why was Dwight traded?  If he was such a bad fit chemistry wise, we possibly could've lost even more games.   We took on a bad contract in Plumlee, traded a very high 2nd round pick, and brought on a player in Belinelli that we had to trade because he was "too good".

Because you don’t keep a bad vet around young developing talent.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

I wouldn't be shocked but I'd for dang sure be pissed.

AAAAAAAAAAND he’s back too!

Here is what everyone is missing. Even if somehow we had kept our roster mostly in tact, we didn't have a superstar. It wouldn't have mattered if the East was weak or strong, or somewhere or between. This is the NBA, you need a superstar.

I'm so tired of people saying we should have kept the core, add a piece here and there, we could have. No, we couldn't. We couldn't get a superstar here before, what in the world makes anyone think we had a real shot at a ring without one? The NBA is now set up for mega teams. You need young up and coming superstars to bring in veteran superstars. 

What we had was a feel good story like Loyola-Chicago making it to the sweet 16. Played good team ball, but never really had a chance at a ring.

You either win a ring, or you don't. I guess we could have waited until whenever and get lucky to find one in the middle to late draft, or you try to get one at the top of the draft. I want to see a ring for Atlanta. So we what if made the playoffs 50 years in a row? No ring? Still abject failure.

Edited by noble
  • Like 2

• Premium Member
11 hours ago, hazer said:

So I guess we’ll just have to see how good ole Schlenk can draft this year then, with the 3 first rounders. And I believed the 3/5 timeframe with Bud onboard, it’ll be pushing it now with what looks like a first-time head coach. Unless...Fiz.  

LOL.

Then I believed the Hawks would win 11 without Bud onboard. Way to go, chief! I was wrong. It's as simple as that. You were wrong. It's as simple as that.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, BrazilianHawk said:

LOL.

Then I believed the Hawks would win 11 without Bud onboard. Way to go, chief! I was wrong. It's as simple as that. You were wrong. It's as simple as that.

Still “to-be-determined” on Schlenk’s drafting skills and the 3/5 timeframe. We’ll have a very good indication soon, after the hiring and draft. Homeruns on both and the 3/5 is still within the realm of possibility. Whiffs on either will definitely change things.

1 hour ago, Sothron said:

Welcome back @kg01 and @JayBirdHawk !

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

But is it the saaaame cageyone?

hmmm

... also, shout out to @Spud2nique as well.  He bak too

59 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Yes, the gang is almost all back then! :afro:

44 minutes ago, BrazilianHawk said:

Welcome back all of you.

I still miss Gramps tho. We need some more voices of reason in this madhouse.

We’re getting the band back together t:rock:

• Like 4