• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Woj: "During that Draft (2013), Atlanta was really determined to get him (Giannis)"

GameTime

I dont want to use hindsight. But trading 14 and 15 to move one spot sounds like a horrible idea. Even though Giannis became what he is doing that wouldnt have been a great decision. Had he hit on Schröder and Bebe no one would be questioning it. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He had two mid 1sts. He could have gotten him at 13 or 14. This is on Ferry/Wilcox. If they got him, Ferry would still be here. 

It's ok to have the picks but finding a WILLING trade partner would also help. It's a two way street.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, GrimeyKidd said:

I dont want to use hindsight. But trading 14 and 15 to move one spot sounds like a horrible idea. Even though Giannis became what he is doing that wouldnt have been a great decision. Had he hit on Schröder and Bebe no one would be questioning it. 

True, Chicago did it and it flopped but if you hit on Giannis, you have Giannis, Horford and Teague. You would have contended in the East. 

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

It's ok to have the picks but finding a WILLING trade partner would also help. It's a two way street.

They had willing trade partners. They wasn't willing to package both of the picks. 

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

True, Chicago did it and it flopped but if you hit on Giannis, you have Giannis, Horford and Teague. You would have contended in the East. 

They had willing trade partners. They wasn't willing to package both of the picks. 

Did you listen/read the article....OKC had a deal with Toronto that if Stephen Adams was gone they'd trade them #12 and Toronto would take Giannis.  

Hawks had picks #17 and #18.  

What's your proof of the willing trade partners that the Hawks turned down?

3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Did you listen/read the article....OKC had a deal with Toronto that if Stephen Adams was gone they'd trade them #12 and Toronto would take Giannis.  

Hawks had picks #17 and #18.  

What's your proof of the willing trade partners that the Hawks turned down?

I've heard through the grapevine that Minny was willing to do a trade but Atlanta wasnt willing to do the trade.

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I've heard through the grapevine that Minny was willing to do a trade but Atlanta wasnt willing to do the trade.

I think your grapevine is shrivelled up, you were so wrong on Bud.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I think your grapevine is shrivelled up, you were so wrong on Bud.

And Jay is officially back in the building.  Missed you girl.  Where dat fool Spud at?

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 3