• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Anyone have cold feet about Doncic?

JTB

• Admin
1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

Vlade won’t pass on Luka...it’s like Lavar passing on Lonzo if he had the chance to draft him...(actually I don’t know Lavar is pretty shady lol).

Vlade will be to Doncic what Lavar is to Lonzo.

ps Random thought but Doncic’s mom is hot and the girls that are his fans...hotter! Yikes it’s like he got the got soccer World Cup women to all be his fans.

Ahhhhh to be Luka for a day in Europe! Or MPJ in the greater Washington state area.. they r loving life!

It will be interesting as they really need a PF and a SG (Hield has not really panned out yet and I don't know if Giles will ever be healthy) ... it would be hard to pass up on a sg with Doncic's skill set

1 minute ago, capstone21 said:

It will be interesting as they really need a PF and a SG (Hield has not really panned out yet and I don't know if Giles will ever be healthy) ... it would be hard to pass up on a sg with Doncic's skill set

Ya that would turn some head if Vlade passed on him for Porter or Bagley. 

Pick Luka or Bagley and focus on pick 19.

2 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

You mean 14 ;)

Haha yes sir...I honestly don’t mind taking on Faried for that pick...just want to move up. I’d love the Grizz pick too..I’d take Parsons no problem, we won’t need our cap (not you but space) for a minute. Meanwhile we get to organically grow our own guys!

• Like 1

• Admin
7 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Haha yes sir...I honestly don’t mind taking on Faried for that pick...just want to move up. I’d love the Grizz pick too..I’d take Parsons no problem, we won’t need our cap (not you but space) for a minute. Meanwhile we get to organically grow our own guys!

Yes, I want that 14th pick (as I don't think we give anything up to get it)!  I would love to get a chance at Smith or Walker although I guess we start thinking Knox or Williams if we take Doncic.

Would love the 4th pick but am afraid of what we would have to give back... if its just taking Parsons and giving up something like 30 then I would be all over it but am hesitant if it means giving up too much to move up 

Just now, Dragitoff said:

I know it's crazy talk, but how amazing would it be to snag Memphis' pick and somehow bundle some of our other picks and get three picks in the top 10?  

That would be a first in the league. No team has ever had 3 in the top 10. The suns got #4 and #8 (via sac) Buddy Hield and Chriss. 3 seems impossible.

• Admin
1 minute ago, Dragitoff said:

I know it's crazy talk, but how amazing would it be to snag Memphis' pick and somehow bundle some of our other picks and get three picks in the top 10?  

I can't see 19/30/34 getting u into the top 10 and also I have a feeling it would be one or more of them to be included to get 4

4 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

I can't see 19/30/34 getting u into the top 10 and also I have a feeling it would be one or more of them to be included to get 4

I definitely agree.  I was figuring you'd have to use the #14/#19 to maybe sneak into the top 10.  Again, I know it was crazy talk.  Just made me drool thinking about it though.  lol

• Admin
Just now, Dragitoff said:

I definitely agree.  I was figuring you'd have to use the #14/#19 to maybe sneak into the top 10.  Again, I know it was crazy talk.  Just made me drool thinking about it though.  lol

Yeah but I also don't think we can absorb both Faried AND Parson's contracts so it will prob be one or the other

Just now, capstone21 said:

Yeah but I also don't think we can absorb both Faried AND Parson's contracts so it will prob be one or the other

If we move Dennis and take back less salary than he's currently making, we could.  It would seriously take some cap gymnastics which again, makes it nothing more than a pipedream.  Or a wet dream?  Either way, I know it's not happening.  Just fun to think about the possibilities.  

• Admin
1 minute ago, Dragitoff said:

If we move Dennis and take back less salary than he's currently making, we could.  It would seriously take some cap gymnastics which again, makes it nothing more than a pipedream.  Or a wet dream?  Either way, I know it's not happening.  Just fun to think about the possibilities.  

true true

1 hour ago, JTB said:

Starting to hear rumors that we are again interested in Doncic...now of course we have to take every rumor we hear with a grain of salt until Thursday night but just let me say this..I’m high on Doncic (a 6 foot 8 passing SG/SF with a good looking jumpshot is intriguing)....but I’m scared to select him !

not nearly as afraid as I am of the hawks selecting JJJ but as we get closer  Doncic while I do like him I’m afraid of actually getting him unless we can someone pick in the top 10 twice .

thoughts?

Why you hate JJJ so much? He's not my favorite prospect but yall act like he's an automatic bust.. lol

1 hour ago, Dragitoff said:

I go back and forth on every one of these prospects.  He's definitely got the skills to be a quality player.  I think he could develop into a Joe Johnson type on offense, which is a great thing to have as long as we build properly around him.  He can't be the only thing we've got and expect to be good again.  

Nice!

1 hour ago, KB21 said:

IMO, we have never seen a player like Doncic.  If Ben Simmons could shoot, that may your best comparison.  

That was my thought while watching Doncic highlights. Nice handles and vision as a hige PG, just like Simmons, but with a much better shot and more savvy.