• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Anyone have cold feet about Doncic?

JTB

14 minutes ago, terrell said:

Why you hate JJJ so much? He's not my favorite prospect but yall act like he's an automatic bust.. lol

Lol honestly I do like him but I don’t want a safe pick which he is 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ggp said:

To be honest, the clips I have seen of Doncic do not look impressive to me.  

I think his ball handling is a bit clumsy.  His shot outside of the arc is not great.  I also think he is flat out slow.  My hope is that he can turn fat into muscle and develop some quickness.    

Of course, he is very young and can develop into a sharp shooter from the arc, but right now, I just don't see what everyone else is excited about.  

I wonder what they’ve seen that I haven’t and where it’s located at. I’m seeing the same things you are.

1 minute ago, falconfan13 said:

Im 1000% behind taking him at 3 if he is there i love him as a prospect. 

My ideal draft is to get Luka Doncic at 3 and Elie Okobo at 19.  That's the Hawks back court of the future.  They would fit perfectly together.  Okobo is going to be more of a work in progress than Doncic, who will make an immediate impact in the NBA.  But by year three, those two should be running full speed.

• Like 1

Just now, KB21 said:

My ideal draft is to get Luka Doncic at 3 and Elie Okobo at 19.  That's the Hawks back court of the future.  They would fit perfectly together.  Okobo is going to be more of a work in progress than Doncic, who will make an immediate impact in the NBA.  But by year three, those two should be running full speed.

No complaints from me on either of those 2 im big fans of both of them.   Dangit KB it took us till a few days before the draft but we found common ground we can both support and strive for :D   Cheers to you and may we get what we wish for and both can be happy with with those 2. 

13 minutes ago, EazyRoc said:

I wonder what they’ve seen that I haven’t and where it’s located at. I’m seeing the same things you are.

His Eurobasket highlight on youtube has him isolating Porzingis an all star level nba player and Luka making a basket over him and Luka driving right past KP.

14 minutes ago, KB21 said:

My Ideal draft as well I also wouldn't mind Robert Williams if we end up moving up like the smoke suggests.

1 minute ago, davis171 said:

His Eurobasket highlight on youtube has him isolating Porzingis an all star level nba player and Luka making a basket over him and Luka driving right past KP.

I’ve seen that. If he can’t beat KP off the dribble in that situation, he doesn’t belong in the NBA at all. KP is a 7’2” big who is not an All Star because of his defense. He’s not drawing match-ups like that in the NBA.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EazyRoc said:

I’ve seen that. If he can’t beat KP off the dribble in that situation, he doesn’t belong in the NBA at all. KP is a 7’2” big who is not an All Star because of his defense. He’s not drawing match-ups like that in the NBA.

at 6'8" 230 he can bully smaller guys (actually backed down KP) and is clearly quick enough to beat bigs off the dribble. http://www.nba.com/allstar/2018/roster#/ You are just Ignorant he averaged 2.5 bpg but Luka finished because he is 6'8" and knows how to use his body.

3 minutes ago, davis171 said:

at 6'8" 230 he can bully smaller guys (actually backed down KP) and is clearly quick enough to beat bigs off the dribble. http://www.nba.com/allstar/2018/roster#/ You are just Ignorant he averaged 2.5 bpg but Luka finished because he is 6'8" and knows how to use his body.

Name calling isn’t nice bud. KP is not a good perimeter defender at all, therefore is expected that a wing player SHOULD beat him regularly. He does have nice size and knows how to use his body, but him beating KP off the dribble doesn’t do anything at all to eliminate concerns about his ability to beat people off the dribble. I’ll tell you what...How about you show me some tape of him beating some other people off the dribble ?

4 minutes ago, EazyRoc said:

Name calling isn’t nice bud. KP is not a good perimeter defender at all, therefore is expected that a wing player SHOULD beat him regularly. He does have nice size and knows how to use his body, but him beating KP off the dribble doesn’t do anything at all to eliminate concerns about his ability to beat people off the dribble. I’ll tell you what...How about you show me some tape of him beating some other people off the dribble ?

You said he wasn't an NBA all-star you were wrong. Luka's game is being able to set up others, rebound at a high level, and attack mismatches he is quick enough imo to be an All star in this league with his high bball IQ. Nothing I show you will change your mind so I'm not gunna go back and watch more tape to show you specifics.

22 minutes ago, davis171 said:

You said he wasn't an NBA all-star you were wrong. Luka's game is being able to set up others, rebound at a high level, and attack mismatches he is quick enough imo to be an All star in this league with his high bball IQ. Nothing I show you will change your mind so I'm not gunna go back and watch more tape to show you specifics.

What I said was KP is not an All Star because of his defense. Meaning he’s an All star because of his offensive game. The tape Im asking for isn’t there or I haven’t seen it. At his absolute best (his ceiling), he may make a few All Star appearances. That’s something I’ve said many times. He’s no star in the NBA though. You are right though. Nothing you say will change my mind. What will change my mind is actual game tape of him beating dudes off the dribble (KP and Adrian Payne don’t count)...Do you know where I can find it ? Please link it.

• Moderators

When imagining possibly interested (if a tad bit hamstrung) trade partners, just leaving this here.

Quiz: The largest population of Slovenians in the world not currently living in Slovenia is in the _________ metropolitan area of the United States.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slovene_Americans

~lw3

1 hour ago, KB21 said:

Mouth watering!

Sweet jesus what was the trash he was playing with every pass he made to a wide open player was missed almost everytime.  That man could hav2 easily had probably 2 to 3 more assists a game playing with an even adequate shooting team.   Hopefully this wasn't the norm for him and just was that bad only on his video from his teammates.

3 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I would jump for joy if the Kings goofed and took Bagley leaving us Doncic at #3. I would then take on Parsons from Memphis to get their #4 pick and get either JJJ or Bamba.

Sorry Soth.  I'm out of likes.  

• Like 1