• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Anyone have cold feet about Doncic?

JTB

2018 NBA Draft Rumors: Hawks Targeting Luka Doncic with No. 3 Overall Pick

SCOTT POLACEK
JUNE 19, 2018

The Atlanta Hawks are reportedly homing in on Slovenian prospect Luka Doncic leading up to Thursday's NBA draft.

According to Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN, "Doncic has moved to the forefront of Atlanta's internal conversation on the third overall pick." Wojnarowski noted the Hawks are also considering Duke's Marvin Bagley III and Michigan State's Jaren Jackson Jr. if they are available with the third pick.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, DrReality said:

2018 NBA Draft Rumors: Hawks Targeting Luka Doncic with No. 3 Overall Pick

SCOTT POLACEK
JUNE 19, 2018

The Atlanta Hawks are reportedly homing in on Slovenian prospect Luka Doncic leading up to Thursday's NBA draft.

According to Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN, "Doncic has moved to the forefront of Atlanta's internal conversation on the third overall pick." Wojnarowski noted the Hawks are also considering Duke's Marvin Bagley III and Michigan State's Jaren Jackson Jr. if they are available with the third pick.

I’m ok with this despite how some took my thread about having cold feet on drafting Doncic...AGAIN I like Doncic! Between him and Young they are easily the best playmakers in this draft and it isn’t close but I just don’t believe Doncic is going to ever be a number 1 scoring option and but more so a number 2 scoring option when it comes to points. And I’m not saying that’s bad but cause it’s not he’s got other weapons offensively that will make him a great player however at the end of the day and I will keep preaching this until Atlanta gets one and that’s we need a bonafide scoring weapon!

Doncic can make great passes all day if his teammates don’t finish it’s a wasted benefit.

Doncic will reach his full potential if he’s paired by a number one scorer kinda like how simmons is paired by Embiid...that is my belief and once that happens Doncic then has clear full potential to be to an mvp caliber player but he needs a pure scorer and good role players who can shoot around him .

so it’s not that I don’t like Doncic I just want the hawks to get a scoring weapon for once! I guy like porter jr or Trae Young or Ayton....but we can go this route as well and lockdown the gifted playmaker that makes his teammates better but still need the #1 scoring option if we want to talk about championships.

If ESPN report is true, and we assume it is, there is a lot if "If's" to consider:

If Ayton and Bagley go 1-2, them Luka Doncic would be available at #3, the Hawk's turn.

If this happens, as expected right now, will Atlanta stay at #3?  Or, will they move further in the draft so that someone else gets #3 and Hawks gain more assets because we move?

If the Hawks move, will they live to regret it?  Apparently Dennis is going, going, gone.  Once upon a time we had the opportunity to draft what turned out to be an all star PG.  We were in great need of a PG.  We passed on him and still live with the results.  Could we repeat this mistake by not taking Doncic?

If the Hawks move off of #3, what / who will we then have?  What will we trade off?

If we draft Doncic and Dennis leaves, we assume we have a new #2 guard and will need a PG, will we not?  Then, if this is true, who will we get to be our starting PG?  Is he already on our roster now?

Exciting time.  All of these questions.

GO ATL HAWKS !!

• Like 1

Doncic is Larry Bird II,

Winner!  I think he's the no brainer choice.  Makes everyone better and takes a couple of years out of the rebuild process.  He actually fit the team well, he and John Collins running the pick and roll, that is something I want to see.

Hawk88

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Hawk88 said:

Doncic is Larry Bird II,

Winner!  I think he's the no brainer choice.  Makes everyone better and takes a couple of years out of the rebuild process.  He actually fit the team well, he and John Collins running the pick and roll, that is something I want to see.

Hawk88

Thank you for saying what I was thinking. If I mentioned Bird I thought people might boo me. ? I agree though..instincts/intangibles 

• Like 1

Just now, Spud2nique said:

Thank you for saying what I was thinking. If I mentioned Bird I thought people might boo me. ? I agree though..instincts/intangibles 

Grow some gonads, spud2.  Don't be scared-a these foos.

If #TheDon (yeah, that's what he'll be called if he lands here) is Bird, then who's his Magic?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

If #TheDon (yeah, that's what he'll be called if he lands here) is Bird, then who's his Magic?

Lol the Don was donned by me.. @hazer added ciccio ? 

4 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Certainly won’t call him Eva Turner ? 

• Like 3

Dang, I been sitting on that one but I'll happily give you and @hazer credit when I use it.

4 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Doncic vs Simmons

Nah, Simmons been in the league like 8 years.  Gotta be a fellow rookie.

Da Spud was AWOL from the site back when I was calling him Donciccio for the last 9 months. The Miserable One once quipped he couldn’t debate with someone who “couldn’t even spell his name right.” He didn’t see what I did there :pleasantry:

2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Dang, I been sitting on that one but I'll happily give you and @hazer credit when I use it.

Nah, Simmons been in the league like 8 years.  Gotta be a fellow rookie.

Oh, you haven't heard.  They are going to still consider Ben Simmons a rookie next year.

Just now, hazer said:

Da Spud was AWOL from the site back when I was calling him Donciccio for the last 9 months. The Miserable One once quipped he couldn’t debate with someone who “couldn’t even spell his name right.” He didn’t see what I did there :pleasantry:

Oh so I try to give you credit and you kickin me off the island cuz they sent me to another island ? for a year...

This is totally NOT cool hazer...

? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Oh so I try to give you credit and you kickin me off the island cuz they sent me to another island ? for a year...

This is totally NOT cool hazer...

? 

You the Don man though. You the Don man. When we call him “The Don”, that all you :dolfan23:

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, hazer said:

Heh, I bet those were fun times.

Sarcastic  stop

9 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Oh, you haven't heard.  They are going to still consider Ben Simmons a rookie next year.

Wait For It

9 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

You can use Wendy Carter if that helps!!!

Stinkface

#DraftWeek gif game engaged, b*tches.

• Like 4