• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

WELCOME HOME TRAE!!!

JTB

• Moderators

On tanking or not next year, I think this summer will send strong signals on our intention.  The decision maker on whether to tank will be Schlenk.  Pierce has been there for prior tabk decisions and lived that so he won’t buck it.  

Peoriabird is right that the incentives are reduced next year but the basic framework is still there - better odds and a maximum fall based on your record (Ie Memphis could have been lower than 4 in a true lottery but had a possible outcome range of 1-4 by finishing with the worst record).

My prediction from day 1 of Schlenk’s tear down was a minimum tank of two years.  The idea behind this is that getting one good lottery pick is rarely enough.  You need to get more of a base of young talent in order to scale up and contend.  

I could certainly be wrong.  But pre-free agency my prediction is the team will explore opportunities to move Dennis and Baze, will sign very little free agent talent (a short term underrated player like Dedmon is very possible but unlikely to see anything like a 4 year, 60M deal), and Pierce will come into the season with a mandate to develop our young talent over winning games.  We’ll hear talk about competing but we really won’t.

Next offseason would then be the earliest time we go for real free agents, longterm commitments and legit trying to make the playoffs.

No inside info here and no certainty on this - just my best guess.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, AHF said:

On tanking or not next year, I think this summer will send strong signals on our intention.  The decision maker on whether to tank will be Schlenk.  Pierce has been there for prior tabk decisions and lived that so he won’t buck it.  

Peoriabird is right that the incentives are reduced next year but the basic framework is still there - better odds and a maximum fall based on your record (Ie Memphis could have been lower than 4 in a true lottery but had a possible outcome range of 1-4 by finishing with the worst record).

My prediction from day 1 of Schlenk’s tear down was a minimum tank of two years.  The idea behind this is that getting one good lottery pick is rarely enough.  You need to get more of a base of young talent in order to scale up and contend.  

I could certainly be wrong.  But pre-free agency my prediction is the team will explore opportunities to move Dennis and Baze, will sign very little free agent talent (a short term underrated player like Dedmon is very possible but unlikely to see anything like a 4 year, 60M deal), and Pierce will come into the season with a mandate to develop our young talent over winning games.  We’ll hear talk about competing but we really won’t.

Next offseason would then be the earliest time we go for real free agents, longterm commitments and legit trying to make the playoffs.

No inside info here and no certainty on this - just my best guess.

This my friends is a real Atlanta Sport fan.  These conspiracy theories have to only exist in Atlanta.  I've live in 10 other cities and have never seen or heard so many made up stories in any of them.  LOL!  If it help you sleep at night Keep um coming!  LOL!

• Like 1

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

This my friends is a real Atlanta Sport fan.  These conspiracy theories have to only exist in Atlanta.  I've live in 10 other cities and have never seen or heard so many made up stories in any of them.  LOL!  If it help you sleep at night Keep um coming!  LOL!

That is how the Cubs, Astros, Sixers, and many others have plotted a course to built their teams.  They made a decision upfront to lose for multiple seasons and collect talent.  Hell, we just saw the Braves do this.  It isn’t unique to basketball or the city of Atlanta.

• Premium Member
Just now, AHF said:

That is how the Cubs, Astros, Sixers, and many others have plotted a course to built their teams.  They made a decision upfront to lose for multiple seasons and collect talent.  Hell, we just saw the Braves do this.  It isn’t unique to basketball or the city of Atlanta.

The Braves made a couple of key trades namely the Shelby Miller trade for a lot of prospects and vets like Inciarte but they did keep some player around for a while like Markakus and Freeman and sadly Teran.  The Sixers screwed up most of their picks and got lucky with a 2

• Like 1

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

The Braves made a couple of key trades namely the Shelby Miller trade for a lot of prospects and vets like Inciarte but they did keep some player around for a while like Markakus and Freeman and sadly Teran.  The Sixers screwed up most of their picks and got lucky with a 2

None of those teams tried to compete in year 2 of their rebuild.  They kept a few vets around and fully intended to lose.  Except Philly who cut basically all their vets.  But all those teams had multiyear tank plans from the start.  

• Premium Member
19 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

It's not a conspiracy theory or made when Schlenk said was ok taking a step or 2 back from the playoffs to build the team, that's why he let Millsap walk and traded Dwight for the corpse of Miles Plumlee. Both Dennis and Bazemore have been in trade rumors at the trade deadline and most recently at the deaft - that's not made up.

We are all speculating but based on these actions one would conclude that they'd both be available for trade during FA if the RIGHT deal comes along. No guarantees just possibilties based on past actions.

• Premium Member
Just now, AHF said:

None of those teams tried to compete in year 2 of their rebuild.  They kept a few vets around and fully intended to lose.  Except Philly who cut basically all their vets.  But all those teams had multiyear tank plans from the start.  

Atlanta was running out a bunch of vet pitchers...They really didn't build thru the draft.  Most of the position players were traded for or signed as vets.

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

It's not a conspiracy theory or made when Schlenk said was ok taking a step or 2 back from the playoffs to build the team, that's why he let Millsap walk and traded Dwight for the corpse of Miles Plumlee. Both Dennis and Bazemore have been in trade rumors at the trade deadline and most recently at the deaft - that's not made up.

We are all speculating but based on these actions one would conclude that they'd both be available for trade during FA if the RIGHT deal comes along. No guarantees just possibilties based on past actions.

Doesn't mean that he was mandating that the coach loose on purpose... That's where the conspiracy comes in to play

• Premium Member
Just now, Peoriabird said:

Doesn't mean that he was mandating that the coach loose on purpose... That's where the conspiracy comes in to play

I've always said that coaches and players don't tank. The players play and the coach coaches the players he is given by the GM.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I've always said that coaches and players don't tank. The players play and the coach coaches the players he is given by the GM.

Yeah but AHF has stated on numerous occasion and even in the post that I responded to that Schlenk is pulling the strings and that the coach is just a puppet especially our current coach and insinuated that is why he was chosen as coach because he would follow his marching orders

I’m past all the tank talk. I believe we are going to make one free agent splash and sign nerlens Noel and schlenk is going to toss a ton of young talent on the court and tell the coaches to coach them up and win as many games as they can .

now to some fans that may sound like “purposeful tanking” but I believe that was done last season when we got rid of all our vets in my opinion. Schlenk was after a foundational player and he got his guy Trae Young who I had believed he was after the whole time while also believing Dennis days in Atlanta was numbered.

but now that schlenk got his guy I don’t believe tanking is on purpose like it felt like it was this past season. I believe schlenk knows this team isn’t talented enough to actually win very much but they can be exciting and he will accept whatever pick this team ends up with next season. But he’s not going to tell a new first time head coach and a bunch of 19 & 20 year olds to tank ....he’s going to say “do your best” and if you somehow end up being good great if not we will continue to add to this young talent.

case close...when you are rebuilding you only have to purposely tank one season...MOST young teams don’t know how to win and for now that’s ok as long as they’re developing in key areas 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, hazer said:

Malcomtent Delamey ??

Malcom DeHater...

Wasnt sure why we signed him initially. He reminds me of guys I play with at the Y. I mean, don’t get me wrong we have a great time at the Y...but I don’t want that talent on the Hawks. 

Skeet skeet as the kids say...

kick rocks...kick this boulder b..

too much? 

Feels like a Don Rickles day...

• Like 2

• Premium Member
Malcom DeHater...

Wasnt sure why we signed him initially. He reminds me of guys I play with at the Y. I mean, don’t get me wrong we have a great time at the Y...but I don’t want that talent on the Hawks. 

too much? 

It won't bother me if he goes elsewhere, more court time for Trae and Isaiah.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

37 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Malcom DeHater...

too much? 

It was one of MAJOR frustrations with Pudenholzer.

Just now, hazer said:

my*

3 minutes ago, turnermx said:

It won't bother me if he goes elsewhere, more court time for Trae and Isaiah.

Oh for sure.

Just now, hazer said:

You miss your drinking buddy huh?..

? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Oh for sure.

You miss your drinking buddy huh?..

? 

That chicken shit quitter is dead to me. Anybody else hear Rath say “after many years we finally got a coach with a personality”? ?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, hazer said:

That chicken shit quitter is dead to me. Anybody else hear Rath say “after many years we finally got a coach with a personality”? ?

? ya :Bob: needs a lot of personality around him. Generally the case with pimps because as I’m sure you’re well aware of, pimpin ain’t easy.

• Premium Member

[emoji38] ya :Bob: needs a lot of personality around him. Generally the case with pimps because as I’m sure you’re well aware of, pimpin ain’t easy.

Lol I love it!

What happened to my likes?

• Like 1