• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

One last prediction.....

JTB

I know I’m not the only one who predicted Trae Young to get drafted and be the guy Schlenk was after all along as I recall @hazerand a few others thinking the same way we did about Trae likely ending up in Atlanta....but with that said I have one last prediction! I just have a very very good feeling that we are going to sign Nerlens Noel this summer to a somewhat long term deal at 3 years at a reasonable price .

just like we linked schlenk to young because of similarities to curry...I’m linking Noel to Pierce and schlenk saying ok why not! He can potentially be our defensive enforcer!

I believe Trae was the target all along in the draft and schlenk never looked back and I believe Noel is the summer free agent target especially when pierce arrived. Noel and Dedmon will split minutes at center is my prediction.

One other reason I believe Noel is Schlenks number one target is because of schlenks comment about his preference to draft “smaller” aka perimeter guys :

I don’t believe we are going to see schlenk use a 1st rd pick on a big as long as he is in Atlanta but if he signs Noel like I’m expecting he may not ever have to.

~Go ATL Hawks

Quiz: What’s better than 3?.....TRAE!!!

I’ts definitely a possibility since Pierce has the familiarity with Noel from Philly, and his tenacious D would make up for the rest of the team’s lack thereof, as an anchor. But I get the feeling that Schlenk is more interested in a less traditional 2-forward positionless frontcourt of bigs who can shoot. Like a Jokić. I think J-Bap can develop his shot too. Noel is interesting though, but his BPM nimbers leave something to be desired.

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, JTB said:

I don’t believe we are going to see schlenk use a 1st rd pick on a big as long as he is in Atlanta but if he signs Noel like I’m expecting he may not ever have to.

That would be extremely hard to do with so many wings already on the team and so many draft picks...Plus he has already spent 2 draft picks on bigs in 2 years

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

That would be extremely hard to do with so many wings already on the team and so many draft picks...Plus he has already spent 2 draft picks on bigs in 2 years

I think he meant to say a 'Defensive Center' 

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I think he meant to say a 'Defensive Center' 

Defensive only?..I agree unless its late 1st round..  There is a limited role in the NBA for centers with limited offensive skill and it would be a waste of resources to focus on such players

• Moderators
On 6/23/2018 at 11:50 PM, JTB said:

I know I’m not the only one who predicted Trae Young to get drafted and be the guy Schlenk was after all along as I recall @hazerand a few others thinking the same way we did about Trae likely ending up in Atlanta....but with that said I have one last prediction! I just have a very very good feeling that we are going to sign Nerlens Noel this summer to a somewhat long term deal at 3 years at a reasonable price .

just like we linked schlenk to young because of similarities to curry...I’m linking Noel to Pierce and schlenk saying ok why not! He can potentially be our defensive enforcer!

I believe Trae was the target all along in the draft and schlenk never looked back and I believe Noel is the summer free agent target especially when pierce arrived. Noel and Dedmon will split minutes at center is my prediction.

One other reason I believe Noel is Schlenks number one target is because of schlenks comment about his preference to draft “smaller” aka perimeter guys :

~Go ATL Hawks

Quiz: What’s better than 3?.....TRAE!!!

Schlenk just used a 1st on one this draft in Spellman.  He used a first on a big last year too in Collins.  It has also been reported that he wanted to use the 3rd pick on JJJ.