• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

SO....MANY....DOUBTERS

JTB

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

I was also a Luka guy. I just prefer that taller stronger player that be a point forward type, like Simmons, LeBron, etc. that is great chess piece, and provides favorable match ups. Look at the draft picture of Luka and Trae standing side by side at the draft, Luka is just towering over Trae, his frame looks more filled out than Trae too, who looks waifish quite frankly. I just hope this pick was not made for marketing reasons, and was strictly a basketball decision. Like others have said, Trae's deep shooting can be special, and maybe that was the selling point. 

Wow...Where do I start...Look at Kyrie irving,Chris Paul or Steph standing next to Marvin Williams...LOL!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Wow...Where do I start...Look at Kyrie irving,Chris Paul or Steph standing next to Marvin Williams...LOL!

Marvin is not a ball handler. It is very rare for find a guy Luka's size that is an elite ball handler, passer that serve as your de facto point guard and also slide to the 2 or the 3 when called upon.

• Premium Member
Just now, bleachkit said:

Marvin is not a ball handler. It is very rare for find a guy Luka's size that is an elite ball handler, passer that serve as your de facto point guard and also slide to the 2 or the 3 when called upon.

4.6 assist per game isn't elite

• Like 2

• Premium Member

I'm highly disappointed in the Doncic deal and I think its Pau Gssol 2.0 and this will be another stain on this failed franchise.  

That being said i think Trae will be a solid scoring point guard and I will be pulling for him.  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

What else can you go off of to draw conclusions about how elite someone is?

Both guys are great passers, I just think Luka's size makes him more versatile, and less of a defensive liability. Trae is the better shooter, no question. Luka is more of a Joe Johnson type scorer, with a mixture of shooting, runners, floaters, etc.

• Premium Member
Just now, bleachkit said:

Both guys are great passers, I just think Luka's size makes him more versatile, and less of a defensive liability. Trae is the better shooter, no question. Luka is more of a Joe Johnson type scorer, with a mixture of shooting, runners, floaters, etc.

You sure Luka is less of a liability on Defense?

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Plus Luka's shooting percentages are not impressive regardless of how he scores

Just now, Peoriabird said:

You sure Luka is less of a liability on Defense?

They likely are both liabilities, but it is really hard to hide small guys who have trouble defending. Hopefully his terrible defense at Oklahoma was party because they didn't want him to get in foul trouble or waste energy.

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

They likely are both liabilities, but it is really hard to hide small guys who have trouble defending. Hopefully his terrible defense at Oklahoma was party because they didn't want him to get in foul trouble or waste energy.

At least Trae can get bigger and stronger while putting forth more effort.  Luke is already big just too slow to guard which therefore limits his potential to improve

I was on board with Luka/Bamba, after a few days I'm still disappointed.  I feel Schlenk could have gotten more in the trade. On top of the fact that Schlenk is getting the worse of every deal, makes me question him being in charge going forward.  Not to mention the rumors that Ressler might be interfering in some of these decisions doesn't make me feel good with ownership as well. 

I'm also not big on being a copy cat team.  For example in the past Pistons, Spurs and now Warriors.  Create your own identity and figure out how to beat them, not copy them player for player.

With all that being said, I've been a Hawks fan since 82 and will always be a fan.  I will cheer for all of our guys, some I might like more than others but I'll want them to always win.  

Go Hawks and I'll keep my fingers crossed that this turns out with a NBA championship.

• Like 2

I'm a Hawks fan first. So I'm riding with Trae until I see it isn't working. 

Fans wanted Doncic because of what he did in the Euro League. Well Trae did something no once has ever did in the college league... Lead the league in points and assists. That has to make you feel good as a Hawks fan. 

• Like 1

Trae was born to be a leader/winner. I’ve been a Hawks fan for over 33 years now and I’ll say this with confidence.

This is the best draft pick in the history of our organization (that I’ve been a part of.. 1985..) 

Trae Young is a Zeke/Nash replica. This kid will win everybody over.

Ps Don’t get it twisted I still think Luka will be special as well. 

Pps We could have gotten another asset..maybe not another first but something more. Like Donnie’s car ? 

4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

This debate will rage on for years, but let's get it started right off the bat.

First game of the season:

Hawks vs Mavs...Trae vs Luka.

GO HAWKS!!!

Ohhhhhhhh boy you got me excited! How long is the wait? Can we just get the season started. I’m pumped!

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Ohhhhhhhh boy you got me excited! How long is the wait? Can we just get the season started. I’m pumped!

Slow down brosef....FAcy, Summer league, traning camp, preseason....so much to look forward to before the matchup of the century. :hmm:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Slow down brosef....FAcy, Summer league, traning camp, preseason....so much to look forward to before the matchup of the century. :hmm:

? unfortunately I know this ..33 years and counting...

AND...

WE GOT THE BABY BRAVES!!!!!

if we get bored!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

GO HAWKS!!!! Oh, let’s take a second gander at the free agent list here..

• Like 1