• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

My Boy Jeff Siegel at it again

Peoriabird

• Premium Member

Atlanta figures to be a bit more competitive than last season’s 24-58 finish, though the Hawks may have incentive to be the first team that goes all-in on lottery positioning in a season when most other teams are at least hoping to improve.

Another year near the bottom of the standings (and the top of the lottery) would be just fine for the Hawks and general manager Travis Schlenk, who have openly steered into a rebuild over the past year and change since Schlenk was brought in to replace Mike Budenholzer as the organization’s top decision maker.

https://www.peachtreehoops.com/2018/8/4/17650168/atlanta-hawks-projection-2018-19-season-espn-model-rpm-nba-standings

This Dude continues to speculate about the Hawks without any evidence to support such a stance.  The question he cannot answer is why improve the roster if you want to lose more games?  This guy just talks out of his azz and is poisoning the product in Atlanta.

29 minutes ago, nathan2331 said:

Whether you like it or not, we are playing for a draft pick this season. The better the pick, the better the chance that we draft a difference maker.

......and the longer it takes to dig out of this hole Travis dug.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, DBac said:

He didn't say anything wrong there

If the team was tanking they would have resigned all of the G-league players from last year's team and traded away Dedmon, Baze and other useful players that may help the team win games. Why sign a vet player like Vince Carter?   Plus the lottery odds don't favor tanking!  Why is this so difficult for some to under stand?

2 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Atlanta figures to be a bit more competitive than last season’s 24-58 finish, though the Hawks may have incentive to be the first team that goes all-in on lottery positioning in a season when most other teams are at least hoping to improve.

Another year near the bottom of the standings (and the top of the lottery) would be just fine for the Hawks and general manager Travis Schlenk, who have openly steered into a rebuild over the past year and change since Schlenk was brought in to replace Mike Budenholzer as the organization’s top decision maker.

https://www.peachtreehoops.com/2018/8/4/17650168/atlanta-hawks-projection-2018-19-season-espn-model-rpm-nba-standings

This Dude continues to speculate about the Hawks without any evidence to support such a stance.  The question he cannot answer is why improve the roster if you want to lose more games?  This guy just talks out of his azz and is poisoning the product in Atlanta.

The only major thing I see wrong is he said if Trae outplays Lin to keep the starting position we win less games. If he outplays Lin, that should be more wins vs Lin starting. I am just a logical person though, I leave the touchy feely intuitive stuff to others,

I think with Baze we could win 30 games easily but I don't think we have him all year. With that being said, our young shooting guards will have to grow up fast. If Trae, Lin, Prince, and Collins get off to fast starts we are going to turn some of these pundits heads around like a cork screw. I can see us beating quite a few teams in the East they think we are ranked below,

• Premium Member
44 minutes ago, KB21 said:

The lack of understanding on what it takes to win in the NBA is astonishing here.  

Its not the number of wins in question here but rather the assertion that the team is trying to lose.

15 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Its not the number of wins in question here but rather the assertion that the team is trying to lose.

It's because they are trying to lose.  Travis has structured the team to ensure that it loses.  He did not add anyone that can help them win now this off season.

2 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

If the team was tanking they would have resigned all of the G-league players from last year's team and traded away Dedmon, Baze and other useful players that may help the team win games. Why sign a vet player like Vince Carter?   Plus the lottery odds don't favor tanking!  Why is this so difficult for some to under stand?

Again with this "Conspiracy theory" stuff.

16 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Those that want the playoffs today are very disgruntled and will remain so for at least another season and possibly two.

What amazes me is those think they actually "know" what it takes to win in the NBA; yet have never worked that hard in all their life at any athletic endeavor. They just "know" because they know as they sit at their desk replying to this thread with their bag of chips and dip nearby to fill up their growing pot bellies; much like the pundit who wrote this article.

• Like 1

To give you an idea of Siegel's boisterous know it all talk, here is a article on the Cavs getting George Hill. According to him, Hill would flourish with Bron. It totally went the other way as Hill's efficiency dropped tremendously with the Cavs and the playoffs did not get any better, Hill's three point shooting dropped from .453 with the Kings to ,351 with the Cavs,

Here is direct quote from that article:

Offensively, you couldn’t create a better partner for James than Hill, who consistently puts the ball in the basket in low-usage roles. His efficiency is marvelous for a point guard: He’s been in the 83rd percentile or better every year since his rookie season in effective field goal percentage, per Cleaning the Glass. This year is no different, as he’s putting together the most efficient season of his career despite playing in Sacramento, where offense goes to die. The Kings turned him into more of a pick-and-roll ball handler than he’ll be in Cleveland, where he’ll get back to what he does best — spotting up from beyond the arc.

https://fansided.com/2018/02/09/george-hill-fit-lebron-james-cavaliers/

If he would have just kept it low key and said Hill is a good get for the Cavs, which he was, that would be one thing. Saying Hill would be so much better was his mistake, But that is how drama queens are. It is black and white; either the greatest thing since sliced bread or the worse thing since Darko.

Logic just does not go hand in hand with these types. Hill was putting together his career best efficiency marks; yet his offense would improve by being traded. Dumbass, enough said.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/h/hillge01.html

1 hour ago, Buzzard said:

Those that want the playoffs today are very disgruntled and will remain so for at least another season and possibly two.

What amazes me is those think they actually "know" what it takes to win in the NBA; yet have never worked that hard in all their life at any athletic endeavor. They just "know" because they know as they sit at their desk replying to this thread with their bag of chips and dip nearby to fill up their growing pot bellies; much like the pundit who wrote this article.

This is as opposed to those who have blind faith in a process where there is no proof that it works.  There is blind faith in the process.  There is blind faith in the idea that by getting young, the team will be better long term.  There is blind faith that the youth movement will mature quickly and make for a quick turnaround.  

5 hours ago, KB21 said:

This is as opposed to those who have blind faith in a process where there is no proof that it works.  There is blind faith in the process.  There is blind faith in the idea that by getting young, the team will be better long term.  There is blind faith that the youth movement will mature quickly and make for a quick turnaround.  

Bud traded Teague, Korver, and Horford walked. That was from a 60 win team that could not have slotted a better path to the Eastern Conference finals if they had the option to write it. 1st round opponent the Nets, 2nd round opponent the Wizards, we meet a real team and we get swept. Two years later without Korver, Teague, and Horford, the Wizards team that we handled in 6 games in our run to the Conference Finals takes care of us in 6 games. Then Travis let Sap walk.

It is not blind faith; it is acceptance. There is nothing I can do to change what has been done.

We are rebuilding, that is obvious to everyone but you. You rant and rave all day about what you know. You really don't know squat if you don't know this. Your idea of a prediction is 5 to 10 years before we see the playoffs again. Do you think a 1/2 decade window is enough wiggle room all knowing seer?

30 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Bud traded Teague, Korver, and Horford walked. That was from a 60 win team that could not have slotted a better path to the Eastern Conference finals if they had the option to write it. 1st round opponent the Nets, 2nd round opponent the Wizards, we meet a real team and we get swept. Two years later without Korver, Teague, and Horford, the Wizards team that we handled in 6 games in our run to the Conference Finals takes care of us in 6 games. Then Travis let Sap walk.

It is not blind faith; it is acceptance. There is nothing I can do to change what has been done.

We are rebuilding, that is obvious to everyone but you. You rant and rave all day about what you know. You really don't know squat if you don't know this. Your idea of a prediction is 5 to 10 years before we see the playoffs again. Do you think a 1/2 decade window is enough wiggle room all knowing seer?

So, you accept the fact that it will be at least 5 years before the Hawks are a playoff caliber team again?  If you accept that fact, then you have bought into the fallacy of the tanking philosophy, and that is that by tanking and getting higher draft picks, you will build a better team long term.  It will take 5 years just to get where this team was in '16-17.  

I know that the Hawks are tanking, not rebuilding.  If they were rebuilding, there would at least be some effort to put a competitive team on the court.  The only goal of this front office is to get a top pick.  

17 minutes ago, KB21 said:

So, you accept the fact that it will be at least 5 years before the Hawks are a playoff caliber team again?  If you accept that fact, then you have bought into the fallacy of the tanking philosophy, and that is that by tanking and getting higher draft picks, you will build a better team long term.  It will take 5 years just to get where this team was in '16-17.  

I know that the Hawks are tanking, not rebuilding.  If they were rebuilding, there would at least be some effort to put a competitive team on the court.  The only goal of this front office is to get a top pick.  

No I don't accept that. I mentioned your expectations. Mine are two years from now or less. Your is 5 to 10 years. Keep it straight. The first off season of the rebuild was 2017: trading Dwight, letting SAP walk, and drafting Collins. That was most certainly the rebuild primer.

We make the playoffs with a team full of 21-26 year olds instead of one 30 year old aging all-star. That is known as showing promise vs deteriorating. That is what I expect.

The problem with your prediction of 5 - 10 years is when we do make the playoffs after year 3 or 4, you will show up bragging about how you were only 1 or 2 years off. In my mind your outside number is the one you should live by; but that would require us to be like the Kings as you also predicted.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

No I don't accept that. I mentioned your expectations. Mine are two years from now or less. Your is 5 to 10 years. Keep it straight. The first off season of the rebuild was 2017: trading Dwight, letting SAP walk, and drafting Collins. That was most certainly the rebuild primer.

We make the playoffs with a team full of 21-26 year olds instead of one 30 year old aging all-star. That is known as showing promise vs deteriorating. That is what I expect.

The problem with your prediction of 5 - 10 years is when we do make the playoffs after year 3 or 4, you will show up bragging about how you were only 1 or 2 years off. In my mind your outside number is the one you should live by; but that would require us to be like the Kings as you also predicted.

One other note which I am sure will go over your head, this is just our 1st year in the lottery. Your prediction of us languishing in the lottery like the Kings still has about 11 more lottery years and counting left.