• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

John Collins' to-do list for second season

aali34

The one thing I noticed about Johns game that was lacking is the ability to create and freelance a little. I think he is a pure big in the sense that he depends on great guard play to find him and feed him in good spots.

The Africa game was a great example. In a free flowing pick up style where bigs were handling the rock for themselves he ended up disappearing and playing his usually, set screens, box out, rebound role where as the other bigs were facing up and driving. 

He doesn’t need that skill set to be successful but it’s one that’s missing from his repertoire 

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

The one thing I noticed about Johns game that was lacking is the ability to create and freelance a little. I think he is a pure big in the sense that he depends on great guard play to find him and feed him in good spots.

The Africa game was a great example. In a free flowing pick up style where bigs were handling the rock for themselves he ended up disappearing and playing his usually, set screens, box out, rebound role where as the other bigs were facing up and driving. 

He doesn’t need that skill set to be successful but it’s one that’s missing from his repertoire 

I think he just didn't care enough to try to do those things. He handled the ball quite a bit in summer league.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, aali34 said:

I think he just didn't care enough to try to do those things. He handled the ball quite a bit in summer league.

Not to face his man up and drive, I could be mistaken but I dont really recall seeing that in SL.

He still dominated without having to do so though

It’d be very nice if Collins could show some superb ball control like a Anthony Davis, Durant type at damn near 7 foot! But it’s not needed for him to be successful however if he added that to his game...man we’d be looking at a complete different player! Those guys that can dribble and show ball control at that height are extremely (well normally)  good. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...