• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Don't be surprised if we make the playoffs this year.

Wurider05

The hawks by designed will not win many games.  I love the optimism but you simply can Rush this. This is only year two. Hawks had season success and some breakthroughs with the same result in the playoffs let this thing grown organically. I’d hate to be Minnesota right now. They will lose any deal for butler yet they can keep him cause of his wish to be elsewhere and his effect on kat and Wiggins who are younger and have been invested in heavily. In honesty they should reach out to Portland to see  kick the tires on McCollum. This would be a win for both teams in my opinion. And the wolves can placate the fan base into a Wiggins, McCollum, KAT future while, butler would be a better fit with Portland.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Sothron said:

I'm sure their fans love having guys like Cody Zeller and Frank the Tank over guys like Joel and Simmons.

Cody Zeller was drafted 4th over notably Giannis "The Greek Freak" who was chosen #15. If you want to get technical and say he was an unknown and no one knew he would grow consider Rudy Gobert was also in that draft at #27. Although Frank's draft was weak he was still choosen over Miles Turner, Devin Booker, Bobby Portis and Larry Nance Jr... If they choose Giannis and Booker to go along with Kemba Walker we'd be talking about Charlotte with a completely different tone. We can't give them discredit for not tanking. They obviously have proven they'd find a way to draft wrong no matter what position in the lottery they get.

I'd rather not go thru young bad pick after bad pick to finally get it right like the 76ers. All those picks and their best shooter is their center Joel. They still need capable pieces around the star studs in order to be a formidable team and people are giving them all this credit because they finally made the playoffs. Let's see if this process even has any longevity and most importantly rings which is the whole reason to put your fans to a vigorous process like that in the 1st place.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Royjr9 said:

The hawks by designed will not win many games.  I love the optimism but you simply can Rush this. This is only year two. Hawks had season success and some breakthroughs with the same result in the playoffs let this thing grown organically. I’d hate to be Minnesota right now. They will lose any deal for butler yet they can keep him cause of his wish to be elsewhere and his effect on kat and Wiggins who are younger and have been invested in heavily. In honesty they should reach out to Portland to see  kick the tires on McCollum. This would be a win for both teams in my opinion. And the wolves can placate the fan base into a Wiggins, McCollum, KAT future while, butler would be a better fit with Portland.

I agree with everything in bold. It's not rushing if our players/team are simply better than expected but the worst thing you can do is stifle their growth. It should be organic but just don't be surprised like the topic says if we are way better than expected. The way this team was built as a unit we have potential to do just that. That and again LeBron has given every team on the East hope that the window is open to do big things now or as soon as possible.

• Moderators
10 hours ago, sillent said:

When is the last time the 76ers were in the playoffs and how many lottery picks did it take? Let's not compare the 76ers. Hopefully for their sake they can continue their new found upswing and not have to go through a process all over again. Even thru all they've went thru and did their still only considered the 3rd possible best team on the LeBronless East after a team that didn't tank but tweaked in Toronto and a team that didn't tank but stayed competitve and were crafty with drafting and getting talent in Boston. The 76ers were an embarrassment to the league for awhile for their self proclaimed "Process" and are still questionable as a true contender. An injury to one of their players can put them right back where they started.

I'll skip on the comparisons of the 76ers and their "Process". I honestly don't think they'll be as good as they were last year and that's with an improved Fultz and Simmons. I'm very curious to see what their defense looks like now without Coach Pierce on the defensive end. Charlotte??? I'm not going to even respond but besides having a couple of our ex players (not our ex best players at anytime) there again is no comparison.

When were the Sixers last in the playoffs?  They were the #3 seed last year.  Not long ago.

Before that they were in the playoffs for a while, degraded to the point they missed it and spent 4 years tanking.

Boston did tank for one year.  They pulled off a trade that allowed them to then pull off a tank style build - repeated high lottery picks from NJ while enjoying the massive cap room from the tank tear down.  It is the perfect rebuilding scenario.

Toronto has been a nice second tier team that has never contended but has been close enough that they absolutely should have tried to keep afloat and go for a big trade similar to our decision whether to keep trying to win or rebuild after our ECF appearance.

Orlando, Sacramento, Phoenix — all “went for the wins” instead of just trying to rebuild and paid the price for it by setting themselves back for years.

22 hours ago, HawkItus said:

No playoffs.  However, if we make the playoffs KG and Spud will send the whole board Hawks' gear.  JB will invite us all over for a cookout an AHF will treat us all to a round of his favorite stout. 

He ain’t lyin! ? 

22 hours ago, HawkItus said:

No playoffs.  However, if we make the playoffs KG and Spud will send the whole board Hawks' gear.  JB will invite us all over for a cookout an AHF will treat us all to a round of his favorite stout. 

fist bump

... except for the bit about @AHF.  He's totally a Zima drinker.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, kg01 said:

fist bump

? omg good memories and bad with zimas... a girl I was going on with  in the mid 90’s looooooved them. So much so that she became a stripper a few years later. And that’s where zimas can hurt you kids...

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

? omg good memories and bad with zimas... a girl I was going on with  in the mid 90’s looooooved them. So much so that she became a stripper a few years later. And that’s where zimas can hurt you kids...

Oddly, that's how AH became a stripper too. :ohmy:

• Like 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, kg01 said:

fist bump

Hawkitus knows I like me some dark beer.  Got a home brew Belgian right now that I wish I had measured the ABV because it is extremely high.  Packs a big punch.

• Like 2