Preseason Game #4: Hawks vs Spurs 10/10/18

JayBirdHawk

57 minutes ago, AHF said:

I suspect most of his shots before were desperation heaves discouraged by his coach and now he is taking designed shots within the flow of the offense with the support of his coaches.  Big difference!

It's not about the percentage.  It's the fact that he's made almost as many 3's in 4 games as he made in 5 years. We saw it last year with Dedmon (who was even more extreme at 0-1 over 4 years), but it's still a pleasant surprise. 

5 hours ago, capstone21 said:

I am glad it went in and he did have a good game but when the game is on the line ... that is NOT the shot i want him taking.  

Why? Thats his range..No different than Baze taking a 3 imo..

3 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

If it is all but certain by the end of the year that our future is Prince , JC and Trae then we should take the best defensive wing/3D in the draft with one of our picks. 

And who might that be?

4 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

There are probably others here who can answer that better than me.

Yeah, Im looking forward to college basketball for this reason..The 2019 draft. I just wish I knew how many picks we're going to end up with. 

• Moderators
49 minutes ago, High5 said:

It's not about the percentage.  It's the fact that he's made almost as many 3's in 4 games as he made in 5 years. We saw it last year with Dedmon (who was even more extreme at 0-1 over 4 years), but it's still a pleasant surprise. 

Well, that is an easier explanation.  In one place, they were told to set screens and stay in the paint and rebound and forbidden to shoot long jumpers and in the other place they were told to set screens on the perimeter and shoot when they were left open even (or maybe especially) beyond the 3pt line.

21 minutes ago, AHF said:

Well, that is an easier explanation.  In one place, they were told to set screens and stay in the paint and rebound and forbidden to shoot long jumpers and in the other place they were told to set screens on the perimeter and shoot when they were left open even (or maybe especially) beyond the 3pt line.

You were describing the quality of the shot in your first reply. Obviously he's being told to shoot now when he wasn't before.

7 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

#Traevolution trademark right here baby ? Found the comment on Instagram originally yesterday(before others tried to steal it and pass off as their own)it’s genius! 

I beat you to it and I already told @JayBirdHawk that I was trademarking it.

Can I get a vouch and AMEN Jaybird? :angel: 

We need a better amen emoji. For moe, I'm gonna use this :bag_flip: in memory of @DJLayitup

Who am I you ask? I'm Batman (Bale mumbling voice)

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, JCDBaptist said:

I beat you to it and I already told @JayBirdHawk that I was trademarking it.

Can I get a vouch and AMEN Jaybird? :angel: 

We need a better amen emoji. For moe, I'm gonna use this :bag_flip: in memory of @DJLayitup

Who am I you ask? I'm Batman (Bale mumbling voice)

Nice! I just thought you came in with the Linsanity mob or something, silly me.

• Moderators
4 hours ago, High5 said:

You were describing the quality of the shot in your first reply. Obviously he's being told to shoot now when he wasn't before.

I read more into your post because you originally said it was “crazy” when the explanation was simple if you were talking about volume.  As you say now, the reason isn’t crazy — it is obvious.