• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Preseason Game #4: Hawks vs Spurs 10/10/18

JayBirdHawk

1 minute ago, Macknsweetjones said:

f***in beautiful now lets get this fun tanking season on the road and make it our last

May not NEED to tank if Dallas competes and misses out as well as Cavs.

We should have an idea by AS break.

Lose close exciting, competitive games. Trade or let Baze go and sign a FA that sees the light coming in ATL at the end of the tunnel.

With the growth of JC and Prince and add Trae and maybe FAs see we have something to work with along with cap space and lottery draft picks galore.

We just need the fans to get behind these boys no matter what happens this season so they can sees FANS are all in.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I got sports-wood on that shot.  Then again, that mightve been 'cause I saw Becki again.  Who knows.

Seriously that was fun.  No, no, noooo, YAAAAS!!!!

Lastly, now that the Trhaeters have logged out, can we keep something between us?  That was a pretty bad shot that happened to go in, right?  Jussayin'.

? it’s funny the bad shot discussion was bound to come at some point. It’s only a bad shot if it doesn’t go in and the went bottoms. But ya I feel ya...well we know this though, he’s young, he’s got vision, he’s not afraid of the moment and he acts like a 12 year vet. When was the last time we said that about a Hawk? Any Hawk?

Oh and by the way, we get the Mavs pick. @macdaddy needs Kleenex right about now..Costco size!

ATL ATL ATL!!!!

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I got sports-wood on that shot.  Then again, that mightve been 'cause I saw Becki again.  Who knows.

Seriously that was fun.  No, no, noooo, YAAAAS!!!!

Lastly, now that the Trhaeters have logged out, can we keep something between us?  That was a pretty bad shot that happened to go in, right?  Jussayin'.

Eeeeh. He shot it with confidence and has shown the ability to make them before. I didn't hate it. That floater and pass he had earlier was nasty. The dude is ice cold, running those last few possessions like a 10 year vet.

• Like 4

I’m outta likes too! Mine went quick geez let me show some looooovvveeee mods...that’s all I feel right now. Oooohhh what a feeling. I don’t care if it’s preseason just let us Hawks fans rejoice in this moment. I got like 10 texts from friends I haven’t spoken to in years.. ? Get ready for more Hawk fans soon!!! This is a good thing I’ve never seen this movie ever!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TheFuzz said:

Eeeeh. He shot it with confidence and has shown the ability to make them before. I didn't hate it. That floater and pass he had earlier was nasty. The dude is ice cold, running those last few possessions like a 10 year vet.

He looked very vet saavy and in control of the tempo of the game. 

The Hawks couldn't have asked for a better marketing video to go into the regular season.  Too bad the schedule has us playing the first 3 games of the season on the road.

Trae isn't trending yet.  But he may be once SportsCenter airs.   

Then again, we have Warriors vs Lakers tonight.   So that may drown his shot out.

I know, it's just pre season

BUT

Dang, that was exciting.  and, just think, Hawks don't even have their potential starting five together for any of their games.  When these games begin to count, do you suppose this team is just going to melt away like a snowball on the streets of downtown Atlanta in August?

When they are real, Atlanta may struggle to win 20 games as some people say.  After the way the Hawks lit it up tonight, can there be any doubt that they will play exciting ball?

I'm probably the most optimistic of the Squawk fans,  I've said we very well could win half of our regular season games.  That is, if we stay healthy and don't deliberately set out to tank.  Quiet a spread between being lucky if they win 20 and my 41 !!

Our rookie PG may not be as poor a choice in the draft as some have said.  (And, remember, we've still got a draft pick coming out of the deal.)  Spellman looks good and Huerter needs to spend a couple of weeks in the G League.

GO ATL HAWKS !!

:biggrin:

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

? it’s funny the bad shot discussion was bound to come at some point. It’s only a bad shot if it doesn’t go in and the went bottoms. But ya I feel ya...well we know this though, he’s young, he’s got vision, he’s not afraid of the moment and he acts like a 12 year vet. When was the last time we said that about a Hawk? Any Hawk?

Oh and by the way, we get the Mavs pick. @macdaddy needs Kleenex right about now..Costco size!

ATL ATL ATL!!!!

Dang, I got no likes!  I owe you too.

Definitely looked poised out there.  Interestingly, he replaced Lin who's squad was choking the game away.

6 minutes ago, TheFuzz said:

Yup.  Vet savvy was in full display.  Great move keeping Carter out there when he comes in.  Has that been the case all preseason? 

• Like 1