• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

CLP stating that he game planned mistakes; genius or settling?!

JCDBaptist

What do you guys think of LP saying that he game planned for mistakes and TOs?

Is it genius to ease the nerves of rookies and young players making mistakes? Or is it selling them short with lack of confidence in them?

How do you game plan and counter mistakes?

Me personally, I think it is genius because it is a given they are VERY young and inexperienced and so it is to be expected. So you plan for it and in game, settle the troops down letting them know we knew these mistakes were going to happen. Now let's settle down and do what we are capable of. Stay focused and stay aggressive. Share the ball. Be ready for Trae snd Huerter to find you. 

15 minutes ago, Duff_Man said:

Mistakes are a part of sports. Have to be able to shake them off.

Yeah but he actually game planned. We all know they happen amd are inevitable but do you game plan for them? You shale them off amd keep playing. I guess playing at the pace we are intending on playing at and our youth, he expects us to habe quite a few until we get settled by mid season.

I might have missed something but I didn't hear it that way. I heard him say early in the game there were things game planned for that they knew would happen and they still made a few mistakes on executing them. Maybe I heard that wrong.

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, JCDBaptist said:

Yeah but he actually game planned. We all know they happen amd are inevitable but do you game plan for them? You shale them off amd keep playing. I guess playing at the pace we are intending on playing at and our youth, he expects us to habe quite a few until we get settled by mid season.

By doing what?

I don't get it.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
53 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

probably by allowing certain freedoms that he know they aren't 100% ready for but to give them the experience 

I get that, letting the young guys play through mistakes, but what exactly is the 'game plan' for that.