• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trae vs LaMelo

marco102

You know, I would not mind LaMelo in this draft.  He's 6'7" or 6'8" and growing into his body.  If you get over the dislike of his father and watch him as a player, talent wise he's top 3 in the 2020 draft.  Mind you I've  never been on the Ball family band wagon.  Also for a marketing standpoint, everyone points out Zion's followers.  LaMelo has 4 times as many followers on social media than Zion.  

Side note:  Trae is a point god!  Just look at him in this unorganized mess set up his teammates. He shot the ball pretty well too.

• Like 3

LaMelo Ball, and his projected draft position on the 2020 NBA mock drafts:

NBC Sports - #7

CBS Sports - #9

SB Nation - #19

Bleacher Report - n/r

Yahoo Sports - #17

SI.com - #27

So most believe that LaMelo WILL be a 1st round pick, with some believing that he'll be a lottery pick.  I'll say this, he's a much better offensive player than Lonzo, but he barely tries on defense.  If he proves that he can defend in that Australian league, he'll be ( or should be ) a top 5 pick next summer.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Duff_Man said:

Yeah...let's draft a guy because of his Instagram.

Excellent hot take.  Didn't say that at all.  If you look past his dad, you'll see a really good prospect.  He's only 17 and is 6'7", can shoot off the dribble and has great vision.   I guarantee you haven't watched him play, but have only heard about the hype and his dad.  

He's very raw, needs to get way better on the defensive end, but you can't deny his talent.  

• Like 4

• Premium Member

Man.......  He's an interesting prospect for sure, but I'm having a hard time coming to terms with the idea of dealing with Lavar.  I just can't get over dude's obnoxious personality.  That's a hard pill to swallow.  Which is crazy.  If the talent is there, it shouldn't matter...but it does so much.  God forbid we actually become a contender.  We'll never hear the end of it.

Just U...G...H...........................................................

Edited by Wretch
  • Like 1