• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Our new injury prone Bench of Vets...better or worse?

JTB

6 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Yes sir! Vegas is straight disrespectful with 34.5 wins predicted for us. We are going to be hurting some people’s feelings on some nights by blitzing them early and just pounding away. We’ve suffered long enough. WE GOT NEXT! 

Vegas ain't being disrespectful. They are just looking at the analytics. The issue is, Trae analytics aren't real as DeAaron Fox analytics wasn't real going into his 2nd year. Why? Their last two months or in Trae case, 2nd half of the season was miles better than his first three months. They just can't predict Trae will be an All Star even if they think John is close. 44 wins min because of Trae impact and improvement along. Once you add Cam Reddish to the mix, watch out.

hace 13 minutos, NBASupes dijo:

Vegas ain't being disrespectful. They are just looking at the analytics. The issue is, Trae analytics aren't real as DeAaron Fox analytics wasn't real going into his 2nd year. Why? Their last two months or in Trae case, 2nd half of the season was miles better than his first three months. They just can't predict Trae will be an All Star even if they think John is close. 44 wins min because of Trae impact and improvement along. Once you add Cam Reddish to the mix, watch out.

Yeah Vegas was not disrespectful, they just predictes low for everyone. Playoff on the east was 37 wins according to that ranking. Hawks were out by 3 wins that might be accurate

hace 19 minutos, NBASupes dijo:

The difference between last years bench and this year is clearly talent and fit. Last year had better fit. Baze could play with anybody as could Lin. Len fit most personnel groupings and Bembry fit our personnel last year. This year, I see some issues, not expecting Bembry and Turner to fit on offense like how Baze and him struggled together on that end. Parker should be a fit with Hunter and Cam but I can see Cam and Parker not being an ideal fit. Hunter fits everybody. Crabbe fits offensively with all groups but with Trae and John, he might be a bad fit. 

I worry about the Parsons and Crabbe defensive fit. I worry about Jones and Turner as well. Not as many fits as last year with the bench unit.

I do see a lot more talent. Parsons is better than your average 12th man by a gap. Parker can be an excellent 6th man. Hunter has Iggy off the bench potential although I am not as high on Cam off the bench and think he is just a much better fit with Trae, Kev and John them. Crabbe as a 10th man is good. Jones will be a 8th man and Turner will be the 9th man. Talent wise, we completely upgraded significantly to the point Bembry is spliting 10th man mins with Crabbe. That's pretty good depth now which we lacked last season.

I think we might be underating Crabbe as a defender, he ranked higher than Baze l

2 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

I think we might be underating Crabbe as a defender, he ranked higher than Baze l

Crabbe is not a better defender than Baze. Crabbe last year just was in a better system and personnel grouping. 

I think our bench could be one of the best in the NBA. We got Parker and Hunter. Both can be top end 6th man as soon as next year. Parker been needing to move to the 6th man role like Jamal Crawford did when he was traded to the Hawks from Golden State. Hunter fits with every pairing and can be sensational off the bench in a highly versatile role.

• Like 1

hace 40 minutos, NBASupes dijo:

Crabbe is not a better defender than Baze. Crabbe last year just was in a better system and personnel grouping. 

I think our bench could be one of the best in the NBA. We got Parker and Hunter. Both can be top end 6th man as soon as next year. Parker been needing to move to the 6th man role like Jamal Crawford did when he was traded to the Hawks from Golden State. Hunter fits with every pairing and can be sensational off the bench in a highly versatile role.

You think Hunter will come of thw bench and Cam will be starting? I would be surprised to see that, I think Hunter will be starting

25 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

You think Hunter will come of thw bench and Cam will be starting? I would be surprised to see that, I think Hunter will be starting

I clearly think that will happen when it's all said and done. I just feel Cam is the better player at this level. I also feel he is best suited for our system and fit on top of that. The best way to optimize him is starting him with Trae. Him with Turner won't really help him. 

Hunter could start, maybe he will be the opening day starter but when it's all said and done, Iggy role is his long term role. That's best suited off of the bench depending on the matchups. Cam best role is with the crew. Trae, John and Kevin. 

• Moderators

Assuming they are healthy i think hawks fans will realize that Crabbe is an upgrade over Prince (in this system), and Turner is an upgrade over Baze.   I love Baze and Prince but they were built for a Bud type system.   

Parsons and Parker i have no expectations but i think they'll provide some production off the bench at times.  

• Like 1

hace 1 hora, macdaddy dijo:

Assuming they are healthy i think hawks fans will realize that Crabbe is an upgrade over Prince (in this system), and Turner is an upgrade over Baze.   I love Baze and Prince but they were built for a Bud type system.   

Parsons and Parker i have no expectations but i think they'll provide some production off the bench at times.  

I also think Crabbe is an upgrade over Baze, not sure about Prince but definately over Baze. 2nd unit will have 2 capable scorers in Crabbe and Parker. The only problem I see us lack of shooting and spacing if we have Turner, Damian Jones and Parker on the floor at the same time. Is also looking that Bembry's role might be limited  as I do not see him sharing the floor with Jones and Turner. Or perhaps no and they leave him wide open, don't think so....

1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

Assuming they are healthy i think hawks fans will realize that Crabbe is an upgrade over Prince (in this system),

He ain’t lyin. I’ve said this before. Crabbe is a pretty good baller and fits our system perfectly.