• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hunter gets shoe deal

thecampster

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

Also, this post reminds me of the Starbury shoes for $25.

I still have a pair that I bought from his Manhattan, NY store along with a warm up suit.  It may be worth something in a few more years.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

Gotta shop the outlets stores, man... you can get great deals on the best stuff. I got my AirMax's for $50 each... Regular priced $120. Only fools pay full price and buy something the first week it comes out.

Also, this post reminds me of the Starbury shoes for $25.

Yes you can find deals. But there is a lot social pressure on boys, particularly black boys, to have the latest J's and often times their family really can't afford to drop that kind of money on shoes. I'm not blaming anyone for trying to make money or successfully marketing their products, but it is unfortunate in some respects.

• Moderators
53 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Yes you can find deals. But there is a lot social pressure on boys, particularly black boys, to have the latest J's and often times their family really can't afford to drop that kind of money on shoes. I'm not blaming anyone for trying to make money or successfully marketing their products, but it is unfortunate in some respects.

I agree and I do see that side of it. Jordan has been criticized for this for years... charging $225 for shoes when your customer base are in a $50 range. I never cared about having the latest and greatest personally (I'm still using an iPhone 7 for reference) and maybe me being a white guy has something to do with. I always ask myself "will it matter a year from now" and usually the answer is no. I like AirMax's because it's like walking on a cloud and there is nothing wrong with rocking the AirMax 2018's or just a pair of Typhas or Sequents. It's also about living within your means.

• Like 2