• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Crabbe Problems

enrique

Just looking at our abysmal 3 point shooting numbers...29th in the NBA at 31.1%. Without Trae our 3pt% number would be 28.79%. 

The silver lining on the Prince for Crabbe trade involved Crabbe's historic 39+% shooting on fairly solid 3-point attempts (over 4 per game for his career and over 6+ attempts per game over the past 2 seasons). Wow! Talk about struggles...so far he is 21.4% shooting on over 3 attempts per game. Is this going to change or has his shot evaporated due to changing form/technique following his injury? 

We have got to get something going besides Trae. I was not familiar with Crabbe before the trade, but am wondering if this is something that will trend up with some extra playing time? Also any word on Huerter's return (I know he has been shooting around) and JC's banishment's appeal?

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, enrique said:

Is this going to change or has his shot evaporated due to changing form/technique following his injury? 

So he did change his shot? I thought I was crazy. I hate the hitch in his shot. Much like you I remember Blazer Crabbe with more of a free flow movement to his shot. That’s who I thought we were getting as well. Couple that with the rookie struggles and the Collins suspension as well as the difficulty in the strength of schedule, kinda makes sense.

Things will get better. Oh, Huerter mentioned as early as next week on the telecast last night. We need him badly.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, enrique said:

Just looking at our abysmal 3 point shooting numbers...29th in the NBA at 31.1%. Without Trae our 3pt% number would be 28.79%. 

The silver lining on the Prince for Crabbe trade involved Crabbe's historic 39+% shooting on fairly solid 3-point attempts (over 4 per game for his career and over 6+ attempts per game over the past 2 seasons). Wow! Talk about struggles...so far he is 21.4% shooting on over 3 attempts per game. Is this going to change or has his shot evaporated due to changing form/technique following his injury? 

We have got to get something going besides Trae. I was not familiar with Crabbe before the trade, but am wondering if this is something that will trend up with some extra playing time? Also any word on Huerter's return (I know he has been shooting around) and JC's banishment's appeal?

You'll get to see his shooting tonight or not.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

Things will get better. Oh, Huerter mentioned as early as next week on the telecast last night. We need him badly.

He was just beginning to get back to some semblance of rookie Huerter. I really hope he can get his groove back sooner than later. Stop-Start-Stop-Start is never a recipe for improved performances, but we need more shooters and creators on the court. It will make defenses at least think before doubling Trae.

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I can't lie, this was hilarious.  But everyone who lold at this post has made the list.  Sorry, my hands are tied on the matter.

I was like dang kg’s got a lot going on with the baby, now he’s got this Crabbe 🦀 thing too, that’s a lot on his plate. Lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Premium Member
14 hours ago, macdaddy said:

Crabbe and Turner have been big disappointments.   Turner is what he is but Crabbe looks like he doesn't understand the offense at all.   Hopefully he can get healthy and contribute or better yet maybe the rooks will start ballin.

Crabbe is obviously broken down and I don't think the plan coming into the season was that he was going to see anything more than token minutes here and there. As you said Turner is Turner. It wasn't a great idea to make him our backup PG.