I’m ok with LP but....

JTB

26 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Lon Kreuger?

🤠

I should have mentioned this, 10 - 20 years of NBA Experience. Its always possible for a great college coach to be a great NBA Coach; but its a very short list. Right off the top of my head, Brown and Donovan is looking like a good one.

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

I'm not running through all the bad organizations changes to counter your exceptions.  You know I'm right.

Of course you are not because it would show that at best 25% of the bad teams do this. Probably a fat zero after only two years.

7 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I should have mentioned this, 10 - 20 years of NBA Experience. Its always possible for a great college coach to be a great NBA Coach; but its a very short list. Right off the top of my head, Brown and Donovan is looking like a good one.

Bob Weiss?

🙃

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Bob Weiss?

🙃

If you like Weiss and Kruger, that's totally on you.

I like the idea of Atkinson and Joerger as two that should get interviews. Mike Weinar is a pupil of Donovan at Florida and now he has been under Carlisle for quite a few years. He might be to young, but I think he needs a interview. I would not stop with just those three though.

With Trae, Collins, and Capela for starters, our team should be looked at as a favorable coaching destination.

10 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

If you like Weiss and Kruger, that's totally on you.

I like the idea of Atkinson and Joerger as two that should get interviews. Mike Weinar is a pupil of Donovan at Florida and now he has been under Carlisle for quite a few years. He might be to young, but I think he needs a interview. I would not stop with just those three though.

With Trae, Collins, and Capela for starters, our team should be looked at as a favorable coaching destination.

Weiss and Kreuger fit your requirements, not mine.

Has the Weinar guy been around 10-20 years in the NBA?  If not, that's a no-go per the Buzz-report.

Odd that you'd like to take a chance on him but not Becki although her resume surpasses his.

ETA: And, speaking of odd, it's also strange that you'd pass over the guy on the Mavs staff that's actually considered an up and coming future HC.

Edited by kg01
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Weiss and Kreuger fit your requirements, not mine.

Has the Weinar guy been around 10-20 years in the NBA?  If not, that's a no-go per the Buzz-report.

Odd that you'd like to take a chance on him but not Becki although her resume surpasses his.

ETA: And, speaking of odd, it's also strange that you'd pass over the guy on the Mavs staff that's actually considered an up and coming future HC.

There is probably no less than 30 assistant coaches that have 10 - 20 years experience; so the ones you pick out are obviously for you. Which is pretty much the way you debate. Instead of posting the facts about what bad teams have changed coaches after only two years, you just post some random fiction that it happens a lot by bad organizations.

I like Carlisle's coaching tree a lot. I think Pops may be wearing thin with all the losses in recent years. Sue me for looking at it like that.

3 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

There is probably no less than 30 assistant coaches that have 10 - 20 years experience; so the ones you pick out, are obviously for you. Which is pretty much the way you debate. Instead of posting the facts about what bad teams have changed coaches after only two years, you just post some random fiction that it happens a lot by bad organizations.

I like Carlisles coaching a tree a lot. I think Pops may be wearing thin with all the losses in recent years. Sue me for looking at like that.

I'm just mad you snaked me into talking coach crap again.  Sneaky, sneaky.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

I'm just mad you snaked me into talking coach crap again.  Sneaky, sneaky.

This topic is about our coach and Mark Jackson as a possible replacement. What did you expect?

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Why not?  Neither Kerr nor Jackson was not around NBA coaching that long before they got their gigs and they've got rings. Steve Kerr went straight to the Warriors from TV, The great Phil Jackson was an NBA assistant for only 2 years before becoming a headcoach? 

Becky has been an assistant going on 6 years. 

Yes! This! I don’t disregard experience by any means but something about Becky makes me feel like she is going to be really good. People are going to start hiring Tim Duncan, no coaching experience either so why not her. I’d actually want her over Duncan. I think Duncan is a smart dude but I’m not sure he’s a born coach. I could be wrong on Timmy as well though, he could be good too. 

10 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Yes! This! I don’t disregard experience by any means but something about Becky makes me feel like she is going to be really good. People are going to start hiring Tim Duncan, no coaching experience either so why not her. I’d actually want her over Duncan. I think Duncan is a smart dude but I’m not sure he’s a born coach. I could be wrong on Timmy as well though, he could be good too. 

I am not saying no to Becky; but I do want someone who blows Schlenk away with the way they watch film, notice other teams tendencies, and can come up something to use against them.

There is a lot more to being a good X's and O's coach that just walking in the door with a large playbook.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I am not saying no to Becky; but I do want someone who blows Schlenk away with the way they watch film, notice other teams tendencies, and can come up something up to use against them.

There is a lot more to being a good X's and O's coach that just walking in the door with a large playbook.

Yes I agree. Who do you like that’s out there right now? I agree it needs to be a well rounded coach.

1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

Yes I agree. Who do you like that’s out there right now? I agree it needs to be a well rounded coach.

My favorite is easily Atkinson. I think he did a great job in Brooklyn and would love his defensive mindset with our team. I think Joerger is a good candidate but he is not politically correct and rubs people the wrong way. Someone or two from Carlisle's staff should get a interview. I think he is possibly the most underrated head coach in the league by fans.

• Like 2

I believe in L.P., but if he had to be replaced I think the best candidate is Jeff Van Gundy. I always liked his grittiness. I believed Atkinson got K-deeded by KD and Kyrie.

35 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

My favorite is easily Atkinson. I think he did a great job in Brooklyn and would love his defensive mindset with our team. I think Joerger is a good candidate but he is not politically correct and rubs people the wrong way. Someone or two from Carlisle's staff should get a interview. I think he is possibly the most underrated head coach in the league by fans.

I got Atkinson, Dantoni, Kidd and Becky. I’d still like to give Lloyd another full year.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I got Atkinson, Dantoni, Kidd and Becky. I’d still like to give Lloyd another full year.

I like Dantoni also. I think him with Trae could be similar to his days with Nash. Not sold on Kidd. I think he is a yes man to the stars; I am talking about LeBron.

• Like 1