• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2019-20 Bet Results

AHF

• Moderators

With the season officially over for our Hawks, we can run the numbers and see what happened with the outstanding bets for this seaosn:

#1 -  AHF / @sturt - Will Parsons Be Cut?

Sturt and I had a debate last summer over whether Parsons would be cut this year.  Sturt argued TS would cut him for a younger player:

I believe Schlenk would cut Parsons at that point that it seems his roster slot could be better filled by someone to develop for the future. And with his injury history, I surmise that would be anytime it would arise that he's out for 10 games or more.

In contrast, I argued that TS would keep him around for a trade and would only possibly cut him before the trade deadline if he gave a concession on a buyout.  

What happened?

Parsons missed 12 consecutive games to start the season and wasn't cut.

Parsons missed 12 consecutive games in December and January and still wasn't cut.

Parsons then suffered a season (and potentially career) ending injury in a car wreck on January 20.  He missed the rest of the games leading up to the trade deadline and still wasn't cut as TS kept him around for potential trade options.

So obviously I won the bet right?

Ummm....nope.  And I have no one to blame but myself for the wording.

It actually turned into a push when Parsons suffered the season ending injury even though we still kept him.

It is a push if: (1) No qualifying injury or 10 consecutive missed games  happens; (2) he suffers an injury which is clearly season or career ending; or (3) he takes a buyout that reduces what we owe.

Winner picks the other person’s signature for a month.

Good?  @sturt

PUSH

#2 - AHF / @NBASupes Bet One - Will Reddish Match QRich?

The bet is based on whether Cam Reddish will beat at least 6 of these metrics at the end of his rookie season.  If he beats 6 or more, I happily will turn my avatar over to Supes for a month of Cam promotion or whatever he wants.  If Cam doesn't beat 6 or more, then I get to mitigate by disappointment by coming up with something creative for Supers' avatar for that month.  (Winner can pick any month they want through the end of 2020).

Here are the targets (Q-Rich's season in PHO):

EFG%:  .498

3pt% .358

PPG: 14.9

RPG: 6.1

APG: 2.0

SPG: 1.2

WS: 5.8

WS/48: 0.098

PER: 13.6

BPM: 1.9

VORP: 2.8

I'm joining everyone in hoping that Supes wins on the way to the Hawks developing the league's next superstar.

So here is where we finished:

EFG%:  .498 - Actual:  .459

3pt% .358 - Actual: .332

PPG: 14.9 - Actual:  10.5

RPG: 6.1 - Actual:  3.7

APG: 2.0 - Actual:  1.5

SPG: 1.2 - Actual:  1.1

WS: 5.8 - Actual:  -0.4

WS/48: 0.098 - Actual:  -0.011

PER: 13.6 - Actual:  9.0

BPM: 1.9 - Actual:  -4.2

VORP: 2.8 - Actual:  -0.9

So this puts me in charge of Supes' avatar for a month this year.  That month is either going to be the draft or December.  TBD.  But should be fun.

#3 - AHF / Supes Bet Two - Will Reddish or Hunter Start at SF?

Games started for the entire year and at SF.  [Games where the other player is too injured to play don't count]. 

Supes - more games started for Reddish at SF

Buzzard AHF - more games started for Hunter at SF

Bet - Loser has to create an appreciation thread for the winner. 

NBA Supes or Buzzard AHF Appreciation Thread. You will say three sentences. Nice things, post and that's that. 

No avatar changes or nothing like that. Just an appreciation thread 

If I count this one correctly, between the games where both were available Hunter started 42 games at SF while Reddish started 14.  I counted this in my head so I may be off a couple but it wasn't particularly close.  Reddish basically started at SF when they ran the all 1st/2nd year lineup of Trae / Huerter / Reddish / Hunter / JC and a handful of other games.  Hunter ended up starting 62 of his 63 games either at SF or a minority of the times at PF.

The best part of all this is I am super hyped for Cam's future and get to enjoy the wins in large part because he was garbage for most of 2019 while getting to enjoy the huge development in 2020. 

At the end of the day, while Supes was ahead of the actual curve it ends up being kind of a win for both Supes and me on Cam's promise for the future.  But for 2020, I still get to reap that sweet, sweet avatar goodness.  :yes:

Note that the bet between @thecampster and me on whether Len would get a contract for $10M next season was voided due to him missing too many games.  Len's trade would not have voided it since his minutes were very similar in Sacramento but it was already off the table before then.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
Just now, Spud2nique said:

Were you the only one involved in all these bets? Lol.

That ended up being the case for this season.  Buzz could have had the second bet with Supes but didn't want it after their debate and so I stepped in to take that one up.  All the other discussions about potential bets just didn't end up panning out.  🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

Just now, AHF said:

That ended up being the case for this season.  Buzz could have had the second bet with Supes but didn't want it after their debate and so I stepped in to take that one up.  All the other discussions about potential bets just didn't end up panning out.  🤷‍♂️

Ever since Luka I’ve been scared. I’m hoping to get a bet going sometime with @Buzzard over something. He’s level enough to actual be honorable about the bet. We were on the same page a ton but lately been offing some views. Maybe a Trez/Okongwu/Haliburton type bet can be found somewhere in there. I actual like his Hunter avatar but wouldn’t mind scrambling it around for a month.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Ever since Luka I’ve been scared. I’m hoping to get a bet going sometime with @Buzzard over something. He’s level enough to actual be honorable about the bet. We were on the same page a ton but lately been offing some views. Maybe a Trez/Okongwu/Haliburton type bet can be found somewhere in there. I actual like his Hunter avatar but wouldn’t mind scrambling it around for a month.

I am thinking something along the lines of first season minutes played since you don't think Haliburton is much more than a 6th man.

• Like 1