• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

How do we get another 2020 1st (Non-Lotto)

JayBirdHawk

19 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I know some people will hate it but if we land LaMelo, Prince, and Oubre (likely traded again). It's not that bad of an offseason for the bench considering it was 

Wallace 

Rookie Reddish

Turner

Parker

Jones 

Last year to start the season.

Oubre wont be happy coming off the bench here...And Prince is no better than Crabbe...

Edited by terrell

5 minutes ago, terrell said:

Oubre wont be happy coming off the bench here...And Prince is no better than Crabbe...

WhOubre can kiss my whole a**.  Who is he to be "unhappy" coming off the bench?  His overrated arse is lucky to be on a team at all.

Whoa, that came out a little strong.  I apologize, folks.  He can kiss half my a**.  Ok, that feels more appropriate. 😁

17 minutes ago, terrell said:

Prince is a .1 WAR player. Meaning he is worth 24 million for 5 years. Crabbe was a -1.6 WAR player meaning he owes you 4 million dollars. Prince maybe vastly overpaid by 16 million dollars but he's not a net negative. You can use him and he's pretty good at hitting corner threes. 

Oubre has been a bench player each year but I have my doubt LP wants a high maintenance player. 

Oubre been the same exact player the last two years. A talented below average offensive player who's an above average defensive player with a low feel for the game. If he wasn't high maintenance, I honestly don't think teams would be trying to trade him like they do. Guys like him add good value to a bench, especially as wings. Also, he's been a mid 2s WAR guy over the last two years which is pretty good production from a backup wing. High maintenance is a killer for players at his caliber. They might not mind that from Trae Young but not from a non core player on average. 

There are some new guys who are on the trade market that should appeal to Atlanta as backups. They are young, talented and they fit. Plus they are cheap as shit.

Edited by NBASupes

8 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Prince is a .1 WAR player. Meaning he is worth 24 million for 5 years. Crabbe was a -1.6 WAR player meaning he owes you 4 million dollars. Prince maybe vastly overpaid by 16 million dollars but he's not a net negative. You can use him and he's pretty good at hitting corner threes. 

Oubre has been a bench player each year but I have my doubt LP wants a high maintenance player. 

Oubre been the same exact player the last two years. A talented below average offensive player who's an above average defensive player with a low feel for the game. If he wasn't high maintenance, I honestly don't think teams would be trying to trade him like they do. Guys like him add good value to a bench, especially as wings. Also, he's been a mid 2s WAR guy over the last two years which is pretty good production from a backup wing. High maintenance is a killer for players at his caliber. They might not mind that from Trae Young but not from a non core player on average. 

There are some new guys who are on the trade market that should appeal to Atlanta as backups. They are young, talented and they fit. Plus they are cheap as shit.

Prince didnt fit our offense at all last go round...If he can just sit in the corner fine, but he likes to try to do too much..lol....Id take Oubre off the bench, but he just seems like a me 1st type..........

What new guys?

🤔

Edited by terrell

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

You said at EVERY position except C.

I'm just saying I don't see where all our 1st backups will be FA vets that are new to the roster. 

That is every position..Our wings are interchangeble..

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Tell Crabbe I want my money.

You've mentioned several timr, what's high maintenance about Oubre? 

10 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Liiikee.......

• Like 2

1 hour ago, warcore said:

The better question is why should anyone pay attention to someone who clearly isn't listening to anybody. 

PLAYER DEVELOPMENT. IT'S BEEN STATED SEVERAL TIMES. 

I guess hes sayin you can develop young players with good vets on the team too(see Memphis,Pels, Suns etc)

1 hour ago, warcore said:

Each of the highlighted can shoot pretty well for their positions. 

Ill give you Skal I guess. I havent seen enough of him.....Prince is 33% shooter from 3 this year..(1-15 in his last 3 games played) Yikes.. And Dedmon shot 22% from deep last season. lol.  What are you basing this on?

Edited by terrell

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, terrell said:

I guess hes sayin you can develop young players with good vets on the team too(see Memphis,Pels, Suns etc)

The Suns shpuld not be included, they have been sucky for a long time. They had 8 great bubble games now they are special. 23, 24, 21, 19 and this season 34 wins the last 5 years.

Memphis (Gasol) and Pels (Davis)  traded their vets for actual NBA players.  They were hot ticket items. Who'd the Hawks have to trade Dwight, Baze, Dennis? Horford and Milsap walked in FA.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

You're kinda overreacting to supes' musings.

When did Trae "beg" for help anyways?  Adding Capela was a coup.  Adding Deadman helped, solid backup.  If we were done right now, I'd have issues.  But we're not close to being done with the offseason.

Ok "Beg" was an overreaction..lol

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, terrell said:

Rookie backup? Or sign 2 vet PG's?

Or trade for one. Sign Dunn as a FA or trade for Cory Joseph. Or trade #6 to Spurs for Dejounte Murray and #11. Options galore.

Suns are said to be after FVV, and also looking to move Oubre to cut salary. If they can't find a taker for Oubre, I wonder if Rubio becomes available @NBASupes - any Rubio talk.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

The Suns shpuld not be included, they have been sucky for a long time. They had 8 great bubble games now they are special. 23, 24, 21, 19 and this season 34 wins the last 5 years.

Memphis (Gasol) and Pels (Davis)  traded their vets for actual NBA players.  They were hot ticket items. Who'd the Hawks have to trade Dwight, Baze, Dennis? Horford and Milsap walked in FA.

Yeah youre right...Suns shouldnt count..My bad..lol

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

We couldve brought in better players last season instead of all of those bums....Especially after seeing how good Trae was in the 2nd half of his rookie year...Regardless if we had players to trade..

Edited by terrell

• Premium Member
Just now, terrell said:

We couldve brought in better players last season....Especially after seeing how good Trae was in the 2nd half of his rookie year...Regardless..

Yeah we could have, but what was the goal?

6 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Or trade for one. Sign Dunn as a FA or trade for Cory Joseph. Or trade #6 to Spurs for Dejounte Murray and #11. Options galore.

Suns are said to be after FVV, and also looking to move Oubre to cut salary. If they can't find a taker for Oubre, I wonder if Rubio becomes available @NBASupes - any Rubio talk.

But what are we trading? Dedmon?

Edited by terrell

14 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I can't say who publicly but there are some decent rotation PGs to be had for cheap on the market. Rubio is not one though. Due to a strong draft class at the position, teams are finally willing to get rid of productive PGs who are backups.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I can't say who publicly but there are some decent rotation PGs to be had for cheap on the market. Rubio is not one though. Due to a strong draft class at the position, teams are finally willing to get rid of productive PGs who are backups.

🤔🤨 .......no one's looking, you can tell me...I swear!:laugh:

:read:...me looking at ALL the starting PGs and their backups