How do we get another 2020 1st (Non-Lotto)

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member

Minnesota.

James Johnson ($16 mil player option) #17 to the Hawks into capspace.

Why for Hawks? Get the #17 pick and fills the need at backup PF.

Why for Wolves?  Clear his salary, with the #1 pick salary and resigning Beasley north of $10 mil per in cleans up their books.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Do we need any more kids added to this roster?

Reddish, Fernando, Huerter, Young, Hunter, Collins.   That's 6.

1st round 2020 will be 7.

Goodwin is 24

Bembry and Capela is 25.

So that's 10 players wo are going to be at least 26 years old or under by the end of next season.

If you're talking about trading down to get a good 5 - 8 year vet player + a 1st round pick, in exchange for our lotto pick, then cool.

But adding another 1st round pick?  Nah.

We need some middle high schoolers on this team to complement our elementary school kids

If we aren't selecting a PG at #6, with the plethora of PGs available later, draft a backup PG for the future while signing one in FAcy or using capspace to acquire one.

• Like 4

• Premium Member

Dallas

#18 and Delon Wright (2yrs' $9 mil) for a couple of 2nds. 

Capsaving move for Dallas. Hawks fill the backup PG spot. Ideally Dallas would prefer to move Powell but he can't help on the court next season and his contract is 3yrs at $11 mil per. Per @NBASupes, Dallas offered Powell, Hawks declined.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, kg01 said:

I don't buy the rumors of us targeting a late 1st rookie for our backup.  Doesn't make sense.

Not as a backup for next season. My preference would be to have a veteran presence as a backup. If we can find a backup better than Goodwin to groom...I'm game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

I don't buy the rumors of us targeting a late 1st rookie for our backup.  Doesn't make sense.

I haven't seen where that plan is for picking the primary, #2 backup. I'd be against that too. Rumors are just for A backup. 3rd string is my guess with Jeff or Goodwin coming back or FA signing. Then that pick could potentially grow into 2nd string within the next year or two. 

6 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Do we need any more kids added to this roster?

Reddish, Fernando, Huerter, Young, Hunter, Collins.   That's 6.

1st round 2020 will be 7.

Goodwin is 24

Bembry and Capela is 25.

So that's 10 players wo are going to be at least 26 years old or under by the end of next season.

If you're talking about trading down to get a good 5 - 8 year vet player + a 1st round pick, in exchange for our lotto pick, then cool.

But adding another 1st round pick?  Nah.

We need some middle high schoolers on this team to complement our elementary school kids

Bembry?