• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Next 36 - 2nd half of the season starts tomorrow

JayBirdHawk

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Out until Saturday I think

Makes the Chicago game more of a toss up. I hope they can still pull it off. They should be pushing hard to finish #1 in the East and the Nets are clipping at their heels, hopefully Doc has them ready even without their big 2

• Premium Member

This season is a bear.

I wish the Hawks had sent their GLeague team to Orlando.  Guys like Bruno, Goodwin, Mays and Knight need floor time.  They'd either be in the playoffs or headed back to the big club by now with some game play experience.

9 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

We have to play a lot better in the next four than tonight for sure.  I can't figure out this team.  Nothing seems to come easy.

Overly simplistic but they are 15-7 when they shoot 35% or better from 3pt and 11-3 when they shoot 38% or better.  2-13 when they shoot sub 35%.  

Make or miss league.  Hawks don't have enough consistent makers.  

EDIT:   Just 2 examples:

Gallo is 2nd on team in 3pt% at 39.5%.  But how many times have we all complained about his bricks?  

Consider:  Gallo has played in 25 games. In 10 he's been sub-30% from 3pt. In 11 he's been 50%+.  It's all or nothing with him. 

Kevin has played in all 37 games.  In 14 he's sub-30% from 3Pt and in 10 he's 50%+.  Again, feast or famine.  

Edited by REHawksFan
  • Like 1

Some key games this weekend that effect us:

Heat at Bulls tonight, somebody has to lose and either helps us out

Pacers at Lakers, should be a Lakers W, puts us a half game up on Indy.

Raptors at Hornets tomorrow, a loss by either team is helps us

Pacers at Suns Saturday, hopefully widens the gap between us

Raptors at Bulls Sunday, again, either outcome is good for us.

Most importantly, Hawks must win both games this weekend. Do that and  you gain some ground in the standings.

Take care of business 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
16 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Some key games this weekend that effect us:

Heat at Bulls tonight, somebody has to lose and either helps us out

Pacers at Lakers, should be a Lakers W, puts us a half game up on Indy.

Raptors at Hornets tomorrow, a loss by either team is helps us

Pacers at Suns Saturday, hopefully widens the gap between us

Raptors at Bulls Sunday, again, either outcome is good for us.

Most importantly, Hawks must win both games this weekend. Do that and  you gain some ground in the standings.

Take care of business 

This is most critical. Can we finally beat tge Cavs. Sigh.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

This is most critical. Can we finally beat tge Cavs. Sigh.

I was so confident prior to the Raptors game but now I must admit there is something missing with this team. They don't play consistently hard on defense.  They came out in that Miami game and played hard nose defense but since then they only want to play defense in the 4th quarters of games.  I have to worry about every game with this team and it isn't fair.  Other teams can just show up in Cleveland and blow them out but not us.  Maybe one day we will start to look like one of those good teams.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I was so confident prior to the Raptors game but now I must admit there is something missing with this team. They don't play consistently hard on defense.  They came out in that Miami game and played hard nose defense but since then they only want to play defense in the 4th quarters of games.  I have to worry about every game with this team and it isn't fair.  Other teams can just show up in Cleveland and blow them out but not us.  Maybe one day we will start to look like one of those good teams.

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47z7rdrs0njamnekyily

I've been tellin' you this all year and you kept blaming one guy for all the problems.

You don't get to switch the game up on us now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
21 minutes ago, kg01 said:

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47z7rdrs0njamnekyily

I've been tellin' you this all year and you kept blaming one guy for all the problems.

You don't get to switch the game up on us now.

To be fair to Nate, He has only coached the team for like 6 games and at least he has that 4th quarter nailed.  He just has to work on figuring out the other 3

• Premium Member

0g6d8xudw7m61.jpg

Knicks could come crashing down hard in the next few weeks. 

Most of the East teams schedules get tougher while the Hawk's gets easier. If Deandre and Cam come back in full swing, Bogi gets acclimated, and Dunn makes his appearance, the standings could look different.

I'd expect the Hawks to be the 6th seed based on strength of schedule and a clean bill of health(knock on wood).

• Premium Member
46 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

All year- we've had 'something(s)' missing. And wether you want to accept it or not, this is what you get with young teams - INCONSISTENT  play.

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

To be fair to Nate, He has only coached the team for like 6 games and at least he has that 4th quarter nailed.  He just has to work on figuring out the other 3

Now you want "to be fair"?

Geez, peo.  This is embarrassing.

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, aali34 said:

0g6d8xudw7m61.jpg

Knicks could come crashing down hard in the next few weeks. 

Most of the East teams schedules get tougher while the Hawk's gets easier. If Deandre and Cam come back in full swing, Bogi gets acclimated, and Dunn makes his appearance, the standings could look different.

I'd expect the Hawks to be the 6th seed based on strength of schedule and a clean bill of health(knock on wood).

Miami and Boston look like they can reach/hold tight on  4 & 5. Indy is sinking now but may make a late move when Lavert gets back and their schedule eases up.

We should see the most improvement as we get healthier as the schedule gets easier, which means, if we can survive our road trip in the ball park of .500, we will not only be battle hardened, but should have enough depth to rotate rest for guys and still perform at a high level.

IF IF IF 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, AHF said:

One piece that is missing and will lead to greater consistency on defense is simply DeAndre Hunter.

They obviously can play defense even without Hunter...Note the 4th quarter stats under McMillan.  They just don't and it worries me.

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

They obviously can play defense even without Hunter...Note the 4th quarter stats under McMillan.  They just don't and it worries me.

It won't be as consistent without Cam and Hunter as it is with the two of them.  Our other wings range between solid (Snell) and bad at defense so we are going to pressure the rest of the team more when we are missing the best perimeter defenders on the roster.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, AHF said:

It won't be as consistent without Cam and Hunter as it is with the two of them.  Our other wings range between solid (Snell) and bad at defense so we are going to pressure the rest of the team more when we are missing the best perimeter defenders on the roster.

The same players are #1 in the league in 4th quarter defensive rating under McMillan so if you can do it in the 4th, you can do it in the 1st 3.  no excuses

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

The same players are #1 in the league in 4th quarter defensive rating under McMillan so if you can do it in the 4th, you can do it in the 1st 3.  no excuses

Those players aren't good enough to be the #1 defense in the league.  That isn't who they are.  They have played well in the 4th quarter (lately) but that isn't directly translatable to a full game.

• Like 2