• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Rondo+Bogi+Gallo

JTB

58 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Dang really? I mean, I have respect ✊🏿 for dude no doubt but he was never close to being my fav non Hawks, I think the only think I patterned myself after him was in conditioning and to be ready to kick arse. That’s it. His actually game on the court was consistent no doubt but methodically boring. Don’t get me wrong I do like methodical and boring, him and Timmy with substance vs flash but he never really did it for me.

I always rooted for guys like Kemp, C Webb and LJ to clown him a bit. And of course and very own Keeeeeviiiiinnnn Willis and big dog Antoine when we played the Jazz. Muscle vs muscle with those cats. Fun times.

I liked Malone's physicality. His rivalry with Rodman was unreal. I will never forget that play when Malone planted his big shoe on a sprawled out Rodman's chest as he ran down the floor.

They took the physical big man out of the modern game in my opinion. I get the safety reasons; but I still like seeing bigs wresting and fighting for position without fouls being called.

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 2

• Premium Member
29 minutes ago, hylndr11 said:

What do y'all think the dynamic is for playoffs, since we don't use the bench as much what players do you think we will lose value on meaning they won't see nealry as much time in playoffs , I guess it's too early to ask but also thinking long term, Hunter has got to turn into a beast I know it's not sustainable to pay this many players 

On the assumption we don't make any trades and Hunter returns to pre-injury form:

Starters:

Trae, Huerter, Hunter, Collins, Capela

Bench:

Rondo, Bogi, Cam, Snell, Gallo

(I think Capela, Collins, Gallo will be the 3 bigs rotation)

Bench Alternates:

Okongwo - he has to show real improvement over the rest of the regular season to see real time in the playoffs, be Knightish, be impactful in whatever minutes he gets.

Kinght - his energy is infectious, 

Hill - he's still useful at SF, I think Nate would trust him as a veteran.

Dunn - I have no idea what he'll look like.

Injuries, foul trouble, game circumstances - may have certain guys seeing more or less minutes than expected.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

but I still like seeing bigs wresting and fighting for position without fouls being called.

You mean vs weak sauce Scurry running down the court doing his worst Antoine Walker shimmy shake dance 💃? Ya me too. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

You mean vs weak sauce Scurry running down the court doing his worst Antoine Walker shimmy shake dance 💃? Ya me too. 

Back then if you flopped, there was a good chance you were getting called for the foul. At the very least it was usually a play on.

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Buzzard said:

Back then if you flopped, there was a good chance you were getting called for the foul. At the very least it was usually a play on.

Agreed. Not sure when the flop became a thing but I remember around 2005 or 2006 Devin Harris came into the league and he was one of the ones who would do it a lot, then it spread like wildfire. Now you got guys like Lebron doing it..  If I’m a ref and I see Lebron flopping, automatic ejection! Lol, or I’d give him the Harden postgame blank stare..

The rules need to be changed, meanwhile Adam Silver is worried about things that are not improving on court play but rather expanding the game to the broader public while making the league more money. I get it, it’s a business but for basketball purists from my/our generation, it sucks. Yes I know David Stern did the same and everything evolves including this but it’s just sad. 

1. Eliminate flopping

2. Alter rules to give the pf/c some “big man” adv (not have the 7 footers playing a skill game busting 3’s).

3. Friendships and exchanging jersey’s piss me off (this is Lebron and the riverboat whatever banana 🍌 boat crew started it).

4. Expanding playoffs (no, 10 teams now huh, so 2/3 of the league essentially make the playoffs 20/30 teams, why not make it 22, 24, 26..lets give Gaylord Focker 8th place ribbons 🎀)

I’m not mad 😠 I’m just ... ok I’m mad 😡.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, hylndr11 said:

What do y'all think the dynamic is for playoffs, since we don't use the bench as much what players do you think we will lose value on meaning they won't see nealry as much time in playoffs , I guess it's too early to ask but also thinking long term, Hunter has got to turn into a beast I know it's not sustainable to pay this many players 

Well this last part isn’t necessarily true. If the hawks front office felt like this was a championship roster they surely could keep this roster together and just pay the what could be a massive luxury tax since they own the rights to all the important rotational players except snell.

its not likely this roster stays together but I just want to put it out there it is possible to keep the majority of the roster in place.

as far as the playoffs go I think it’s best that the coaching staff play it by ear. Nate may find it as a benefit to rely on a deep rotation or he may play the starters thibbs type minutes...it’s tough to say honestly. 

21 minutes ago, JTB said:

as far as the playoffs go I think it’s best that the coaching staff play it by ear. Nate may find it as a benefit to rely on a deep rotation or he may play the starters thibbs type minutes...it’s tough to say honestly. 

Agreed. One of the big advantages this team has is depth with starter quality pieces coming off the bench. (Bron even said as much after we played in Atlanta). This will undoubtedly help us to win games in the regular season as its a war of attrition and more bodies always help.

Now, come postseason time, other teams shrink their rotations and rely on a top 8 that could neutralize our 9-12 pieces. It's up to Nate at that point to deploy the weapons in an effective way that maximizes their skillsets and the hot hand that night. From an energy standpoint, he can shorten their time on the court by rotating more guys in that can play full-out for lesser stints. That would help neutralize the teams that play their Superstars 40 mins in a playoff game.  

• Thanks 2

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

🤦‍♀️ don’t remind me. I can’t bring myself to post there vs the millennials. They make some crazy comparisons like Joe Ingles to Manu... stop 🛑 Why, cuz they both have brown eyes 👀 and are lefties? I’m just old I guess and bitter...

Back in my day... I can’t say that with you, Gramps and a few others though because I guess I’m your millennial type 😂 ... 

RealGM has been bad for 20+ years with guys there thinking old stars couldn’t compete in the (then) current NBA.  Can’t tell you how many people I’ve seen making dumb **** claims like Wilt and MJ don’t have the athleticism to hang with the “modern” game and just stood out due to lack of competition, etc.  Too many ignorant posters who feel very confident in their views.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, AHF said:

RealGM has been bad for 20+ years with guys there thinking old stars couldn’t compete in the (then) current NBA.  Can’t tell you how many people I’ve seen making dumb **** claims like Wilt and MJ don’t have the athleticism to hang with the “modern” game and just stood out due to lack of competition, etc.  Too many ignorant posters who feel very confident in their views.

And the mods, don’t get me started. There is one guy who literally picks arguments with people trying to bait them to give warnings. I won’t say his name but he’s from Texas, he likes the Mavs and he’s prolly a Chuck Norris fan or likes Texas Pete sauce at Chic fil a a lot! 

I’ve been told by them and their minions that contrary to popular belief, I’m not funny. 😶 You shoulda seen the way they talked to me, like a couple of street toughs. 

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, Buzzard said:

It was wild. A trade for Bogi, Gallinari, Rondo, Snell. Collins etc was being posted every day while we were down and being coached by LP. They have gone quiet and I have not seen a new one in about a week.

One of the more prominent vultures got mad when we fired LP. I think he saw the writing on the wall. New coach probably means no chance at a fire sale.

🤣

🤦‍♂️ 

Some people just want to see the world burn I guess.  

*need someone to put in the Dark Night gif 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Agreed. Not sure when the flop became a thing but I remember around 2005 or 2006 Devin Harris came into the league and he was one of the ones who would do it a lot, then it spread like wildfire. Now you got guys like Lebron doing it..  If I’m a ref and I see Lebron flopping, automatic ejection! Lol, or I’d give him the Harden postgame blank stare..

The rules need to be changed, meanwhile Adam Silver is worried about things that are not improving on court play but rather expanding the game to the broader public while making the league more money. I get it, it’s a business but for basketball purists from my/our generation, it sucks. Yes I know David Stern did the same and everything evolves including this but it’s just sad. 

1. Eliminate flopping

2. Alter rules to give the pf/c some “big man” adv (not have the 7 footers playing a skill game busting 3’s).

3. Friendships and exchanging jersey’s piss me off (this is Lebron and the riverboat whatever banana 🍌 boat crew started it).

4. Expanding playoffs (no, 10 teams now huh, so 2/3 of the league essentially make the playoffs 20/30 teams, why not make it 22, 24, 26..lets give Gaylord Focker 8th place ribbons 🎀)

I’m not mad 😠 I’m just ... ok I’m mad 😡.

Rodman tried flopping against Malone. The refs ignored his antics for the most part. If anything his antics is what gave Malone leeway in the calls because they did not care for Rodman.

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Jdawgflow said:

🤦‍♂️ 

Some people just want to see the world burn I guess.  

*need someone to put in the Dark Night gif 

They want to see the Hawks world burn is more like it.