• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Best Trade/Worst Trade in Hawks History.

Diesel

What was the Worst/Best trade in Hawks History?  

41 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Premium Member
Just now, HawkItus said:

No wrong answer here(except for JR Rider)  Smitty, for me because he had a better flow to his game.  Didn't need to ISO as much as JJ.

I think we needed ISO Joe since we lacked the requisit  ball handlers.  

• Like 2

Just now, HawkItus said:

No wrong answer here(except for JR Rider)  Smitty, for me because he had a better flow to his game.  Didn't need to ISO as much as JJ.

Plus Smitty with that gorgeous fake stutter turn to the baseline like a min Hakeem was baller status. Loved me some Smitty, and then he shimmy’d 😊 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Plus Smitty with that gorgeous fake stutter turn to the baseline like a min Hakeem was baller status. Loved me some Smitty, and then he shimmy’d 😊 

The Smithy - The hesi-half fake spin.  Loved his mean mugging too, lol

• Like 2

• Moderators
On 6/8/2021 at 3:46 PM, HawkItus said:

Yeah, but even when Bibby got here it was a little too much Joe.

I don't think that was a Joe issue as much as a Woody issue.  Joe has shown he can kill it off the ball too as he did before we acquired him in Phoenix.  Check out how efficient he was off the ball the season before we got him:

image.png

Notice that all his highest usage seasons were here in Atlanta:

image.png

So I don't think Joe needed to dominate the ball.  Rather, Woody believed we needed him to dominate the ball and Woody liked iso as a way of controlling game pace.  I think Joe would fit very comfortably on a Hawks "super team" with his skillset.

• Like 1

On 6/8/2021 at 11:40 AM, AHF said:

Agree that Petit is the no-brainer if you are going back and including the entire franchise history.  He is our Tim Duncan and the #1 pick for our franchise if you are building an all-time lineup.  Are you ruling out Horford because he mostly played center for us?  Part of my thinking is that he brings a playmaking dimension that Nique and Deke clearly don't have and also brings a floor spacing perimeter element that is needed with Dikembe in the post.

Hudson is the only competition for JJ but while he played in Atlanta he didn't play in the 80's and 1980 was the cutoff that Spud put on it.  If All-Time for Atlanta is your scope (and not 1980 onward), then JJ vs Hudson is a very real debate.

I didn't see that caveat when I typed this up. With that being the case, Joe Johnson would get my vote for shooting guard over Steve Smith. I would then move Horford to power forward and keep Mutombo at center...