• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Best Trade/Worst Trade in Hawks History.

Diesel

What was the Worst/Best trade in Hawks History?  

41 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

6 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Y’all got me thinking..

All time:

PG- Trae

SG- ?

SF- Nique

PF- ?

C- Deke

Would like to clear it up here a bit.

1. Not Hawks but Atlanta Hawks i.e. Bob Pettit  Also time frame of the last 40 years, let’s say from 1980 and beyond.

2. I respect years of service as well just projecting Trae to get there down the road. 

13 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Would like to clear it up here a bit.

1. Not Hawks but Atlanta Hawks i.e. Bob Pettit  Also time frame of the last 40 years, let’s say from 1980 and beyond.

2. I respect years of service as well just projecting Trae to get there down the road. 

SG has to be Joe Johnson.  PF I'd go with Kevin Willis, but if the team actually has to play somebody then Horford.

• Like 3

• Moderators
44 minutes ago, nathan2331 said:

SG has to be Joe Johnson.  PF I'd go with Kevin Willis, but if the team actually has to play somebody then Horford.

Yeah, it is a no-brainer to me that the team is:

Trae

Joe

Nique

Horford

Deke

• Like 3

Even though Horf always wanted to play PF he seemed less effective there but am assuming so few minutes affected him. Anyway believe he would be the best fit and in large part because of his very decisive and good vision in his passing game. He helps rack up team points in several ways. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Y’all got me thinking..

All time:

PG- Trae

SG- ?

SF- Nique

PF- ?

C- Deke

I'd go with Hudson as the shooting guard (followed by Joe Johnson and Steve Smith) and either Roundfield, Willis, or Milsap at power forward (with Collins closing in) if you're talking about Atlanta history. Pettit is the obvious choice if you're adding in the St. Louis years...

• Like 1

• Moderators
30 minutes ago, Dejay said:

I'd go with Hudson as the shooting guard (followed by Joe Johnson and Steve Smith) and either Roundfield, Willis, or Milsap at power forward (with Collins closing in) if you're talking about Atlanta history. Pettit is the obvious choice if you're adding in the St. Louis years...

Agree that Petit is the no-brainer if you are going back and including the entire franchise history.  He is our Tim Duncan and the #1 pick for our franchise if you are building an all-time lineup.  Are you ruling out Horford because he mostly played center for us?  Part of my thinking is that he brings a playmaking dimension that Nique and Deke clearly don't have and also brings a floor spacing perimeter element that is needed with Dikembe in the post.

Hudson is the only competition for JJ but while he played in Atlanta he didn't play in the 80's and 1980 was the cutoff that Spud put on it.  If All-Time for Atlanta is your scope (and not 1980 onward), then JJ vs Hudson is a very real debate.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AHF said:

Yeah, it is a no-brainer to me that the team is:

Trae

Joe

Nique

Horford

Deke

Probably for me too. I hate leaving Kevin Willis off but with that lineup, Horford’s passing is too good to pass up, specially with Deke limited on offense.

I thought about Smitty over JJ also but I gotta go with the 6 time Hawk all star here I think.

5 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Probably for me too. I hate leaving Kevin Willis off but with that lineup, Horford’s passing is too good to pass up, specially with Deke limited on offense.

I thought about Smitty over JJ also but I gotta go with the 6 time Hawk all star here I think.

Oh God I forgot one of my favs Millsap too. Not a long time Hawk but a top 10-15 Hawk of all time for me. He was the adult in the room and came ready to play.

On 6/7/2021 at 10:28 AM, Spud2nique said:

Y’all got me thinking..

All time:

PG- Trae

SG- ?

SF- Nique

PF- ?

C- Deke

On top of this talent team I’m gonna do a chemistry team, not based solely on talent but how they’d mesh.

PG- Trae

SG- Korver

SF- Nique

PF- Grant Long

C- Deke

Actually might get murdered on D in the backcourt although Korver can hold his own but definitely not as strong a defender as Bogi in my eyes. Bogi is solid on D. 

• Premium Member
32 minutes ago, HawkItus said:

PG- Trae

SG- Smith

SF- Nique

PF- Horf

C- Dikembe

6 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Ya tough one here, JJ has a better looking resume but Smitty was a baller ⛹🏾‍♂️ 

I just like JJ's defense better next to Trae.

1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

Ya tough one here, JJ has a better looking resume but Smitty was a baller ⛹🏾‍♂️ 

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I just like JJ's defense better next to Trae.

No wrong answer here(except for JR Rider)  Smitty, for me because he had a better flow to his game.  Didn't need to ISO as much as JJ.

• Haha 2