• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Time to have the uncomfortable conversation about Bogdanovic

Peoriabird

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

My point is that other players are playing injured and producing!!! Plus Bogi has not been on the injury list the entire playoffs.  Y'all want to focus on the last 3-4 games for some reason.  I posted his entire playoff stats which encompasses 15 games

He was 14 and 4.5 over the first two series with a +48 +/- (despite already being hurt during that time).  

You always focus on whatever sample size you can use to make the point that the Hawks made a mistake with him (focus on his injured numbers early in the season and then pretend like the majority of this season never happened then come back to the topic when he is hurt and strugglign) and always ignore his career numbers over much larger sample sizes.  If  you are trying to claim that a 39% 3pt shooter over ~1500 attempts can no longer shoot from the outside because of 15 games and ~30 attempts during which he was hurt for about half of them you'll have to forgive me if I'm not willing to make that leap.  I'll look to the large sample size and look into the details around his game to game performance in the playoffs.  I do fully acknowledge that he wasn't hot during the Knicks series prior to getting hurt (but he was also much better than his numbers after he got hurt).

• Like 2

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, LucastheThird said:

Well I'm greedy and want to keep them all. But I recognize that Schlenk has a salary cap that I don't have to think about when I say keep them all. If we're talking this offseason, it comes down to Bogi or Huerter and I think they will be around the same cost. They both have been up and down during the regular season and playoffs for different reasons. IF you make me choose, I choose the luxury tax and try to keep our core together.

Its going to hard to pay Trae the max, John $20+ Mil per season, Hunter the Max while paying Huerter, Reddish and Bogi $19-20 mil per season.

• Haha 1

• Moderators
Just now, Peoriabird said:

Its going to hard to pay Trae the max, John $20+ Mil per season, Hunter the Max while paying Huerter, Reddish and Bogi $19-20 mil per season.

It may not be particularly hard to move one of Hueter, Reddish and Bogi if they are all playing at a level that warrants paying them that salary.  Wings are hard to come by in this league.  There will always be teams that need more of them.  So I don't let long-term worries about cap management dictate what we do for next season.

• Thanks 2

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, AHF said:

He was 14 and 4.5 over the first two series with a +48 +/- (despite already being hurt during that time).  

You always focus on whatever sample size you can use to make the point that the Hawks made a mistake with him (focus on his injured numbers early in the season and then pretend like the majority of this season never happened then come back to the topic when he is hurt and strugglign) and always ignore his career numbers over much larger sample sizes.  If  you are trying to claim that a 39% 3pt shooter over ~1500 attempts can no longer shoot from the outside because of 15 games and ~30 attempts during which he was hurt for about half of them you'll have to forgive me if I'm not willing to make that leap.  I'll look to the large sample size and look into the details around his game to game performance in the playoffs.  I do fully acknowledge that he wasn't hot during the Knicks series prior to getting hurt (but he was also much better than his numbers after he got hurt).

He has been a none factor in these playoffs. Rose, Tabias, Curry and now holiday and Middleton have killed him.  Huerter has played better.  Huerter played better than him when he wasn't hurt.

I know. That's why I'm just a fan. I can't make that decision on who to keep because I like all of our young guys and don't want to see anyone walking away and playing for another team next year. I'm not the one making that call, I'm just a fan and stay in my lane and cheer.

We still have a playoff series to win and I will think about offseason stuff during our actual offseason.

To your points:

• Bogi is playing worse than he did during the regular season
  • He played pretty good during the Knicks series and hit a couple of big shots
  • He played a bit worse during the Philly series and got hurt
  • He is obviously trying to play through whatever is wrong with his knee and is playing worse on top of his production already dropping in the playoffs
  • He is in a position now where it should be seriously considered if he's actually helping us on the court when he is limited by his knee

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, LucastheThird said:

He played pretty good during the Knicks series and hit a couple of big shots

Why do you guys give his defense a pass?  The Hawks had to pull Hunter off Randle to stop Rose in game 5 because Bogi was getting roasted

• Premium Member
17 minutes ago, hawkzlova123 said:

Embiid is so big he can just stand there and move like two steps to get to his spot. Bogi needs to move a lot

Embiid was hitting step back after step back while hitting 3's and free throws.  Did we see the same game??  The offense went through Embiid.  All that was asked of Bogi was to hit wide open shot and he can't do it. 🤷‍♂️

Why do you guys give his defense a pass.  The Hawks had to pull Hunter off Randle to stop Rose in game 5 because Bogi was getting roasted

Bogi has never been a defensive player, I never expected him to shut down D Rose. Our only 2 perimeter stoppers are Hunter and Cam.

1 minute ago, hawkzlova123 said:

Embiid is so big he can just stand there and move like two steps to get to his spot. Bogi needs to move a lot

what does his size have to do with it? Embiid wasn't clanking every jumper he put up

Stars and mainly role players shrink in the playoffs when the stakes get higher every year, but now Bogi's struggles are 100% on his injury? What a cop out. An injured knee can have your percentages drop a little, but it's not gonna make you blow fast break points after multiple defensive stops because you make the wrong play. Last night we had the break, one guard was on the other side, Clint was trailing for the easy dump off, and Bogi proceeds to get his shit stuffed by a bum instead of passing it. In the Philly series, multiple times we got a steal and he proceeded to make a stupid pass and turn it over.

This sounds as crazy as us believing Cam's struggles at Duke were 100% because of his groin injury, until he got here  and had the same struggles

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, LucastheThird said:

Bogi has never been a defensive player, I never expected him to shut down D Rose. Our only 2 perimeter stoppers are Hunter and Cam.

So if you acknowledge that he is a 1 trick pony and can't even do that one trick when it matters, why do you not want to find an inexpensive replacement like that boy Terrence Mann for the clippers.  Not saying trade for him but find some one like him since Mann was a second round pick and looks like a 2 way player.

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

He has been a none factor in these playoffs. Rose, Tabias, Curry and now holiday and Middleton have killed him.  Huerter has played better.  Huerter played better than him when he wasn't hurt.

He had some good scoring effort up until game 5 of the Philly series.   Since Game 5 of the Philly series, his time on the court has hurt us more than it has helped.  His game the other night was so bad, I started looking for offseason trade partners who would take him and our first for a star player. 

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, Cwell said:

what does his size have to do with it? Embiid wasn't clanking every jumper he put up

Stars and mainly role players shrink in the playoffs when the stakes get higher every year, but now Bogi's struggles are 100% on his injury? What a cop out. An injured knee can have your percentages drop a little, but it's not gonna make you blow fast break points after multiple defensive stops because you make the wrong play. Last night we had the break, one guard was on the other side, Clint was trailing for the easy dump off, and Bogi proceeds to get his shit stuffed by a bum instead of passing it. In the Philly series, multiple times we got a steal and he proceeded to make a stupid pass and turn it over.

This sounds as crazy as us believing Cam's struggles at Duke were 100% because of his groin injury, until he got here  and had the same struggles

Thank You!!!  ++++++ post!  Why all the dishonesty on this message board????

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Diesel said:

He had some good scoring effort up until game 5 of the Philly series.   Since Game 5 of the Philly series, his time on the court has hurt us more than it has helped.  His game the other night was so bad, I started looking for offseason trade partners who would take him and our first for a star player. 

He was O.K. on offense and terrible on defense early.  That is not a starting shooting guard in my book

So if you acknowledge that he is a 1 trick pony and can't even do that one trick when it matters, why do you not want to find an inexpensive replacement like that boy Terrence Mann for the clippers.  Not saying trade for him but find some one like him since Mann was a second round pick and looks like a 2 way player.

Mainly I don't want to give up on Bogi after his first playoff run. He's not a one trick pony, but he has been settling for jumpers and they haven't been falling like they were in the regular season. But his playoff performance doesn't make me want to give up on him as a player yet.

I've said it already, but I'll say it again. I'm just a fan, I don't worry about their contracts or the money the team has to pay. It isn't my money and it will all get worked out. Bogi isn't overpaid in my opinion.

1555100784_ScreenShot2021-06-28at2_26_45PM.thumb.png.3d21a2738516727e4c778f0f8364b083.png

The Knicks were garbage and he wasn't even good against them. Stop the cap. This is a result of the injury plus Bogi being shook. When Kevin gets to the FT line more than you there's a problem. Not even one attempt vs the knicks

Edited by Cwell
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

He was O.K. on offense and terrible on defense early.  That is not a starting shooting guard in my book

I agree.  I would still take Klay (& I don't know if Klay is going to be 80% of what he was) over Bogi.  But I was always Ok with Bogi's lack of defense if he could put up points like a second option.  Because like it or not.. our team has an identity problem.  We believe that we are a three point shooting team.  We're not.   We need to be able to score in the paint... and I don't see a lot of that but sometimes, Bogi can get the midrange shot going.