• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Red Velvet/Serbian Assassin

sillent

There's been a lot of rumors about Cam Reddish on the trade block. I highly doubt Travis is foolish enough to get rid of such a promising two way player. Also it's clear Reddish and Hunter like playing with each other and it would be wise to keep them both happy. Assuming they both stay healthy and continue to improve they should be our starting wings of the future and we should be able to get atleast one if not both on a decent discount. We are deep so no matter how good they are it's still possible they don't get selected as Allstars and other accolades.

This leaves Huerter as the possible odd man out of our core but this yr will be the determinate. 

Kevin Huerter has to outplay Bogi. If he does this than Bogi may be the one that's expendable after this season.

We would also have to get Kevin at a reasonable price. That's the biggest question mark. If we can't keep Huerter for Bogi's price or possibly even less we may not be able to afford him as a 6th man.

Cam and Dre are our best wing defenders and also have length as well as being explosive scorers.

Kevin has more length and is more of a two way player than Bogi but he isn't beating out the 2 above in that department. 

Jalen Johnson has atleast 4yrs before his contract becomes worrisome but even now as it stands JJ is already a better defender. Maybe that winds up being more of a threat to Gallo. 

Either way money is about to start getting tight and it will be on Kevin and Cam to see who will replace Bogi both as a starter and in production. Unless Cam completely bombs or can't stay healthy he should take a significant jump.

Kevin's contract is 1st in question and I think he and Bogi will be looked at heavily to see who stays. With Kevin's age it's his to lose. With all the competition we should be fun to watch. The next big thing to keep an eye on is the comrade.

The biggest question for Kevin next season is will he be willing to sacrifice but also be consistent when it's his time. The further we got into the playoffs last season the less comfortable I got trying to answer that question. This season will be key for him like last season was for John.

Hopefully no matter what happens we get a ring next season so we'll all have something to celebrate!

• Like 1

Consistency is key for all names mentioned.

What Bogi and Dre have over Cam and Kev is consistency game to game, half to half, quarter to quarter.

Kev and Cam had moments in the playoffs that suggest they are on the right track. Kev slightly ahead, but Cam more effective when on.

That to me determines who gets the keys. If they stay even then you roll the dice.

• Like 3

While Boggy isn't old by any stretch, he's still 28.  Kevin is 22.  Between the two, it is more likely that Atlanta makes a long term investment into the younger player.  I don't see them giving a 5 year deal to a guy who will be 30 when his current contract ends.  

• Like 2

• Premium Member
12 hours ago, sillent said:

The biggest question for Kevin next season is will he be willing to sacrifice

I've never got the impression that should be a question with KH....he has been asked to and able to play PG, SG and SF....be a primary and secondary ball handler...play as starter and off the bench in whatever role. 

Yes he needs to be consistent but when you think about it he is the one player that has had the most inconsistent role. And I think he has embraced it given the circumstances.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, KB21 said:

While Boggy isn't old by any stretch, he's still 28.  Kevin is 22.  Between the two, it is more likely that Atlanta makes a long term investment into the younger player.  I don't see them giving a 5 year deal to a guy who will be 30 when his current contract ends.  

I agree with this, but I can also foresee a scenario in which Bogi is just balling out and never relinquishes his role.

I mean, his stretch of play once he got his legs back was up there with any player in the league last year. He was basically putting up Klay type shooting numbers for us in the 2nd half. He was that good.

If he duplicates or better yet, improves upon that performance, he could make it really hard to just let him move on elsewhere. Age and all. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I've never got the impression that should be a question with KH....he has been asked to and able to play PG, SG and SF....be a primary and secondary ball handler...play as starter and off the bench in whatever role. 

Yes he needs to be consistent but when you think about it he is the one player that has had the most inconsistent role. And I think he has embraced it given the circumstances.

I would feel exactly the same if I didn't notice Kevin's head swelling up after his game 7 performance after the 76ers. 

Ego is a very interesting thing and hard to get rid of or put to the side. It showed during the Bucks series and might've cost Kevin (an early extension) because it definitely cost us. I rewatched those games several times and still have the Bucks series and cocky Kevin cost us.

True though he's not that bad normally and hopefully can dial it back down but ego is a funny thing. This next season will definitely tell the story.

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, sillent said:

I would feel exactly the same if I didn't notice Kevin's head swelling up after his game 7 performance after the 76ers. 

Ego is a very interesting thing and hard to get rid of or put to the side. It showed during the Bucks series and might've cost Kevin (an early extension) because it definitely cost us. I rewatched those games several times and still have the Bucks series and cocky Kevin cost us.

True though he's not that bad normally and hopefully can dial it back down but ego is a funny thing. This next season will definitely tell the story.

Examples please.

34 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Examples please.

It's very hard to show/see from highlights 

Hard to show body language and other intangibles. I can say look at the amount of wide open shots he took early and how that changed as the playoffs went on.

But that could easily be justified by teams realizing they need to hone in on him. It's the good to great looks he refused to make/pass that concerned me. 

But then I thought maybe that's the scheme. Get up more shots than the other team.

It was his game 5 post game interview that I for some reason can't find now. I know for a fact after that lost Kevin Huerter was saying he knows that we have to have more ball movement. Then game 6 he does what he does in game 6 which again for some reason I can't find.

I understand if you didn't/don't see it and I don't have the evidence to make a compelling argument so I want go any further.

I will be watching Kevin closely this next season though and I do know his contract and continuation on the team after next season realize heavily on what he does this season and in the playoffs obviously.

Besides his inconsistencies Kevin has been great for us all yr but the playoffs tell the true story of a player and if they are who they say they are. We saw and created alot of exposures in the playoffs and have changed some teams because of it. I'm actually hoping Kevin stays with our core over Bogi, Gallo and possibly even Clint ( for money reasons). What he brings to the table and his asking price will ultimately be the determinate. 

If we win a chip I can definitely see us keeping all of our young core. Picking up vet mins and other rookie deals as the surrounding pieces.

• Premium Member
40 minutes ago, sillent said:

It's very hard to show/see from highlights 

Hard to show body language and other intangibles. I can say look at the amount of wide open shots he took early and how that changed as the playoffs went on.

But that could easily be justified by teams realizing they need to hone in on him. It's the good to great looks he refused to make/pass that concerned me. 

But then I thought maybe that's the scheme. Get up more shots than the other team.

It was his game 5 post game interview that I for some reason can't find now. I know for a fact after that lost Kevin Huerter was saying he knows that we have to have more ball movement. Then game 6 he does what he does in game 6 which again for some reason I can't find.

I understand if you didn't/don't see it and I don't have the evidence to make a compelling argument so I want go any further.

I will be watching Kevin closely this next season though and I do know his contract and continuation on the team after next season realize heavily on what he does this season and in the playoffs obviously.

Besides his inconsistencies Kevin has been great for us all yr but the playoffs tell the true story of a player and if they are who they say they are. We saw and created alot of exposures in the playoffs and have changed some teams because of it. I'm actually hoping Kevin stays with our core over Bogi, Gallo and possibly even Clint ( for money reasons). What he brings to the table and his asking price will ultimately be the determinate. 

If we win a chip I can definitely see us keeping all of our young core. Picking up vet mins and other rookie deals as the surrounding pieces.

Sorry - Not convinced. 

Was he wrong in saying they needed more ball movement after game 5, particularly without Trae.

Bucks probably didn't give him as many open looks as Philly did and having no Trae for those games made it even more so.  

5 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Sorry - Not convinced. 

Was he wrong in saying they needed more ball movement after game 5, particularly without Trae.

Bucks probably didn't give him as many open looks as Philly did and having no Trae for those games made it even more so.  

No. He was wrong for saying that and then still not move the ball while taking contested shots (again) while the opportunity to pass was there. His ego went over good judgment and it cost him and us.

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, sillent said:

No. He was wrong for saying that and then still not move the ball while taking contested shots (again) while the opportunity to pass was there. His ego went over good judgment and it cost him and us.

You're reaching man.  Let's just agree to disagree.

• Like 2