• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Atlanta Hawks 2021-22 Off-Season Plans

NBASupes

What would you like to happen for the Hawks offseason plans? 

For me, the obvious is #1

1. Do whatever you can to get a superstar or star center. That means Gobert, Jokic, Embiid, KAT, Sabonis. I know Jarrett Allen is showing up as a star center but I don't truly believe it. I still strongly believe he's a 30 win center like Capela just having an amazing year. He's the beneficiary to Mobley more than anything. 

2. Go get Ayton, if you can't get one of them, go get Ayton on a SnT. 

3. If you can't get Ayton and you find out before the draft, you need to really think hard about moving up and landing a big like Chet Holmgren and paying a massive cost if possible, highly unlikely but you need to exhaust all avenues. 

4. Target Mo Bamba as a backup 5 as he's a good fit next to Okongwu at the backup 4. JJ would be the 11th man in this case. Offer close to the full MLE. 

5. Try to extend Gallo's opt out for a week so we can trade him in a SnT.

6. Try to trade Kevin and see what's the best value on the market. 

7. Sign Otto Porter Jr. 

8. Seriously look into Jarrett Culver or Gary Harris. Bruce Brown or Victor Oladipo. 

9. Look into Tomas Sato or Tyus Jones. This might be costly but you gotta look into it. 

10. Look into trading Dre Hunter if the value back is good, since I don't think it will be good, it's likely we have to keep him. 

Edited by NBASupes

1. Get a star or superstar center.

2. Get a potential star center.

3. Create a star center who has the talent. 

4. Get a talented young center who fits Okongwu

5. Extend Gallo TO opt out a week. This gives us a chance to use his contract in a SnT. 

6. Look into what's the best offers on the table for Kev. Maybe we move him, maybe we don't. 

7. I think Porter Jr is probably the best fit for us as a SF. Give him 5 million. We need an option if we want to bench Dre. We don't have one right now. 

8. I like Oladipo the most but he might cost too much. I can see him costing a lot for us. The rest, I want more more than the min but not more than 5 mil. 

9. I think Jones will cost too much but he's clearly a possibility. Also, we need to look at Rubio.

10. His value might be too low for 10. 

57 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

A trade I would do is

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y78s7waq

Replace NAW with Rudy Gay since I don't think Utah will trade NAW. I think you got a deal that really appeals to Utah. Sure, we would have to add picks as well but I think this would be substantial. 

If I'm UTA, I trade Mitchell and keep Gobert.  To me, this trade is a banana in the road ...

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e475hl6ah82nutp4kmb6p

• Haha 3

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

3. If you can't get Ayton and you find out before the draft, you need to really think hard about moving up and landing a big like Chet Holmgren and paying a massive cost if possible, highly unlikely but you need to exhaust all avenues. 

🤨   would love to hear the possible trade that we could offer up to get a top 2 pick in this draft that wouldn't get laughed at by the other team.

Other than that, love the plan.   Trade all the bums and get a legit star to play with Trae.

32 minutes ago, kg01 said:

If I'm UTA, I trade Mitchell and keep Gobert.  To me, this trade is a banana in the road ...

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e475hl6ah82nutp4kmb6p

I am not Utah but I would get a lot more value for Gobert than Mitchell and Mitchell is more needed in the playoffs than Gobert so I am sure this wouldn't be an easy decision. 

7 minutes ago, shakes said:

🤨   would love to hear the possible trade that we could offer up to get a top 2 pick in this draft that wouldn't get laughed at by the other team.

Other than that, love the plan.   Trade all the bums and get a legit star to play with Trae.

I said #3 is extremely unlikely and bums???? Come on man

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I am not Utah but I would get a lot more value for Gobert than Mitchell and Mitchell is more needed in the playoffs than Gobert so I am sure this wouldn't be an easy decision. 

I said #3 is extremely unlikely and bums???? Come on man

You just gave me a good idea to help the team make some money while all the good  teams are playing in the playoffs.  All through May and June the Hawks should host Bum Fights at State Farm Arena.  remember when bum fights were a big deal on the internet till the PC police decided that was uncool?

Imagine this card and tell me the Hawks wouldn't sell out.

Bum fight Main Event:  Bogi vs Huerter in a cage match (so they both can't just run away)

Bum fight #2:  the undercard:  TLC vs Solomom Hill (veteran bum vs veteran bum)

Bum fight #3:   Cam Reddish vs Kevin Knox (who wouldn't pay $$ to see this one?)

Bum fight #4:   Omari Spellman and me (former reality tv star celebrity) fight over a Krispy Kream.

Bum fight #5:  Clint Capela and a basketball vs the rim.  (classic 2 v 1 matchup)

Bum fight #6:   Lou Williams Highlander Match (there can be only one:   Lou's 2 girlfriends battle it out to the death

Bum fight #7:  DeAndre Hunter vs a jar of molassess in a foot race

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Your second statement (Mitchell is more needed..) makes your first statement (would get more value for Gobert) wrong though, doesn't it?

Mitchell would be an easier sell, imho.  Bad organizations would line up for him.

Although I think you and I agree Gobert is more impactful to winning.

11 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Your second statement (Mitchell is more needed..) makes your first statement (would get more value for Gobert) wrong though, doesn't it?

Mitchell would be an easier sell, imho.  Bad organizations would line up for him.

Although I think you and I agree Gobert is more impactful to winning.

Not exactly, Capela has been more impactful for us but JC is likely more needed for the organization. 

You gotta take into account age, role, marketability, etc. Mitchell overwhelmingly has the edge in those categories. 

• Confused 1

• Premium Member

This is my all out plan...

1.  Clint/1st (lower of the two) for Ayton. 

2.  Find a trade OO/Hunter for Harrison Barnes. 

3.  Resign Delon. 

If Barnes is not available... see if there's a deal for Norman Powell. 

My plan is to improve our defense and scoring. 

6 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Not exactly, Capela has been more impactful for us but JC is likely more needed for the organization. 

You gotta take into account age, role, marketability, etc. Mitchell overwhelmingly has the edge in those categories. 

Yeah, that's why I say he could net a better return than Gobert in trade.

5 minutes ago, Diesel said:

This is my all out plan...

3.  Resign Delon. 

If Barnes is not available... see if there's a deal for Norman Powell. 

My plan is to improve our defense and scoring. 

(a) PHX ain't doing that because (b) they'll have better offers.

Don't tell spud but your #2 intrigues me more than it should.

I doubt Powell's available considering he just got acquired.  

14 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

O’doyle’s fam

noooooooo!!!!

Gotta be careful not to drive over banana peels, sir.

• Thanks 1

I’ll keep the same guy on my wish list that I’ve had for 2 years running now:

Pascal Siakam

and I’ll add - turn bogi into Royce O’Neal

and last but not least. Go back to last years system. whatever we are doing this season is not it. 

Trae / Royce / Dre / Pascal / Clint 

26 minutes ago, shakes said:

You just gave me a good idea to help the team make some money while all the good  teams are playing in the playoffs.  All through May and June the Hawks should host Bum Fights at State Farm Arena.  remember when bum fights were a big deal on the internet till the PC police decided that was uncool?

Imagine this card and tell me the Hawks wouldn't sell out.

Bum fight Main Event:  Bogi vs Huerter in a cage match (so they both can't just run away)

Bum fight #2:  the undercard:  TLC vs Solomom Hill (veteran bum vs veteran bum)

Bum fight #3:   Cam Reddish vs Kevin Knox (who wouldn't pay $$ to see this one?)

Bum fight #4:   Omari Spellman and me (former reality tv star celebrity) fight over a Krispy Kream.

Bum fight #5:  Clint Capela and a basketball vs the rim.  (classic 2 v 1 matchup)

Bum fight #6:   Lou Williams Highlander Match (there can be only one:   Lou's 2 girlfriends battle it out to the death

Bum fight #7:  DeAndre Hunter vs a jar of molassess in a foot race

#1. Bogi would just take a foul before the match began.

• Haha 4

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Phoenix might get better deals but it's going to be hard.  Even though their value has been somewhat diminished, nobody is giving up a good center on a value contract for another center.   The only thing that makes the trade for Ayton a head scratcher is that we don't have a lot of gain moving one of the leagues best rebounder for a center who only scores more points.     The problem with Ayton is his salary request.   He is not a Max player.   Many teams are not going to be willing to touch that either... so I think Phoenix will bite at the opportunity of getting Clint and a first. 

I only trade OO if we get Ayton.   I want the whole Squawk to know that.  I think OO is the future but if we get Ayton, then having OO won't work.   Point is that I would rather keep OO and Clint... I like Clint's contract and it allows him to stay while OO moves into the starters spot... I have always held to this.

So my alternative plan...

Gallo and 2 1st (different years) for Barnes.

About Powell.  His value decreases for the franchise once Kawhi/Playoff P comes back.   Honestly, I think picking him up was just a bandaid. 

12 minutes ago, kg01 said:

He won't get a better return. Who is willing to sell there house for him. No one. Gobert, you got one dumbass team who will, the Atlanta Hawks. 

Like what better offers? Who the f*** is going to trade the house for Ayton. PHX offered Ayton for Sabonis and they took Haliburton asap instead. 

Edited by NBASupes

25 minutes ago, Diesel said:

No wheaties today huh? 

Hate to break it to you but OO isn’t going anywhere for a long time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2