• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Another Trae, Another Opportunity

sillent

These past 2 games Trae Young has done something that I initially hoped when we built this team the way we did last yr.

I expected Trae to be 15+ on assist because of all the shooters we added mainly ( Huerter, Hunter, Gallo and Bogi) on top of having JC and CC.

He was almost averaging double digits in assist or close to it so I didn't think that was too much of a challenge. 

Now that he's doing it we're able to really  open the game up and dominate. With the  defense not being able to key in on anybody it makes us that much lethal offensively.

With everybody happy people are much more engaged which gets us up more defensively and when we have our defense going not too many can compete with us.

If Trae continues to be flexible and play unselfishly enough to average 15+ in assist then the narrative will change quickly about us as we power our way thru the play in and playoffs. Time will tell but with Trae playing this way we definitely have an opportunity to change our narrative during the post season.

• Like 1

I think we would have seen a lot more games like this except for the fact our guys have missed good look after good look throughout the season. 

Multiple times it feels like trae recognizes when they aren’t hitting shots. And then starts forcing more of his own offense. 

• Like 4

Guys definitely have to hit shots. A PG's duty is to make sure guys are in position to take/make the best shot but they still have to take and make it.

It's been half and half why Trae's assist numbers aren't consistently up. Of course the bunnies and open misses as well as a few times where Trae hasn't been getting them the ball in the right spots. I won't go in to detail into why but it has usually been around the end of games when precision is important but Trae is gearing up for the playoffs so I can almost bet that most of what we saw earlier in the season till now will be in the past.

People may not even remember how up and down the season might have been if we make the noise we're supposed to make in the post season.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I love this too. Trae still has to stay aggressive offensively though and just take what the defense gives him.  If the rest of the team stays aggressive on 50/50 balls, make multi efforts on the ball, move without the ball, and chase offensive rebonds, we will be a tough out for any team including Milwaukee and Phoenix who we know deep down we can beat. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, h4wkfan said:

I think we would have seen a lot more games like this except for the fact our guys have missed good look after good look throughout the season. 

Multiple times it feels like trae recognizes when they aren’t hitting shots. And then starts forcing more of his own offense. 

This really shows how Dangerous Trae would be if he had somebody who was consistently hitting shots.  Trae is getting to the place where he's making better decisions.  His efficiency is up.  When he gets to play off  ball, he adds that deadly corner three to the mix.  Unfortunately, our wangs have been inconsistent and those are the guys that we expect to hit the open shots. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
On 3/29/2022 at 4:10 PM, Diesel said:

This really shows how Dangerous Trae would be if he had somebody who was consistently hitting shots.  Trae is getting to the place where he's making better decisions.  His efficiency is up.  When he gets to play off  ball, he adds that deadly corner three to the mix.  Unfortunately, our wangs have been inconsistent and those are the guys that we expect to hit the open shots. 

I couldn't like this post more. Our wings are good but it hasn’t snapped in their minds that they can be dominant in their roles and the should aiming for 100% field goal rate when they get a wide open assist. I don’t care where Trae is on the court, if there is a teammate showing effort to get open, he WILL find them every time.  He sees and rewards the effort. 

• Premium Member
On 3/29/2022 at 7:53 AM, sillent said:

Guys definitely have to hit shots. A PG's duty is to make sure guys are in position to take/make the best shot but they still have to take and make it.

It's been half and half why Trae's assist numbers aren't consistently up. Of course the bunnies and open misses as well as a few times where Trae hasn't been getting them the ball in the right spots. I won't go in to detail into why but it has usually been around the end of games when precision is important but Trae is gearing up for the playoffs so I can almost bet that most of what we saw earlier in the season till now will be in the past.

People may not even remember how up and down the season might have been if we make the noise we're supposed to make in the post season.

Yea, but we need to climb in the standings. Winning back to back road games against Charlottw and Brooklyn/Cleveland then having to take on either Milwaukee or Philly or Miami with home court disadvantage is a bit of a tall order. 

• Thanks 1