• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Best possible offseason for all ready to make moves teams in the NBA

NBASupes

Atlanta 

1. Getting the most impactful piece around Trae Young that's available. I strongly feel that's Rudy Gobert. An generational defender. Has about a good 6-7 years left at this current level if he had someone like Trae. No brainer to me. 

Trade:

If I am Atlanta, I am open to moving everyone but Okongwu, Johnson, Cooper, and Young. Young players are rookie contracts and our franchise. 

If I am Utah, I want either Capela or Collins. I would lean to Collins. I don't want both and their contracts. I would want Hunter. To me, he's more critical than Capela or Collins for Utah and their style of play. They need a 3. I would want two 1sts. Atlanta 2022 and Charlotte 1st is would be ideal. I think that deal trumps all others. Gives me a 3 I can build with, a 4 who spaces but also plays defense. I probably would want Capela the least even if he fits the 2nd most. Too limited and I could trade Bojan and some of the assets I get from Atlanta for Myles Turner who we all know as a great fit next to JC even if I never liked his fit for Trae. 

2. While I am not big on the upgrade for a wing movement that some on here like @macdaddy and @Diesel are on. I do see a potential move that fits both teams. That's Capela for Annouby. Fits holes for both teams. While I am not a massive fan of this deal. I see value for both teams. 

3. As for PF, I am okay with Okongwu development, Gallinari getting another year, as well as Jalen Johnson development. All three of these guys can battle it out for mins at the 4 and backup 5 moving forward. 

Lakers: 

1. Trade AD and try to recoup some losses. I would also look to moving Bron but the value back just won't cover so its unlikely. 

Sixers:

1. You gotta add more shooting.

Knicks:

1. Move Randle and Fournier immediately 

2. I would build around Barrett and give Reddish a chance to see if he's that guy

Nets: 

1. Fix the roster fit.

Dallas 

1. See if I can land a massive fish like Gobert. Its extremely unlikely, not a lot of upsides but they have productive pieces but upsides is what teams covet. I don't see an angle but I die trying if I am Mark Cuban.

Toronto

1. See Dallas

2. If Gobert is gone, talk to Atlanta about Capela for Annouby. Fits both teams a lot. 

Detroit 

1. Do I cash in on J. Grant?

2. Do I try to get a big fish or stick with focusing on the rebuild 

I'll add more in upcoming days.

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

First, we gotta start off with some #SupesShots ...

We all know this whole thread is about this one line ...

6 hours ago, NBASupes said:

2. I would build around Barrett and give Reddish a chance to see if he's that guy

😏  Oh come on.  Laugh with us, supes.

On a serious note, I could see LAL trading AD.  It's been pretty interesting listening to the Klutch-related media people talk about the Laker situation on NBARadio. 

They all seem to be speaking about how AD never took to training like Lebron does.  How the expectation was that he'd go there to be sorta groomed to be the #1 to carry the aging Lebron but he just seems content with the bubble title.  Isn't taking care of his body.  Not putting in the work.

Usually the only Klutch guy they don't protect is Trae.  Davis may have 'lazied' his way out of LA.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

First, we gotta start off with some #SupesShots ...

We all know this whole thread is about this one line ...

😏  Oh come on.  Laugh with us, supes.

On a serious note, I could see LAL trading AD.  It's been pretty interesting listening to the Klutch-related media people talk about the Laker situation on NBARadio. 

They all seem to be speaking about how AD never took to training like Lebron does.  How the expectation was that he'd go there to be sorta groomed to be the #1 to carry the aging Lebron but he just seems content with the bubble title.  Isn't taking care of his body.  Not putting in the work.

Usually the only Klutch guy they don't protect is Trae.  Davis may have 'lazied' his way out of LA.

AD is good as gone if they can get the value they covet. I truly think Atlanta would be in the mix if they miss on their key targets. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

AD is good as gone if they can get the value they covet. I truly think Atlanta would be in the mix if they miss on their key targets. 

I can't even get a mild chuckle with the Reddish shot?  Straight to business, huh?

But yeah, I can see them getting moved once Lebron gives his blessing.  The problem I see is I can imagine they think they can attach Westbrook to him in  a deal, which (imho) would be a gross miscalculation.

But, then again, that's the way I can describe just about everything LAL's front office has done the past few years.  Gross miscalculations.

7 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Knicks:

1. Move Randle and Fournier immediately 

The guy Scalabrine, Danny strAinge mouthpiece, just floated a Mitchell-to-NYK trade idea with Randle+Barrett+ going to UTA.

I'd say that's plausible because I don't see UTA trading Gobert.

2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

The guy Scalabrine, Danny strAinge mouthpiece, just floated a Mitchell-to-NYK trade idea with Randle+Barrett+ going to UTA.

Utah is not gonna touch that one. The issue with any trade Donovan trade is getting players who don't like each other like Randle and Barrett and get players who really don't want to be in Utah. 

I think Utah will do their all to build a team around Mitchell with likeable locker room guys. 

Getting rid of Gobert is really just part 1 for them

29 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Utah is not gonna touch that one. The issue with any trade Donovan trade is getting players who don't like each other like Randle and Barrett and get players who really don't want to be in Utah. 

I think Utah will do their all to build a team around Mitchell with likeable locker room guys. 

Is Gobert and his contract that much better than Clint? I'd rather build around a young center like Ayton before Gobert.

Gobert has more blocks, but gets cooked a lot more on the perimeter than Clint does.

I would prefer Mitchell and trading away anyone but Hunter, Trae, John, Jalen and OO, but that probably wouldn't work.

I want to see how this season plays out. I'm still a believer in Dre. He was rounding into form until Kelly Oubre took him out and he hasn't been the same since.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Gobert has more blocks, but gets cooked a lot more on the perimeter than Clint does.

This^. 

The Hawks defense on the perimeter is the major problem. It would need improving even with Gobert.

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Hey, sounds like you and I may have an avatar trade brewing on that one.  Will they trade Gobert or Mitchell.

I agree with your reasoning for them keeping Mitchell, but I think he'll force their hands.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
51 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Randle is a negative, they shouldn't devalue Barret's value by attaching Randle to him.

I think Utah knows Mitchell doesn't want to be there so I see why they'd prefer to keep Gobert.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Hey, sounds like you and I may have an avatar trade brewing on that one.  Will they trade Gobert or Mitchell.

I agree with your reasoning for them keeping Mitchell, but I think he'll force their hands.

Its possible but he has 4 years left at 25 years old. He's the one that's easiest to build around due to his age, ability to generate attendance, and he's a #1 option. Those aren't easy to find. We should know from the Iso Joe and Al Horford era. 

17 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

This^. 

The Hawks defense on the perimeter is the major problem. It would need improving even with Gobert.

Our perimeter defense is fine without Trae. Trae is our problem and last I checked, he's not going nowhere so we will be fine. I'll take top 12-15 defense and a best offense in the NBA for a thousand Alex 

Edited by NBASupes

• Premium Member

Its possible but he has 4 years left at 25 years old. He's the one that's easiest to build around due to his age, ability to generate attendance, and he's a #1 option. Those aren't easy to find. We should know from the Iso Joe and Al Horford era. 

Speaking of....Utah is in a tough position.

Meanwhile, NBA insider Howard Beck previously shared his belief that the Jazz are in “trouble” as Mitchell could really wish for an exit from Utah “I think they’re in trouble because this this thing has run its course and we know there are some tensions that are in that locker room. And I’ve been told recently that they might be a little worse than we’ve even been led to believe. And so if this doesn’t end well, this postseason and there’s no reason to think that it will. … Those Donovan Mitchell ‘wants out’ rumors are going to be starting like as soon as the season is over,” Beck said on his The Crossover NBA Show podcast.

• Thanks 1

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

Speaking of....Utah is in a tough position.

Donovan Mitchell’s future with the Utah Jazz is uncertain, and it appears a number of teams have been gearing up to attempt to acquire the veteran guard. “Other teams have been planning to make a run at Donovan Mitchell all season long,” ESPN’s Tim McMahon said on The Lowe Post podcast (1-hour, 23-minute mark).

Meanwhile, NBA insider Howard Beck previously shared his belief that the Jazz are in “trouble” as Mitchell could really wish for an exit from Utah “I think they’re in trouble because this this thing has run its course and we know there are some tensions that are in that locker room. And I’ve been told recently that they might be a little worse than we’ve even been led to believe. And so if this doesn’t end well, this postseason and there’s no reason to think that it will. … Those Donovan Mitchell ‘wants out’ rumors are going to be starting like as soon as the season is over,” Beck said on his The Crossover NBA Show podcast.

They don't have to trade him but they do have to trade him or Gobert. Their relationship is clearly not amiable. 

I really don't understand what's so hard about prioritizing Gobert. Top 10 defense. Top offense in the NBA with Trae Young. 60 wins seasons. Contenders. Two MVP candidates. Sorry, someone make it make sense.

For Trae Young, I'll take Gobert as a partner over any player in the NBA. Including Embiid and Giannis. Dude plays right into Trae Ball and he covers for Trae's flaws. No brainer.

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

• Premium Member

They don't have to trade him but they do have to trade him or Gobert. Their relationship is clearly not amiable. 

Of course they don't 'have to'.. I also think it's more than just the relationship between Rudy and Mitchell...I honestly think Michell wants out of Utah.

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

Of course they don't 'have to'.. I also think it's more than just the relationship between Rudy and Mitchell...I honestly think Michell wants out of Utah.

I don't. I think its him or Gobert. He got a great relationship with management and ownership. He just has a bad relationship with Rudy. 

6 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I don't. I think its him or Gobert. He got a great relationship with management and ownership. He just has a bad relationship with Rudy. 

Hey, you could be right.  I'd ask if you think the rumors of him wanting out of UTA, for non-basketball reasons, are all false?

I do agree, if Gobert were traded, he'd probably be ok with that.  But the typical 'wants to be in a bigger market' rumors have nothing to do with Gobert.

• Thanks 1