• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The "make good" Falcons

Gray Mule

Hot off the press

Kristian Garic, Saints analyst has his projection on the final score in Sunday's meeting:

SAINTS 28

FALCONS 3

Ha!  I would guess he expects the Saints to rest all their starters after the 1st quarter.  

The closer to game time comes, the more we hear about how great our opponent is and how inept they expect Atlanta's Falcon team to perform.  

Remember, the higher your expectations are, the harder the fall will be if you lose.

🥺

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Gray Mule said:

Hot off the press

Kristian Garic, Saints analyst has his projection on the final score in Sunday's meeting:

SAINTS 28

FALCONS 3

Ha!  I would guess he expects the Saints to rest all their starters after the 1st quarter.  

The closer to game time comes, the more we hear about how great our opponent is and how inept they expect Atlanta's Falcon team to perform.  

Remember, the higher your expectations are, the harder the fall will be if you lose.

🥺

Oh they are so hilarious.  I predict the score will be Falcons 29-24 over the Saints.  Like in the 2017 playoffs when all the Saints had to do was get one stop on the last play. 

FaintInformalFlyingfish-size_restricted.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

BOLD PREDICTION FROM SAINT'S WRITER:

Saints favored by 9.5 points will easily exceed this.  Why?

Saints have great running defense.  Falcons can't run the ball.

Saints have a great passing defense.  Falcons have no passing game.

Falcons defense can't slow down the great Saints offense.

Expecting an easy blowout by the Saints.

😪

• Sad 2

31 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

BOLD PREDICTION FROM SAINT'S WRITER:

Saints favored by 9.5 points will easily exceed this.  Why?

Saints have great running defense.  Falcons can't run the ball.

Saints have a great passing defense.  Falcons have no passing game.

Falcons defense can't slow down the great Saints offense.

Expecting an easy blowout by the Saints.

😪

When Winston Jameson is the opposing QB, there’s ALWAYS a chance. 

• Thanks 2

Lessons learned (again) in the Falcons latest loss.

1- Prevent defense prevents a Falcon win.

2- Playing a passive, don't lose offense, still doesn't work.

Pees and Nate are both old enough and experienced enough to know better.  This first game of the season leaves a bitter taste in the mouth of these two.  When you have a team down, don't let up.  We did and it cost us the game.  The Saints didn't suddenly become so much better in the 4th quarter.  Falcons weren't all used up after 3 quarters, were they?

Leaving the home folks behind after the melt down, Atlanta heads for the west coast.  All Falcon fans hope our team plays the entire 4 quarters next Sunday!

🧑‍🔧Under construction.

• Like 2

On 9/14/2022 at 4:18 PM, Dnice said:

I gotta watch reruns or a movie on Sundays. I can't even watch another game cuz I'll see the score.  Heck with it Poverty franchise.

Hope springs eternal in the human breast.  I'll be watching, hoping they learned something from last Sundays fourth quarter.

😎Hiding my tear-stained eyes.

Edited by Gray Mule
  • Like 1

Again, almost, but not quiet.

We didn't know it at the time but that missed field goal made the difference.  Three more points and a final field goal at the end of the 4th quarter and Atlanta wins.

Two weeks.  Two losses.  Both games came down to the end before we knew who won.

Still waiting for the first of those two wins we're to get this season.  Too many good things are happening to these Falcons in this losing season to not believe those two wins are still possible.

🥰

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Matty Ice slipped and fell.

He was never that good. I remember the Pats wanting to try and acquire him during the draft even when they had Brady. Honestly, he was a better QB the fist few years, he actually made pretty good decisions with the ball, now he’s really hesitant with his throws.

Indy is way overrated, maybe the most overrated team coming into the season. 

The Falcons had it. I was hoping they knocked off Stafford because he gets a lot more accolades than he deserves imo. 

You guys can easily be 2-0 right now, you play hard. It’s gonna be a close bet most likely.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

What I see is that we have a really good team.  We have played badly at times but we have played like world beaters at times too. 

We would have won if Bryan Edwards could jump a little higher and fight a little harder.  I don't blame MM, he put a good ball up there. 

Our defense kept us in the game and the defense is not bad.  Drake London will be a star in this league.    We need more from Pitts. I want to say that Patterson can be a pro-bowler but I don't know.    The offensive line is not bad... we need better protection.  MM was running for his life... but it was the Rams. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Diesel said:

We would have won if Bryan Edwards could jump a little higher and fight a little harder.  I don't blame MM, he put a good ball up there. 

Yeah i was on the fence here.  To me that's a ball you throw on 4th down and not 3rd.   If MM was a little better at times then we'd be winning but it's been a while since he played real games so i'll give him some slack.  Plus he's saved us a few times too.  I can say one thing, Matt Ryan wasn't going to salvage this.

https://youtu.be/xtQ189ymhCY