• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Can Somebody Please Tell Bogi

sillent

Get back to the basics. Bogi's hero ball/shots have been more detrimental than helpful to the team. 

I know he may make those shots in practice all the time but it's not productive on many occasions in the game.

I hate to say it but TLC probably would've been a better option in the last game in the 4th quarter. I understand Nate's logic (allowing Bogi to finish) but it was a clear disadvantage that last 4mins with the game tied and this occurrence has been happening a little too often.

I'm glad there was a chance to clearly see some of our flaws and hopefully shore them up before the Play In/Playoffs.

• Premium Member
19 minutes ago, sillent said:

Get back to the basics. Bogi's hero ball/shots have been more detrimental than helpful to the team. 

I know he may make those shots in practice all the time but it's not productive on many occasions in the game.

I hate to say it but TLC probably would've been a better option in the last game in the 4th quarter. I understand Nate's logic (allowing Bogi to finish) but it was a clear disadvantage that last 4mins with the game tied and this occurrence has been happening a little too often.

I'm glad there was a chance to clearly see some of our flaws and hopefully shore them up before the Play In/Playoffs.

Bogi hit 1 shot in 5 tries... and there were two plays when he definitely should have given the ball up.   He gets caught in a double team and instead of passing out, he does some type of whipteedo shot that look like it came with Lions and Elephants and a car full of clowns.

I believe that in the offseason, Bogi will be our most valued wing.  He should be the wing that we seek to trade... When he's on, he's great.. but his BBIQ is low and his defensive effort is low. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Diesel said:

Bogi hit 1 shot in 5 tries... and there were two plays when he definitely should have given the ball up.   He gets caught in a double team and instead of passing out, he does some type of whipteedo shot that look like it came with Lions and Elephants and a car full of clowns.

I believe that in the offseason, Bogi will be our most valued wing.  He should be the wing that we seek to trade... When he's on, he's great.. but his BBIQ is low and his defensive effort is low. 

I'm not going to hate on his defense effort but yeah the capability lacks hence the reason I definitely miss Cam.

I hope his basketball IQ is better than he's been showing lately.

• Premium Member

my favorite last night was when Trae was waiting to come in at teh scorer's table and you could tell there was no way Bogi wasn't going to force up a horrible shot as soon as he saw Trae standing there.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, shakes said:

my favorite last night was when Trae was waiting to come in at teh scorer's table and you could tell there was no way Bogi wasn't going to force up a horrible shot as soon as he saw Trae standing there.

Hey, it was either that or play a dangerous combined game of chicken and hot potato with Wright and Okongwu.

Pick yer poison, shake'm.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Hey, it was either that or play a dangerous combined game of chicken and hot potato with Wright and Okongwu.

This is seriously a great point. How many shots did Delon pass up last night?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, kg01 said:

This comment deserves more attention.  Got to give it to the Euros on the team.  They aren’t afraid to take shots.  

• Like 2

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Final_quest said:

This comment deserves more attention.  Got to give it to the Euros on the team.  They aren’t afraid to take shots.  

Meanwhile over in the Garden RJ Barrett is passing out of the post with Kyrie guarding him.  200w.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

22 hours ago, kg01 said:

And it wasn't just him.  That's why I cringe when folks act like we don't need Gallo.  That guy serves a real purpose for us.

Gallo's like @marco102 at the office party.  Guy ain't turning down shots and he don't care if Susie from accounting doesn't approve.

giphy.webp?cid=ecf05e4789wtyql9ef85kwcq8

You pretty much hit my point on the head. Every single one of our players has their vice (which is normal). 

The great thing about our team is all of our players are special weapons in their own right especially when they play their role to perfection.

Like you say Gallo rarely takes his finger off the trigger but his height advantage and surprising mobility makes him a clear advantage for us on the court. Kevin's mid range is a weapon. Delon, Clint and OO energy, rebounding and defense. I can go down the line with each of our players.

Iso Bogi is a weapon when he's in his zone mixing up the bag in the midrange and being a team player.

When he's Iso Bogi alone he's a problem.

Yesterday was a great example because he was great when he was playing within the team game (catch and shoot, mismatch Iso's, mid range and driving). I almost thought someone talked to him watching the 1st quarter lol.

After that though he did fall a little into just Iso Bogi again which will not cut it in the playoffs. It doesn't give us that extra edge like utilizing all our weapons and their specialties. We definitely gotta keep that edge/advantages because that's what's going to win us the chip this yr.

• Like 1