• Current Donation Goals

• Raised 390.00 USD of 700.00 USD target

How do you expect McM will use the finger-impaired version of JC?

sturt

• Premium Member

I ask, of course, b/c I have a working theory... I anticipate JC will be playing the 5 for the most part until Capella returns, and essentially asked to fill the Capella role as best he can.

That would probably mean he'll get a lot of time playing beside Gallo and Dre (... and I anticipate a lot of Dre at the 4 vs. the Heat, me),.. not so much playing beside Medium O.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Off the bench at backup C in limited minutes. He plays well enough he'll see more minutes. Dieng may also see minutes and can be the defacto PF because of his ability to stretch the floor.

Energy, Athleticism, Rebounding, Defense!

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, sturt said:

I ask, of course, b/c I have a working theory... I anticipate JC will be playing the 5 for the most part until Capella returns, and essentially asked to fill the Capella role as best he can.

That would probably mean he'll get a lot of time playing beside Gallo and Dre (... and I anticipate a lot of Dre at the 4 vs. the Heat, me),.. not so much playing beside Medium O.

I just replied in the game thread but yes I agree with this. JC will come off the bench as the primary rim roller similar to his pre-Capela days, and Gallo will the be the pop out shooting big, and same with Dre if we are going small. 

I think OO will get a lot of minutes if he can stay out of foul trouble, and he and JC could still play well on the court together, especially defensively.

I just dont trust JC’s shooting right now, so it would be best if he can share the court with a floor spacer next to him up front.

• Like 2

If he's gonna be as off-rhythm as he was in game 1, I just wanna see Johnson in the same role.  Be physical, foul, be disruptive, and catch lobbies.

Can't be getting beat to spots by the ghost of Deadman consistently.  That was embarrassing.

Granted, Deadman shuffled his feet each time before dribbling which I thought was a travel, but that's a whole other thread.  Maybe there's a thing called "playoff travels" that go uncalled?  Did I miss that email?

Oh I forgot, we're not s'posed to talk about officiating.  'Cause wanting them to call travels is disingenuous, I guess. 🙄

22 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Off the bench at backup C in limited minutes. He plays well enough he'll see more minutes. Dieng may also see minutes and can be the defacto PF because of his ability to stretch the floor.

Energy, Athleticism, Rebounding, Defense!

No idea why Nate wouldn't go big against Miami.  Collins or OO, with Dieng and Gallo. Maybe defense is why?  I don't think Dieng is a terrible defender.