• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Welcome Justin Holiday and Maurice Harkless.

JayBirdHawk

On 7/7/2022 at 1:11 PM, NBASupes said:

While they won't be here for many years, I expect a good season from Harkless and 3 to 4 good seasons for Holiday in his specific role.

Them boys gave us nothing or anyone for that matter. They were washed washed. 

• Moderators
On 7/7/2022 at 4:39 PM, AHF said:

I see [the expectation for Justin to contribute versus some of our earlier trades for picks] as a real difference as well.  I'm hoping that Justin's turrible play in Sacramento was an outlier.  It was certainly materially worse than what we've seen from him in other seasons (and worse than he was in Indiana last year).

Hopes were not realized.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
On 7/7/2022 at 2:11 PM, NBASupes said:

While they won't be here for many years, I expect a good season from Harkless and 3 to 4 good seasons for Holiday in his specific role.

On 7/7/2022 at 2:16 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

Yeah..No - I don't see that happening at all. He is already 33

Not even half a season. Bleh!

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I can't believe Dallas is signing Justin over Terrance Ross.   I guess they still believe Justin is a good defender?

Ross was DAL's first choice, but then he chose PHX, if I understood correctly.

But still.

I can only surmise that they think he's still got some 3s left in him... if it was all about defense, wouldn't they have chosen Stanley Johnson instead?

• Moderators
2 hours ago, sturt said:

Respect you. Too few of us do that.

I never liked him but I did expect he would be a useful part of the rotation.  I'm not sure Griffin ever really gets a chance if he doesn't fail badly, though, so I can make a case that I'm pretty happy how it worked out.  Griff barely played the first 9 games.  Game 10 with Trae out, Griffin gets his first big minute, breakout night.  Game 13 comes and Justin puts up a nice 0-for from the floor and gets benched after that never to recover his regular role in the rotation, often being benched for entire games, while Griffin hasn't missed a game since.

Holiday did not deliver the "useful, limited veteran off the bench" role that he has had for much of the past decade and lost his coach's confidence.  Definitely not what I hoped for (or what I would bet TS/LF expected) when we dealt Kevin for him, imo, but I'm a believer in Griffin's future so there is a nice silver lining.

• Like 2