• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Welcome Justin Holiday and Maurice Harkless.

JayBirdHawk

Justin holiday is solid. Will take away minutes from aj this year but should be fine. Unfortunately he isn't vaxxed which could be problematic for the lockeroom should covid rules not change.

Moe harkless should not see the court at all

Justin is not a bum. Not even close. If he re-signs with us for another couple of years on a reasonable contract then I will be for it. 

But I hope people are prepared that Aaron isn't a point guard. He's a shooting guard trapped in a PG body. Health permitting, we will likely only ever see him on the floor alongside Murray, and never with Trae. 

I could see something like Trae, Murray, and Bogi splitting most of the minutes between the 1 and 2, with Aaron getting 5 to 10 minutes at the 2 alongside Murray at the 1. Still going to see a lot of Trae + Bogi minutes together. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
20 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

At least he seems happy to be here. That hasn't always been the case, right Evan Turner?

Yes.  You are so right which is why i'm suspicious of what we really have.  the list of guys that have come our way in their 30s for salary matching that were supposed to really help the team is so long.  Not saying that's the deal here but it's a familiar feeling.   

• Like 2

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Yes.  You are so right which is why i'm suspicious of what we really have.  the list of guys that have come our way in their 30s for salary matching that were supposed to really help the team is so long.  Not saying that's the deal here but it's a familiar feeling.   

guys like Turner and Crabbe were only salary dumps for us to get 1st round picks. Not expected to contribute any.

• Like 2

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

guys like Turner and Crabbe were only salary dumps for us to get 1st round picks. Not expected to contribute any.

I see that as a real difference as well.  I'm hoping that Justin's turrible play in Sacramento was an outlier.  It was certainly materially worse than what we've seen from him in other seasons (and worse than he was in Indiana last year).

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, AHF said:

and worse than he was in Indiana last year).

Ya I picked him up in fantasy and he was destroying me. Lol. Going like 3-14 and chucking up shots but @hazer believes he won’t pull that crap not on a good team where he can actually carve out a role for himself with some 3 and D.

Turrible 😂 

• Haha 2

• Moderators
18 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Well.....   Yeah i totally agree.  I'm high on Justin but let's face it the crux of this deal was still the first round pick.  

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

I’m gonna be pissed if he’s more than a practice body for the Mavs.

Marc Stein @TheSteinLine
Dallas will pursue the addition of Justin Holiday should Holiday secure a contract buyout from Houston, league sources say.
The Rockets have already sent Danny Green (Cleveland-bound) and John Wall (available) to the NBA buyout market.