• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trades: Do you see any you would make before the trade deadline

NBASupes

11 minutes ago, Diesel said:

It's time to trade Mr. Glass. 

Sorry but this guy is a hurt magnet.  I bet he will be out for another 2 weeks with whatever hurt him last night.   Plus, there's no aggressiveness.  We got rid of Kev...  But Kev was far more aggressive than Hunter.    Kev may not have liked contact, but he would be aggressive. Hunter is the 2nd coming of Marvin Williams.   Built like a god but plays like a mouse.   Half the time he was chasing after Klay last night, it didn't even take a real pick set for him to be shed off. 

I know he's PPP and that means that he can only go to certain teams with capspace.  But damn... it's time. 

How about this...

Hunter for Sochan/1st...

Saves Ressler Money.  Gets us a prospect.   And somebody that will try to rebound the damn ball. 

Man, [personal comment deleted]. That's all I can say. Cap got me on a gag order so I can't address you the way I want to.

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

That's all I can say. Cap got me on a gag order so I can't address you the way I want to.

Address the idea presented, not the poster.  It is really quite simple.

In this case, talk about how that deal would impact the team; whether it would represent reasonable value from a trade perspective; etc.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, AHF said:

Address the idea presented, not the poster.  It is really quite simple.

In this case, talk about how that deal would impact the team; whether it would represent reasonable value from a trade perspective; etc.

I already have. I keep telling dude about modern Basketball. About the need for a big wing in this era and they are in limited supply and why Hunter is valuable even if this was the 2000s, he wouldn't be at all. It would be a true center back then. But he doesn't care. He doesn't get it. It's annoying to have such a loud voice and never bother to understand the game you spend so much time watching. It annoys the mess out of me. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

I already have. I keep telling dude about modern Basketball. About the need for a big wing in this era and they are in limited supply and why Hunter is valuable even if this was the 2000s, he wouldn't be at all. It would be a true center back then. But he doesn't care. He doesn't get it. It's annoying to have such a loud voice and never bother to understand the game you spend so much time watching. It annoys the mess out of me. 

I think Sochan is actually bigger than Dre.  And probably a better defender.   And Most likely will be hurt less because he's tougher.

• Premium Member

So tired of seeing this dude in street clothes.   So tired of seeing him play lax basketball.  He would probably prosper under Pop and I don't care...

Hunter for Sochan/1st 

Oh... that first.

First year it can be protected up to pick #25... I don't care. 

I'll make it specific for Landry...

Hunter for Sochan and a 2026 1st (top 25 protected, 2027 top 15 protect, 2028 top 15 protected, 2029 - two 2nd rounders in alternating years). 

No more Mr. Glass. 

• Moderators

It is fine to repeat yourself on this.  I do think your Kaman analogy is a good one.  Some people have their own take on things that you or I might think is a terrible take but that doesn't mean you need to go to talking bad about the poster.  Even here you are straying into that field by saying things like he "never bother[s] to understand the game."  Just write out a full explanation of why you think Hunter has more value than he says and cut and paste that.  

Here you could also talk about Sochan.  Is he good value in a trade?  How would he fit on the team today?  What does his ceiling look like?  Etc.

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, AHF said:

It is fine to repeat yourself on this.  I do think your Kaman analogy is a good one.  Some people have their own take on things that you or I might think is a terrible take but that doesn't mean you need to go to talking bad about the poster.  Even here you are straying into that field by saying things like he "never bother[s] to understand the game."  Just write out a full explanation of why you think Hunter has more value than he says and cut and paste that.  

Here you could also talk about Sochan.  Is he good value in a trade?  How would he fit on the team today?  What does his ceiling look like?  Etc.

That's the problem.... It's autopilot.  So eager to protect Hunter that never looked or talked about Sochan.. Evident in the fact that there's this diatribe about Big wing and Sochan is a bigger  and possibly more defensive wing than Hunter.   And the Kid is only 19.   We'd have Sochan and Griff as Baby boomers... Years to develop together. 

Check out what Pop said about him...

The 19-year-old forward has established himself as a starter and a strong defender in his first NBA season. “We’ve seen it from the beginning,” coach Gregg Popovich said. “He plays a great all-around game. He continues to work on his shooting. But he does everything for us defensively, moves the ball, handles the ball, plays some point.”

6'9 230...

10 minutes ago, AHF said:

Sochan can't shoot. Like at all. Like a lot worse than JJ who can shoot but not much. 

Diesel or anyone would have a case on his defensive upside which is enormous but to be a big wing in today's NBA, you gotta shoot it. It's a non negotiatiable. Otherwise you are a small ball 4 or even 5 depending how bad of a shooter you are. 

Also, SA isn't trading Sochan. He's a rookie that's cheap and they are developing. Anyone pass their rookie deal isn't of SA interest right now. They are rebuilding. 

5 minutes ago, Diesel said:

That's the problem.... It's autopilot.  So eager to protect Hunter that never looked or talked about Sochan.. Evident in the fact that there's this diatribe about Big wing and Sochan is a bigger  and possibly more defensive wing than Hunter.   And the Kid is only 19.   We'd have Sochan and Griff as Baby boomers... Years to develop together. 

Check out what Pop said about him...

6'9 230...

We can trade Hunter. If we have his big wing replacement. We don't and no one is going to trade us a better one. Portland literally asked for OG with 8 overall and Hart and was declined. Big wings are extremely valuable and just too hard to find. It's why Kaman who is just solid was getting borderline all star money. It's high in demand, low in supply. 

• Premium Member

Sochan can't shoot. Like at all. Like a lot worse than JJ who can shoot but not much. 

Diesel or anyone would have a case on his defensive upside which is enormous but to be a big wing in today's NBA, you gotta shoot it. It's a non negotiatiable. Otherwise you are a small ball 4 or even 5 depending how bad of a shooter you are. 

Also, SA isn't trading Sochan. He's a rookie that's cheap and they are developing. Anyone pass their rookie deal isn't of SA interest right now. They are rebuilding. 

The shooting is something that can easily improve.  He guards 1-5, he rebounds very well, he handles the ball very well.   He's like Draymond Green out there.  On offense, what he has learned is to attack the basket. 

No you yelp about shooting 3s....   Hunter is a what 35% 3pt shooter.. shooting what 4 a game?  meaning he drains 1 to 2 a game??

Come on....  Hunter is no Gallo. 

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

We can trade Hunter. If we have his big wing replacement. We don't and no one is going to trade us a better one. Portland literally asked for OG with 8 overall and Hart and was declined. Big wings are extremely valuable and just too hard to find. It's why Kaman who is just solid was getting borderline all star money. It's high in demand, low in supply. 

I thought I proved to you before... I didn't start that Kaman trade.   No matter... 

Anyway,   Sochan is a big wing.. Like I said, at age 19, he probably plays defense better than Hunter.  He's definitely more physical and more apt to get through a pick.   The reason you would want a big wing is for Defense right??  Well here you go.. not just defense but another guy who can handle the ball... not a guy who will let the ball slip through his fingers 25% of the time. 

In fact, with him and AJ platooning that Sf position, we'd have all the bases covered. 

2 minutes ago, Diesel said:

The shooting is something that can easily improve.  He guards 1-5, he rebounds very well, he handles the ball very well.   He's like Draymond Green out there.  On offense, what he has learned is to attack the basket. 

No you yelp about shooting 3s....   Hunter is a what 35% 3pt shooter.. shooting what 4 a game?  meaning he drains 1 to 2 a game??

Come on....  Hunter is no Gallo. 

No. No it's not something that can easily improve when you are that bad at it. At his best, you hope he can get to Prime Draymond level and that's hope. I do think he got a lot of defensive upside as a small ball big and he's very fluid. He got some serious upside. 

No one ever said Hunter is Gallo who is one of the best shooting bigs in NBA history. Hunter is just a solid shooter and a good wide open shooter. Reliable to a degree but you aren't drawing up plays for him. 

1 minute ago, Diesel said:

I thought I proved to you before... I didn't start that Kaman trade.   No matter... 

Anyway,   Sochan is a big wing.. Like I said, at age 19, he probably plays defense better than Hunter.  He's definitely more physical and more apt to get through a pick.   The reason you would want a big wing is for Defense right??  Well here you go.. not just defense but another guy who can handle the ball... not a guy who will let the ball slip through his fingers 25% of the time. 

In fact, with him and AJ platooning that Sf position, we'd have all the bases covered. 

Sochan is not a big wing. He's a small ball 5 who could develop into a small ball 4 with range increases. He shoots way too poorly to be even in that discussion 

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

No. No it's not something that can easily improve when you are that bad at it. At his best, you hope he can get to Prime Draymond level and that's hope. I do think he got a lot of defensive upside as a small ball big and he's very fluid. He got some serious upside. 

No one ever said Hunter is Gallo who is one of the best shooting bigs in NBA history. Hunter is just a solid shooter and a good wide open shooter. Reliable to a degree but you aren't drawing up plays for him. 

You overplay Hunter.  First he has to be on the court.   He has missed 35% of the games he could have played in.   Secondly, you have to have everything catered to him.   i.e wide open looks like the Miami series.   Third, he won't get you rebounds.   If Hunter gets over 5 rebounds it's a celebration.   What drives us nuts is that Hunter is on the floor and he doesn't even try to get rebounds.   If he isn't told, he will just stand on the three point line and wait his turn.   His movement without the ball is subpar.  His awareness is average to less than average.  Yeah.. he shoots better than Sochan.  Sure.   Sochan is still 19.   And there's lots of room to work on his form.   From the video, you can see that his three point shooting form is not bad.   And he will drive the ball.   If you get him working with the right shooting coach, he will definitely get better.   I'm willing to bet on his durability more than Hunter's. 

3 minutes ago, Diesel said:

You overplay Hunter.  First he has to be on the court.   He has missed 35% of the games he could have played in.   Secondly, you have to have everything catered to him.   i.e wide open looks like the Miami series.   Third, he won't get you rebounds.   If Hunter gets over 5 rebounds it's a celebration.   What drives us nuts is that Hunter is on the floor and he doesn't even try to get rebounds.   If he isn't told, he will just stand on the three point line and wait his turn.   His movement without the ball is subpar.  His awareness is average to less than average.  Yeah.. he shoots better than Sochan.  Sure.   Sochan is still 19.   And there's lots of room to work on his form.   From the video, you can see that his three point shooting form is not bad.   And he will drive the ball.   If you get him working with the right shooting coach, he will definitely get better.   I'm willing to bet on his durability more than Hunter's. 

How can I overplay him? He is who he is. I told you why he's valuable. Why is that so hard to simply accept?

I disagree with the no creation section, the awareness section and the movement off the ball section. He's better at those things than you think he is. 

Also, I am not wasting anymore of my time comparing him to Sochan just like I wasn't when Griffin was your big wing of the future and I told you how unrealistic that was.

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Sochan is not a big wing. He's a small ball 5 who could develop into a small ball 4 with range increases. He shoots way too poorly to be even in that discussion 

You are what you can guard.  The only thing that makes him a small ball 5 is you calling him that.   I have heard NOBODY.. NO EXPERT Nobody else suggest that he was a small ball 5 (primarily).   See watch...

The less heralded freshman Baylor forward, Sochan has flown up draft boards in recent weeks because of his rare physical traits and perceived versatility and upside … Perfect length and build for the modern forward, with the agility and verticality to cover every position … Can be utilized as a defensive chess piece, swarming smaller guards or using his long arms as a useful weak side rim protector … Still raw in certain basketball skills, but his youth (19 on draft day) and athleticism point to a very high ceiling … Got better as the season progressed, becoming a more consistent offensive weapon for the Bears, averaging 12.25 points over his final eight games, including hitting 17 twice over that stretch … The American born, Polish forward is a stellar rebounder despite his position, grabbing 9.1 rebounds per 36 minutes … Flashed some self-creation in smaller role (9.2 ppg in 25 minutes), but mostly scored off of assists … Could be a high-level scorer in a few years if he can build on a solid three-point shooting form … Has the length, strength and burst to attack the rim, generating scoring chances, especially while on the fast break … A high motor on the glass and in transition … One of the best defenders in the class despite his youth … 1.3 steals per game … Almost two assists per game even with limited time with the ball in his hands … Shows a good feel for the game …

STRENGTHS

• Versatile defender who showed he's capable of defending every position on the court. Adept at moving his feet and staying in front as a defender on the perimeter, but has the size and competitiveness to bang down low as well.
  • Before recent growth spurt, played guard and wing, allowing him to carry his playmaking skills on the perimeter to the frontcourt. Baylor used him at times to run its offense, and his passing ability is one of his biggest assets.
  • Constant energy. Bundle of electricity who is a magnet for movement. Always in the mix making plays happen and wreaking havoc.

Jeremy Sochan is a smooth, multi-talented combo forward who is emerging as a high first round draft pick in 2022, with top 10 potential.

Sochan can do it all on the court. He can defend the post and out in space and puts in a lot of effort on the defensive end. And he’s multi-talented on the offensive end too, able to shoot it from mid range and out to 3 and also drive the ball with either hand. He’s got sneaky quickness and burst with the ball and great touch on his moves to the rim.

He shoots it from outside with excellent form, although he’s not yet consistent from downtown, hitting in the low 30%’s from 3pt.

The numbers don’t jump out at you but Sochan has a modern skill-set and big time ability and is really coming on strong.

On the defensive end is where Sochan really shines. He’s super versatile and can guard up and down the lineup. He’s great at switching on the perimeter and has the foot-speed and footwork to hang with guards in space.

You're the only person saying small ball 5.   Popp doesn't even play him as a Small ball 5.  He plays him as a wing. 

3 minutes ago, Diesel said:

You are what you can guard.  The only thing that makes him a small ball 5 is you calling him that.   I have heard NOBODY.. NO EXPERT Nobody else suggest that he was a small ball 5 (primarily).   See watch...

You're the only person saying small ball 5.   Popp doesn't even play him as a Small ball 5.  He plays him as a wing. 

You keep trying and you don't get it. In the modern NBA as far as GMs, coaches are concerned. Big wings have to be able to defend the perimeter. At the same time are able to be used on the perimeter the majority of the time. 

Someone can say combo forward as they are like, he can guard multiple positions which Sochan can do. He can guard nearly every position but his offensive limitations makes him a small ball 5 with potential to be a small ball 4. 

It's his offensive position that gets him this label. 

Edited by NBASupes

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Murray ain't going nowhere yet unless it's a significant return.

So we gonna end up maxing both Murray and Trae Young...... Great. All I see mediocrity in our future....

Neither are top 15-20 players this season..Much less max guys.. Good grief..

Just stat padding frontrunners. Especially the short one..

1 hour ago, Diesel said:

It's time to trade Mr. Glass. 

Sorry but this guy is a hurt magnet.  I bet he will be out for another 2 weeks with whatever hurt him last night.   Plus, there's no aggressiveness.  We got rid of Kev...  But Kev was far more aggressive than Hunter.    Kev may not have liked contact, but he would be aggressive. Hunter is the 2nd coming of Marvin Williams.   Built like a god but plays like a mouse.   Half the time he was chasing after Klay last night, it didn't even take a real pick set for him to be shed off. 

I know he's PPP and that means that he can only go to certain teams with capspace.  But damn... it's time. 

How about this...

Hunter for Sochan/1st...

Saves Ressler Money.  Gets us a prospect.   And somebody that will try to rebound the damn ball. 

Hunter for a BiG Mac..