• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Submitted without comment (as-if any is necessary)

sturt

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

We should have did better with that October and November 

December exposed us and now we are getting into the tough part of our scheduling and could get ugly.

He's talking about 2021 supes

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Sothron said:

He's talking about 2021 supes

I saw a schedule and didn't bother to read. My bad. 

Last year team was different. Even though we were solid. It was an elite offense and horrible defense. But we knew we had a solid bench although I can't remember if we unlocked Delon by this point. The offensive fit was fine. I do believe we questioned even then if Kevin was the SG of the future with Trae. Yeah, pretty much all of our issues was based on the defense. I remember a common comment was, I thought Nate was supposed to be a defensive coach, he sucks on defensive coaching. 

Another thing is, the east wasn't anywhere near this deep last year. After Washington, no one else was even trying to win. This year, outside of Orlando and Detroit. Everyone is trying to win. It's hard and the NBA is deeper in general.

The biggest jumps we made in the 2nd half was Trae took a major leap. Delon stabilize an aging Lou who played less and less. We traded Cam, that really helped sadly. We traded Cam helped a lot. That was significant. He was stinking it up for us. That's pretty much it. We didn't change too much. We had many of the issues we had at that time compared to the end of the season.

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 2

The most fixable areas we got are depth based. The issue is, trading core for depth doesn't really make us better either as you would be missing what that core piece brings. Idk, too many big contracts is probably the biggest issue. This is where the 2002-23 and 2022-23 are similar as any core piece you trade just won't bring you back much outside of Trae & Murray and we know that's a no right now. 

Last season Trae went on a tear, Bogi became the top bench scorer in the league, Capela started to recover, and we had unlocked Delon.  

I really think healthy Capela back and MVP Trae coming alive would turn things around for us.  Not saying it will happen.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I still think we have a bench/depth issue. And Nate Is going to do what he's always done aand ride the starters. With Capela out Bogi is playing 31+ mpg. I don't think that's a good thing for Bogi's knee. He's already trending backwards with AJ and JJ instead of developing them.

Remember the game we had everyone healthy? The one game? Nate playtioned an 8 man rotation....starters, OO, Bogi and AJ

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

Last season Trae went on a tear, Bogi became the top bench scorer in the league, Capela started to recover, and we had unlocked Delon.  

I really think healthy Capela back and MVP Trae coming alive would turn things around for us.  Not saying it will happen.  

Honestly, I hate to agree with Cam haters but him getting traded was the most significant difference. Trae was great before the January but he went to another level in the January and finished strong.

Capela rounding into form helped but he's actually in form right now, well not at this moment but before the recent injury. 

I don't believe this is redeemable. Even a Capela trade would just expose the defense so even if Trae offensively started to feel it, our win lost record would be awful. Our biggest issue is the NBA got stronger. Teams that was an easy win last year, aren't this year. 

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Honestly, I hate to agree with Cam haters but him getting traded was the most significant difference. Trae was great before the January but he went to another level in the January and finished strong.

Capela rounding into form helped but he's actually in form right now, well not at this moment but before the recent injury. 

I don't believe this is redeemable. Even a Capela trade would just expose the defense so even if Trae offensively started to feel it, our win lost record would be awful. Our biggest issue is the NBA got stronger. Teams that was an easy win last year, aren't this year. 

Our record with Capela and Hunter this year is 14-8.  Without Capela and Hunter we are 4-13.  

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, sturt said:

2023-01-08_00-11-25.png

Such a Sturt analogy to try and make.     Might as well also post the schedules for the 10 teams who also sucked in the first half of 2021, but then continued to suck in the second half of the season.   Nope, no point in doing that right?   Goes against the agenda.    Sturt loves stats, why doesn’t he post the stats on how often a team is under .500 halfway through the season and then turns it around and finishes with home court advantage like the Celtics did?   Or even makes the playoffs.

Seems to me like that data would be a lot more relevant than simply posting one outlier case over and over again.

• Premium Member

Didn't know I'd need to say this, but don't read more into what you see than what is there.

Big advocate for balanced thinking over here on this side of the internet. So, shakes, you're not wrong in most of that.