• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

It's all starting to come together.

Diesel

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

I get excited to but 2 things temper my excitement.   We need to see this team play well for more than a week at a time.   And we still don't have a bench.   I love the progress AJ and JJ have made this season.  It's a tall task to expect them to be the key bench players for a playoff run in their first playoffs.  

I think our expectations of what a bench looks like is a little skewed. 

How does our bench compare to Milwuakee's?

How about Philly's ?

Do the research..

AJ, JJ, AHoli, Bogi and OO vs.   Whatever Milwaukee has.

AJ, JJ, AHoli, Bogi and OO vs.   Whatever Philly has.

I think a lot of times when we as fans talk about needing a "bench" we want to see the bench be just as strong as the starters.  You won't see that.  That's not even true for Boston and I believe that they are one of the deepest teams in history.    But when you classify our bench vs. our Contempories, I don't think we lose many comparisons. 

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

I get excited to but 2 things temper my excitement.   We need to see this team play well for more than a week at a time.   And we still don't have a bench.   I love the progress AJ and JJ have made this season.  It's a tall task to expect them to be the key bench players for a playoff run in their first playoffs.  

That's why I want Nate to keep playing them, sometimes I feel he is limiting their minutes unnecessarily....prepare them now for later.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, shakes said:

Doesn't Cleveland have "totally New personnel in prominent positions"?  Same with the Nets (simmons).  Same with Philly (Harden).

Same with Milwaukee when you factor in that Middleton was out all year till just now.   Same with Knicks (Brunson).

Same with the Kings.

I guess those teams are exempt from your grand excuse.

Grand Excuse?  You mean... Truth?   I applaud Cleveland for being able to get it together fast.   SImmons and BKL are still working it out.  I wouldn't call them gelled by any stretch of the imagination.   They just have so much talent without Simmons, that what he adds is like putting a $20 tip on a $1000 ticket.   Harden was with Philly last year.   You recall the growing pains that they suffered then.

We have a better record than the Kings but yeah, they have a lot of new parts.

I think what you have to look at is talent vs. conditions(position) vs.  gelling.   We're not deep enough talent wise that the gelling process has no effect on us. (Hello Brooklyn; Hello Milwaukee)  The team that's closest to us in that respect and in respect of the position that we're trying to introduce is Cleveland... and Cleveland has done a wonderful job of gelling.   Maybe its because Garland missed so much of the beginning of the year and Cleveland had to learn to play with Mitchell.  Or maybe it's because Mitchell is an alpha and Garland is not.    I just know that it feels different than Trae and DJM.   We're training DJM to be an OG.   Mitchell didn't have to learn that.   He did the same with MCJ. 

So our gelling is we're talking an alpha who played PG and trying to conform him into being a 2ndary ball handler/scorer.  I don't think any of the people that you're talking about how to work with that kind of gelling.   Gelling to a position that you've played for all of your career is not hard.   But when you have to change what you do totally... that takes time.   When it stops being truth @shakes ,  let me know. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, Diesel said:

How about Philly's ?

Do the research..

AJ, JJ, AHoli, Bogi and OO vs.   Whatever Milwaukee has.

AJ, JJ, AHoli, Bogi and OO vs.   Whatever Philly has.

I think it's more about our relative bench experience (or lack thereof) at SF, PF and C.

AJ - Rookie and 19

JJ - 68 games played and 21

OO - 145 games played, that's not even 2 full years of NBA games

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I think it's more about our relative bench experience (or lack thereof) at SF, PF and C.

AJ - Rookie and 19

JJ - 68 games played and 21

OO - 145 games played, that's not even 2 full years of NBA games

But AJ plays offense like a 4 year vet. 

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Diesel said:

But AJ plays offense like a 4 year vet. 

Truse, but like verything else, it's the defense where he would fall short.  So many things to process so quickly.  Not for lack of effort with him - just not knowing the plays yet.  That is where his vets gotta talk to him on the court to make sure he is in the right spot.  

• Thanks 1