• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Well, who would have thunk....

Diesel

• Premium Member

Here's a serious proposition for you guys...

Are we the next hub for KlutchSports?  I know we like to think that Trae is pulling strings and calling shots but what if it's not Trae.  What if it's Clutch?  What if Trae is just a tool that they used to get it done?

Let me put my work in on this theory.  Think about all the rumors that you have heard consistently....  Now, look at Clutch's Client List...

1. LeBron James – Los Angeles Lakers, SF/PF

2. Anthony Davis – Los Angeles Lakers, PF/C

3. Ben Simmons – Philadelphia 76ers, PG

4. Trae Young – Atlanta Hawks, PG

5. John Wall – Washington Wizards, PG

6. Eric Bledsoe – Milwaukee Bucks, PG

7. Draymond Green – Golden State Warriors, PF

8. Miles Bridges – Charlotte Hornets, SF

9. Markieff Morris – Los Angeles Lakers, SF/PF

10. Dejounte Murray – San Antonio Spurs, PG/SG

11. J.R. Smith – Unrestricted Free Agent, SG

12. Marcus Morris – Los Angeles Clippers, SF/PF

13. Kentavious Caldwell-Pope – Los Angeles Lakers, SG

14. Tristan Thompson – Cleveland Cavaliers, PF/C

15. Trey Lyles – San Antonio Spurs, SF

16. Nerlens Noel – Oklahoma City Thunder, C

17. Dion Waiters – Los Angeles Lakers, SG

18. Terrance Ferguson – Oklahoma City Thunder, SG

19. Cory Joseph – Sacramento Kings, PG/SG

20. Darius Bazley – Oklahoma City Thunder, PF

21. Malik Beasley – Minnesota Timberwolves, SG

22. Jordan Clarkson – Utah Jazz, SG

The red guys have been mentioned in Rumors.  Would you be surprised if... in the offseason, we traded for Draymond Green?  Or would you be surprised if we get Ben Simmons?  We have already floated a JC for Beasley/Vanderbilt deal...

HUB...

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Here's a serious proposition for you guys...

Are we the next hub for KlutchSports?  I know we like to think that Trae is pulling strings and calling shots but what if it's not Trae.  What if it's Clutch?  What if Trae is just a tool that they used to get it done?

Let me put my work in on this theory.  Think about all the rumors that you have heard consistently....  Now, look at Clutch's Client List...

Did you nor just read what @Sothron

Screenshot_20230206_115055_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Did you nor just read what @Sothron

Screenshot_20230206_115055_Samsung Internet.jpg

Well, part of it was I wanted to see if Kyrie was Clutch... Because my Theory is Lebron told him to ask for a Trade.    The trade request didn't make sense.   Then, I was actually thinking about the question why would Trae want Ben Simmons that was asked earlier.   I didn't realize that Beasley and DJ were Clutch Sports.  But it makes sense especially with what Sothron says.   When I saw that Beasley was Clutch Sports.. It clicked a little more.  JC for Beasley/Vanderbilt makes no sense to me.   And Utah has the nerve to want a first on top of that. 

We have watched Lebron come into the league and build his kingdom.  I'm sure his kingdom building will continue with Bronny. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
39 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Well, part of it was I wanted to see if Kyrie was Clutch... Because my Theory is Lebron told him to ask for a Trade.    The trade request didn't make sense.   Then, I was actually thinking about the question why would Trae want Ben Simmons that was asked earlier.   I didn't realize that Beasley and DJ were Clutch Sports.  But it makes sense especially with what Sothron says.   When I saw that Beasley was Clutch Sports.. It clicked a little more.  JC for Beasley/Vanderbilt makes no sense to me.   And Utah has the nerve to want a first on top of that. 

We have watched Lebron come into the league and build his kingdom.  I'm sure his kingdom building will continue with Bronny. 

I believe the only Klutch client that made the AS team this year was Lebron who was voted in. 

There's a definite push back against Klutch and "power empowerment" from the owners/FO/league office. The next CBA is going to be wild. I fully expect issues like what Ben Simmons/Kyrie/Harden have done to be addressed. 

As for Atlanta, Trae wants to stay here. He's already gotten them to trade for one of his buddies in DJM. It wouldn't shock me at all if Trae is able to convince them to make other trades. Nick Ressler is trying to get his dad to pay the LT next season so the team can be more competitive. It bothers me profoundly but as a Hawks fan we are literally rooting for a 27 year old with no basketball experience trying to convince his billionaire father to pay the LT so their team can win more games. 

It feels like a Fresh Prince episode where Will is trying to get Uncle Phil to buy his AAU team some kicks and jerseys except this is real life. We as fans are now actively rooting for Nick Ressler to succeed and convince his dad to open up the wallet. It boggles my mind. 

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Nick Ressler is trying to get his dad to pay the LT next season so the team can be more competitive. It bothers me profoundly but as a Hawks fan we are literally rooting for a 27 year old with no basketball experience trying to convince his billionaire father to pay the LT so their team can win more games. 

It feels like a Fresh Prince episode where Will is trying to get Uncle Phil to buy his AAU team some kicks and jerseys except this is real life. We as fans are now actively rooting for Nick Ressler to succeed and convince his dad to open up the wallet. It boggles my mind. 

As a father, I don't think Ressler will turn down Nick if Nick has some backup.  Travis may have been a opposing voice from what Nick wants to do.  Not saying that Travis didn't want to go above the LT but saying that he wouldn't do it for Nick's plan.   IF Nick looks like it as a game, then surely he would want players with higher on screen value rather than fit. 

With that in mind, i can see him being swayed to go after another Trae Friend.

Consider this for the offseason...

JC/DHunter for MPJr and Aaron Gordon.   Of course we give up first rounders. 

• Moderators
35 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I believe the only Klutch client that made the AS team this year was Lebron who was voted in. 

There's a definite push back against Klutch and "power empowerment" from the owners/FO/league office. The next CBA is going to be wild. I fully expect issues like what Ben Simmons/Kyrie/Harden have done to be addressed. 

As for Atlanta, Trae wants to stay here. He's already gotten them to trade for one of his buddies in DJM. It wouldn't shock me at all if Trae is able to convince them to make other trades. Nick Ressler is trying to get his dad to pay the LT next season so the team can be more competitive. It bothers me profoundly but as a Hawks fan we are literally rooting for a 27 year old with no basketball experience trying to convince his billionaire father to pay the LT so their team can win more games. 

One thing about inexperienced front office is that the world has changed a lot the last 20 years.   We got rookies coming into the league every year now that are immediately stars and #1 options on their teams.   That was few a far between 20+ years ago.  There's just so much more information and resources available to people in every walk a life.   I think it was Anthony Edwards who said he learned a lot of moves by studying guys on youtube.  

Same for running a team.   Used to be if you didn't have years under your belt observing how a team runs you'd have no chance but that's not necessarily the case anymore.  Not to say Nick knows anything at all about running the team but there's certainly a possibility he does.  

2 hours ago, macdaddy said:

One thing about inexperienced front office is that the world has changed a lot the last 20 years.   We got rookies coming into the league every year now that are immediately stars and #1 options on their teams.   That was few a far between 20+ years ago.  There's just so much more information and resources available to people in every walk a life.   I think it was Anthony Edwards who said he learned a lot of moves by studying guys on youtube.  

Same for running a team.   Used to be if you didn't have years under your belt observing how a team runs you'd have no chance but that's not necessarily the case anymore.  Not to say Nick knows anything at all about running the team but there's certainly a possibility he does.  

I think the number of rookies coming in and dominating from day one is still very low, and if they are the number one option it usually means the team is very bad.  Not many Tim Duncan's today, which makes sense given the rookie pool is generally younger due to the predominance of underclassman in the draft.  

I also think it is still veteran teams that win championships.