• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Welcome Back Bruno! and welcome Garrison Mathews.

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
26 minutes ago, AHF said:

I just looked it up.  The statistical minimum to qualify for 3pt% is 82 3pt shots made.  Number of attempts is irrelevant.  You can quality by going 82-82 or 82-250.  Obviously, once you qualify the leaderboard is driven by % made.

This is similar in baseball with a minimum number of innings for pitchers and number of plate appearances for hitters in regards to different leaderboard qualifications.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Jdawgflow said:

This is similar in baseball with a minimum number of innings for pitchers and number of plate appearances for hitters in regards to different leaderboard qualifications.

I see it as different.  I think if it was going to be treated similarly you would make the minimum condition a minimum number of shot attempts.  Minimum plate appearances = minimum number of attempts.  # of 3's = # of hits.

So in baseball you need just over 500 plate appearances to qualify for the batting title.  The NBA rule would be like having a requirement that you get 162 hits in a season instead.

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, AHF said:

I see it as different.  I think if it was going to be treated similarly you would make the minimum condition a minimum number of shot attempts.  Minimum plate appearances = minimum number of attempts.  # of 3's = # of hits.

So in baseball you need just over 500 plate appearances to qualify for the batting title.  The NBA rule would be like having a requirement that you get 162 hits in a season instead.

I think that is fair.  But I think the idea of a minimum in some fashion is similar between sports.  Now the debate about which is better (number vs attempts), is a different and interesting discussion.