• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Welcome Back Bruno! and welcome Garrison Mathews.

JayBirdHawk

Somewhere I read that Garrison Mathews was a buy-out candidate with the Hawks.

Posters here seem to believe he's worth keeping around and see what he's capable of.

Knowing Nate, it will be hard for anyone to crack his nine man rotation unless we have players out.  Hawks have had more than enough players missing playing time this season.

Nice to be home right now with three new Hawks.  Hope to see them soon!

:rtfm:

• Like 1

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

Somewhere I read that Garrison Mathews was a buy-out candidate with the Hawks.

I'd give the squint eye to that, Gray. Mathews' contract is almost as team friendly as Bruno's. Doesn't make much, and yet, he's yours for a long time if you want him. And this team is likely to need to have those kinds of contracts next season to fill out the roster... ie, in view of the owner's luxury tax allergy.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
21 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

Sturt, I think there is a difference. JH and Kaminsky were unplayable. Garrison and Bruno have great advanced stats and were positive influence for the Rockets, they can step and play at any moment and they provide solutions. Bruno is a capable defender for some matchups, Matthews can provide defense and 3pt shooting when is needed, JH just could not shoot or defend. I agree they will not play much but they can cover efficiently injuries.

Bey will find minutes as he is a capable scorer for a 2nd unit. 

After the rotation is settled I think Bey is going to impact JJ minutes. I think Bruno will hardly leave the bench unless there is an injury and I think Mathews is going to be on the rotation at the expense of AH, AJ and Bogi minutes, we will see

Somewhere in that, I would need to see the thrust of my point addressed, my friend... ie, that your current head coach by anyone's measure has little appetite for playing his 10th and 11th guys, and almost certainly can't be expected to embrace playing a 12th one.

Moreover, Mathews has declined statistically every year since his rookie season. He's going to have to prove he can turn it around... probably won't get much chance this season, but next October's training camp will be pivotal for him b/c he'll almost certainly have someone challenging for his seat.... maybe even our two-way, Donovan Williams.

6 hours ago, kg01 said:

Friggin Mathews

He kinda reminds me of that dude on the Heat a few years back forgot his name but he got a 50 mill contract. Lefty white point guard from Bakersfield. Tyler something? He had a missing tooth. 

Anyways, he was a point guard but Mathews reminds me of him in a shooting guard’s body. He’s a tough sob (for today’s pu$$y game but still).

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

He kinda reminds me of that dude on the Heat a few years back forgot his name but he got a 50 mill contract. Lefty white point guard from Bakersfield. Tyler something? He had a missing tooth. 

Anyways, he was a point guard but Mathews reminds me of him in a shooting guard’s body. He’s a tough sob (for today’s pu$$y game but still).

Johnson

Screenshot_20230210_201505_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Like 1

• Moderators
On 2/11/2023 at 5:20 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

I don't know if i heard right but sounds like Bruno said "I got a facetime call from Nick".   Now maybe they had a relationship from his time here so that'd make sense but seems like you'd get a call from Landry.  

• Thanks 1