• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Time Travelling.... something mind unravelling.

Diesel

• Premium Member

Take this trip with Diesel...

You may want to close your eyes here.

1. Hawks beat Celts in 7.
  2. Hawks beat 76ers in 6.
  3. Hawks beat Heat in 5
  4. Hawks beat Suns in 6

What will they say then?

What will be the cry of the media if the Hawks won it all this year?

Would they be happy about Trae being MVP?

Will they give Atlanta Respect?

• Like 1

• Moderators

If we won a ring this year, I think it would transform how Trae is seen and how the team is seen.  We were on the brink of that happening last time we went to the ECF but we didn't stick the landing when we flopped (relatively speaking) the next season.

2 minutes ago, AHF said:

If we won a ring this year, I think it would transform how Trae is seen and how the team is seen.  We were on the brink of that happening last time we went to the ECF but we didn't stick the landing when we flopped (relatively speaking) the next season.

You'd think that but I'd still expect the media to brush it off and try and ignore it and then next year treat us like crap.

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
1 minute ago, swanlee said:

You'd think that but I'd still expect the media to brush it off and try and ignore it and then next year treat us like crap.

We are never going to be favorites but winning a ring changes perceptions.  If we pulled it off, it would be a historic run and would garner a lot of energy and momentum for the players and the team.

Is it likely?  Not at all given how we've played all season.  But if it happened, I think it elevates us out of the current bracket of undesirables whose space we share in the minds of most of the media.  

If we are a top team next year (think top 3 seed in the regular season), we will be viewed very differently as will Trae.  Just my opinion but I think a ring is there.

• Premium Member
24 minutes ago, AHF said:

Winning it... maybe.

Both Paul and Westbrook has been in the finals.   But the media still looks on them as losers.   The hawks would have to win it all to change the narrative... I agree. 

I appreciated the comments from Kendrick Perkins on yesterday.  He gave respek to Trae

23 minutes ago, swanlee said:

Part of me feels the same way.  It's actually a hate of Trae Young in the media. 

• Premium Member

Here's the question...

What's the matchup that we can have in the finals that would make the NBA cringe??

A.  Hawks vs. Suns.

B.   Hawks vs.  Nuggets

C.   Hawks vs. Grizzlies

D.   Hawks vs. Lakers 

E.  Hawks vs.  Warriors. 

F.  Hawks vs. Kings. 

I would say that Hawks vs. Kings would have the lowest Neilson rating in the History of the finals. 

or Maybe the Hawks vs. Nuggets??

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Here's the question...

What's the matchup that we can have in the finals that would make the NBA cringe??

A.  Hawks vs. Suns.

B.   Hawks vs.  Nuggets

C.   Hawks vs. Grizzlies

D.   Hawks vs. Lakers 

E.  Hawks vs.  Warriors. 

F.  Hawks vs. Kings. 

I would say that Hawks vs. Kings would have the lowest Neilson rating in the History of the finals. 

or Maybe the Hawks vs. Nuggets??

Nuggets

Kings

Grizzlies

Suns

Lakers

Warriors

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Nuggets

Kings

Grizzlies

Suns

Lakers

Warriors

Nah... I think some of those matchups can be sold...

Hawks vs. Warriors will sell itself.

Trae Young Opens Up On Playing Against Stephen Curry: “I Remember Being A  Kid Watching Him Back Then, And Just Being A Fan Then, And Now.” - Fadeaway  World

Changing of the Guard!

Old Lion vs. Lion Pupp

Hawks vs. Suns... could sell.

Trae Young goes off for 43 as Hawks snap Suns' win streak | GMA News Online

Is this CP3's last chance??

But Hawks vs. Kings?

De'Aaron Fox vs Trae Young Stats Comparison | Career All Time Stats

I just don't think enough people would care. 

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

It's my order from worse to best.

Oh... My bad.  I thought you were saying that the NBA would cringe at them all...

Anyway...

Trae vs. Ja....  

King of the South Battle....

I think that can sell better than the Lakers.  But then again, it's the Lakers.  Lebron in the finals going for #5 would sell more views than anything else. 

• Premium Member

Most unexpteced plot twist of the year is that the Hawks would get me believing we can win like in 2021. What a turnaround at the last minute by Trae and the Hawks, to me they already proved they are fighters and that playoff Trae is back so I'm somewhat satisfied, but man if they can shit on the face of Boston fans everywhere that would be an incredible cherry on the cake. 

• Like 2

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Diesel said:

Winning it... maybe.

Both Paul and Westbrook has been in the finals.   But the media still looks on them as losers.   The hawks would have to win it all to change the narrative... I agree. 

I don't think Paul lacks for respect but there is definitely level of respect that doesn't come to anyone who fails to win a championship.  

Doesn't matter if it is Stockton, Paul, Malone, Barkley, Ewing, AI, etc.  If you don't win a ring you are viewed as missing a key part of the resume of true greats of the game.

On 4/26/2023 at 2:14 PM, Diesel said:

Take this trip with Diesel...

You may want to close your eyes here.

1. Hawks beat Celts in 7.
  2. Hawks beat 76ers in 6.
  3. Hawks beat Heat in 5
  4. Hawks beat Suns in 6

What will they say then?

What will be the cry of the media if the Hawks won it all this year?

Would they be happy about Trae being MVP?

Will they give Atlanta Respect?

If you have just jinxed us, I will never forgive you.

• Haha 1